Quantcast
How are white people supposed to feel about their own race?

Forums - Politics Discussion - How are white people supposed to feel about their own race?

We're still too juvenile as a species to have gotten over the issues of racial hatred, but we are improving (though painfully slowly) every generation I think. One day we'll get there were it's a non-issue, but it's equally naive to think all of the sudden we live in a post-racial society today. Maybe in 200-300 years, right now we're still too petty and stupid of a species to completely be over it.

"Pride" parades and movements for minority groups make sense because those groups have been discriminated against in some cases for several hundred years and have made it through very difficult times with solidarity.

People who get bent out of shape over that are kinda assholes IMO, it's not bothering anyone and those types of movements are supremacist in nature.

And it doesn't really matter on race to me, for example if there was a white minority group living in say Japan, that was tortured and discriminated against in the past and now they want to have a parade to celebrate their community there, I would be totally fine and understanding of that. And if there were Japanese upset at that and wanted to have a Japanese Pride parade to shout them down, I'd say they're assholes for doing so.

It's like I'm not going to go to a Cancer Survivors group and if they decide to have a parade to celebrate that and say "fuck you, you think you're better than me because you survived cancer? You think I don't have problems? How come I don't get a parade?", that's obviously not the point they're trying to make, it's also like the petty logic of a 5-year-old who's upset that his brother got a lollipop at the doctor and he didn't. 



Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
KLAMarine said:

Undeserved collective pride. The hell did a black guy in New York do to contribute towards Lebron James's success?

I don't think that example makes sense when the NBA is dominated by black players and has been for a long time.

There aren't very many black billionaires that I know of.

Correction: Lebron James isn't a billionaire but hundreds of millions is certainly nothing to sneeze at.



SpokenTruth said:
KLAMarine said:

Undeserved collective pride. The hell did a black guy in New York do to contribute towards Lebron James's success?

Do you want to try again or are you going to keep with that airball?

Your thoughts on what I posted.



AbbathTheGrim said:

When they look in the mirror and recognize their race, what are the correct and acceptable feelings white people should feel towards their own race?

Do you believe white people cannot feel pride about their own race without that pride implying racism?

Is pride in your own race only ok when that pride comes from being a minority and being an oppressed race?

How do you think white people should feel about their own race?

Everyone has done bad things. The Japanese killed millions of Chinese, many African countries were involved in the slave trade, Middle East is(unfortunately) home to many terrorists... Just because people in the past did bad things, doesn't mean you can't appreciate who you are. Basically every group of people, whether it'd be by race, culture, sex, or religion, has done something negative in some shape or form.

 

 

Instead of just forcing shame and guilt into people, we should learn to forgive and live with the past behind us. there is no point in bringing up slaves in america. there is no point in discussing the crusaders. There is no point in mentioning Hitler, Stalin, or any other psychopath. None of that is in the present. Either we forgive and move on, or be petty and keep playing the victim card to shame others and boost our egos 



 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

RolStoppable said:
KLAMarine said:

Undeserved collective pride. The hell did a black guy in New York do to contribute towards Lebron James's success?

I don't think that example makes sense when the NBA is dominated by black players and has been for a long time.

It's because white people don't have hops.

 

/sarcasm(please don't ban me)



 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

I have literally never thought about it. I'm just some guy.



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Soundwave said:

We're still too juvenile as a species to have gotten over the issues of racial hatred, but we are improving (though painfully slowly) every generation I think. One day we'll get there were it's a non-issue, but it's equally naive to think all of the sudden we live in a post-racial society today. Maybe in 200-300 years, right now we're still too petty and stupid of a species to completely be over it.

"Pride" parades and movements for minority groups make sense because those groups have been discriminated against in some cases for several hundred years and have made it through very difficult times with solidarity.

People who get bent out of shape over that are kinda assholes IMO, it's not bothering anyone and those types of movements are supremacist in nature.

And it doesn't really matter on race to me, for example if there was a white minority group living in say Japan, that was tortured and discriminated against in the past and now they want to have a parade to celebrate their community there, I would be totally fine and understanding of that. And if there were Japanese upset at that and wanted to have a Japanese Pride parade to shout them down, I'd say they're assholes for doing so.

It's like I'm not going to go to a Cancer Survivors group and if they decide to have a parade to celebrate that and say "fuck you, you think you're better than me because you survived cancer? You think I don't have problems? How come I don't get a parade?", that's obviously not the point they're trying to make, it's also like the petty logic of a 5-year-old who's upset that his brother got a lollipop at the doctor and he didn't. 

Great to see that the mindset of many people is similar to a five year old's.



 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

It's a case of one group ruining it for the rest.

Hitler ruining the toothbrush tash, no one can wear it now.
Sally did too much LSD and killed her kids, now responsible LSD people have to do it in secret cause it's illigal.
Groups of people using the term 'White Pride' to build racist groups and attack other races kind of ruined it for you guys.



hershel_layton said:
Soundwave said:

We're still too juvenile as a species to have gotten over the issues of racial hatred, but we are improving (though painfully slowly) every generation I think. One day we'll get there were it's a non-issue, but it's equally naive to think all of the sudden we live in a post-racial society today. Maybe in 200-300 years, right now we're still too petty and stupid of a species to completely be over it.

"Pride" parades and movements for minority groups make sense because those groups have been discriminated against in some cases for several hundred years and have made it through very difficult times with solidarity.

People who get bent out of shape over that are kinda assholes IMO, it's not bothering anyone and those types of movements are supremacist in nature.

And it doesn't really matter on race to me, for example if there was a white minority group living in say Japan, that was tortured and discriminated against in the past and now they want to have a parade to celebrate their community there, I would be totally fine and understanding of that. And if there were Japanese upset at that and wanted to have a Japanese Pride parade to shout them down, I'd say they're assholes for doing so.

It's like I'm not going to go to a Cancer Survivors group and if they decide to have a parade to celebrate that and say "fuck you, you think you're better than me because you survived cancer? You think I don't have problems? How come I don't get a parade?", that's obviously not the point they're trying to make, it's also like the petty logic of a 5-year-old who's upset that his brother got a lollipop at the doctor and he didn't. 

Great to see that the mindset of many people is similar to a five year old's.

It is unfortunately. The human race is still incredibly petty and stupid, but we are at least getting better. We've made good progress in the last 60-70 years or so. In 2-3 generations I think we'll actually be at a nice place in regards to this issue which is great for our grandkids/great grandkids, lol.