Quantcast
EU referendum -UK users

Forums - Politics Discussion - EU referendum -UK users

Leave or remain

Leave 412 53.72%
 
Remain 355 46.28%
 
Total:767

Im not voting in the poll, im from the netherlands, I think it would be best if the UK decides to leave. I think they will start a chain reaction with more countries leaving, the EU as it is right now does not work. We need to break the agreements that bind it and make new, more reasonable, deals that allow countries not to suffer by other weaker countries that just made an absolute mess, we are not the clean up crew.




Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
gedge72 said:

Those countries also had to sign up to the freedom of movement in order to access the EU single market, so that would make a mockery of a big reason that people will vote to leave. The idea that we will get as good a trade deal outside as we have in seems pretty unlikely, and UK businesses that export to the EU will still have to adhere to EU regulations in order to trade. So what exactly does that leave? That we will somehow be stronger on our own rather than being part of the second largest economy in the world? There will always be pros and cons, but to me it seems the benefits of being in the EU outweigh the negatives.

The EU is not the second largest economy , the EU only did better than Antarctica in terms of growth last year which is terrible. 

If we leave we can set up deals with the commonwealth and others, leaving the EU doesn't mean we will stop doing trade with the EU , the EU need us more than we need them, we import more than we sell..

 

Size and growth aren't the same thing. And of course that's the average across the EU which isn't strictly linked to UK growth.

Of course we can set up other trade deals. The question is whether the terms will be as favourable. Personally I doubt it.



Double posted after lagg, sorry :(




Twitter @CyberMalistix

phinch1 said:
think-man said:
I vote remain, I'm a British citizen by decent. Though I class myself as a New Zealander (Born and breed) I recently got my British passport and I wish to work and love in Europe. This would destroy that dream for me.

Us Leaving the EU doesn't mean you can't do those things.... 

Im sure i read that 2 months after Britain leaves the EU i wouldn't be able to work in EU unless i started working there before they left.



phinch1 said:
 

The EU is not the second largest economy , the EU only did better than Antarctica in terms of growth last year which is terrible. 

If we leave we can set up deals with the commonwealth and others, leaving the EU doesn't mean we will stop doing trade with the EU , the EU need us more than we need them, we import more than we sell..

 

You're confusing size with speed of growth, my friend. As for who needs who, remember that EU paid for British crazy cow madness. 

Then that's not the point. The EU is a common house project, and in such environment the richer help the poorer. Could the house be more functional? Sure. But leaving isn't the solution. Just remember what the Romans did for you and you'll understand my point. :p



Around the Network

This is the most important vote that there's going to be in my lifetime and I will be voting to Leave even if I'm on death's door and have to drag myself to the polling station.

I want my country to be an independent, self-governing, democratic nation again, not tied into ever deeper political, supranational union with other nations.

I want to live in a country that makes all of its own laws and isn't governed by unelected foreign beauraucrats and leaders, that can determine exactly who can or cannot come here to live and work, that can introduce even the most basic of border controls, that can vote in and out those who propose and make all of our laws, that can deport foreign criminals without constantly being hampered, that can spend the money it sends to the EU each year entirely on its own people without it being siphoned off through various corrupt EU level institutions, whose supreme court is truly supreme again and not overruled by European judges from very different legal systems, whose own people cannot be deported to sit and rot in jail cells abroad without even the most basic of evidence first being brought before a British judge, that controls its own fishing waters, that is proud and able to compete on the world market without being wedded to a bloated, protectionist block, and whose government (whether I agree with it or not) is able to implement its manifesto promises without being told that it's impossible because EU laws and regulations proscribe it.

I think Remain will win (for several reasons, from a weak Leave campaign, to Project Fear persuading enough eurosceptics to not take a risk, to the full weight of the government machine being behind Remain), but the ramifications will be such that the question will not be closed and there will be a constant threat of another vote whenever the EU makes its next power grab (which could be fairly soon after the referendum, if the rumours of EU-wide taxation and EU army proposals being held back until after the vote are true).



Remain MUST win.



Michelasso said:

phinch1 said:
 

The EU is not the second largest economy , the EU only did better than Antarctica in terms of growth last year which is terrible. 

If we leave we can set up deals with the commonwealth and others, leaving the EU doesn't mean we will stop doing trade with the EU , the EU need us more than we need them, we import more than we sell..

 

You're confusing size with speed of growth, my friend. As for who needs who, remember that EU paid for British crazy cow madness. 

Then that's not the point. The EU is a common house project, and in such environment the richer help the poorer. Could the house be more functional? Sure. But leaving isn't the solution. Just remember what the Romans did for you and you'll understand my point. :p

Sick of hearing that bogus reference, even if it is a joke.  Anything Europe does for the UK with its subsidies is done with UK money.  We are net contributors.  Slightly different to Romans in Jerusalem a la Life of Brian.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


Europe is stronger with the UK and the UK has more influence within the EU. I think we should stay.



Machina said:

This is the most important vote that there's going to be in my lifetime and I will be voting to Leave even if I'm on death's door and have to drag myself to the polling station.

I want my country to be an independent, self-governing, democratic nation again, not tied into ever deeper political, supranational union with other nations.

I want to live in a country that makes all of its own laws and isn't governed by unelected foreign beauraucrats and leaders, that can determine exactly who can or cannot come here to live and work, that can introduce even the most basic of border controls, that can vote in and out those who propose and make all of our laws, that can deport foreign criminals without constantly being hampered, that can spend the money it sends to the EU each year entirely on its own people without it being siphoned off through various corrupt EU level institutions, whose supreme court is truly supreme again and not overruled by European judges from very different legal systems, whose own people cannot be deported to sit and rot in jail cells abroad without even the most basic of evidence first being brought before a British judge, that controls its own fishing waters, that is proud and able to compete on the world market without being wedded to a bloated, protectionist block, and whose government (whether I agree with it or not) is able to implement its manifesto promises without being told that it's impossible because EU laws and regulations proscribe it.

I think Remain will win (for several reasons, from a weak Leave campaign, to Project Fear persuading enough eurosceptics to not take a risk, to the full weight of the government machine being behind Remain), but the ramifications will be such that the question will not be closed and there will be a constant threat of another vote whenever the EU makes its next power grab (which could be fairly soon after the referendum, if the rumours of EU-wide taxation and EU army proposals being held back until after the vote are true).

You need a time machine and go back to 1500 to get that.

Even if the UK leaves, globalisation will still force it's rules on the UK, or you can try the North Korean route.



Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)