Quantcast
Your threads that never caught on

Forums - General Discussion - Your threads that never caught on

It's been over one month since our last "What are your _____ threads?",
and just like any series, this must go on and on, there's never a last one.

So, after pouring all that time in your OP, you proudly publish it for all VGC to see and... you only got a single reply :-O
In which cases has your thread just failed to gain interest? What topics are snubbed by the VGC community?

Will this catch on?



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

Around the Network

I have a very special thread that belongs here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=202524



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
I have a very special thread that belongs here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=202524

Don't be a baby, most threads don't even get 10 replies. It even got closed so it has mod approval!

I nominate this one of mine because it's so ironic.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182190

The fact that Hot Topics exist and nobody uses the Latest Topics is the reason why there are so many abandoned threads in the first place. Perfectly shown with this gem.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Don't be a baby, most threads don't even get 10 replies. It even got closed so it has mod approval!

I nominate this one of mine because it's so ironic.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182190

The fact that Hot Topics exist and nobody uses the Latest Topics is the reason why there are so many abandoned threads in the first place. Perfectly shown with this gem.

No, the reason why your "gem" didn't catch on is because you posted it in General Discussion instead of Website Feedback where it belonged. Back then General Discussion did not appear on the front page, so the people who browse the forums from there (which is quite a high percentage despite being so inconvenient) never got to see your thread in the first place.

As for my thread, it took three days until it got replies.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

I put a lot of sweat and tears into this one but not a single hit. I was very disappointed:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=220678



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

No, the reason why your "gem" didn't catch on is because you posted it in General Discussion instead of Website Feedback where it belonged. Back then General Discussion did not appear on the front page, so the people who browse the forums from there (which is quite a high percentage despite being so inconvenient) never got to see your thread in the first place.

Does Website Feedback pop up on the front page? I was under the assumption only Gaming and Sales does.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Most of mine are NSFW, but not so upfront about it, which fly over people's heads and some of my best pieces just get locked by hater mods. 😐

The other less replied to threads are Xbone related and nobody cares about that crap anyways, so there's no surprise they don't get replies.

Their really isn't a good user base here that appreciates the type of threads that I create, so I cry.







VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
GribbleGrunger said:
I put a lot of sweat and tears into this one but not a single hit. I was very disappointed:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=220678

What do you expect? It's only been made 17 minutes ago. You didn't even write that article. How long does copy and pasting take, anyways? Maybe it's just hot in your room and you have something in your eye? 😒







VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Just a note, I think each has their own metric with popularity, and 10 replies could be enough for some.

My first real let down was a topic on the two pressure points capability resistive touchscreens have, thought it was something not really known but very few people cared. This generation I have touched a few topics that didn't seem to ignite much discussion either, standouts could be threads such as educational software, legacy compatibility, WiiU omissions and Gamepad BC incompatibility (twice).

Still the cake for me was my little eShop Cafe, I like the digital side of things plus the initial response was good, but I just couldn't keep it going just by myself... not sure how the megacompilation threads do it ;)

And from the previous dud threads we have topics that should never be discussed in VGC such as mobile gaming or weekly digital updates.

pbroy said:
GribbleGrunger said:
I put a lot of sweat and tears into this one but not a single hit. I was very disappointed:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=220678

What do you expect? It's only been made 17 minutes ago. You didn't even write that article. How long does copy and pasting take, anyways? Maybe it's just hot in your room and you have something in your eye? 😒

Apparently 15min and no reply is an instant fail for GG.

EDIT: Or maybe he already knew the topic is a no go here.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

If we got rid of hot topics there wouldn't be any threads with less than 5 replies. It would also kill bigger and controvercial threads faster and would completely eliminate necro bumping.  it's a win win win.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.