Quantcast
Trump VS Clinton. Who Has Your Vote

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump VS Clinton. Who Has Your Vote

Trump or Clinton

Trump 444 33.61%
 
Clinton 487 36.87%
 
Undecided 109 8.25%
 
Not of age or not American 281 21.27%
 
Total:1,321
LurkerJ said:
mornelithe said:

Not only that, but there are folks on the left who genuinely will not vote for Clinton, due to reasons of principle.  The fact she's probably facing indictment (as she should), the Benghazi thing, the fact she has spoken ignorantly about games and censorship, the fact that she's parroted the false 1 in 5 rape myth, the fact that she's parroted the 77c wage gap myth, the fact that she claims 'listen and believe' for rape victims, conveniently forgetting that under that definition her husband is a multiple time rapist, the fact that she said that women and their families are being crushed by mass incarceration...of women, when there are 13x the number of men in prison than women in the US, and men face on average like 8 years more time in prison for same/similar offenses.

I consider myself moderate/center left/libertarian, and there's no fucking way I'm voting for Hillary, nevermind Trump.  

What do you think of Bernie? 

He's also had issues with Free Speech, he's also parroted the insipid wage gap, and for some reason thinks White people aren't capable of being poor (whatever the hell that means).  The unfortunate thing is that I have valid concerns with basically every candidate, thus far Bernie's given me the least amount of concern (but I'm still concerned about him).  

I always have to temper my issues w/ candidates with knowing that any legislation they attempt to enact would be subject to judicial scrutiny, so...the SCOTUS should keep any attacks of free speech in check.   I'm afraid this time around there's no really good answer, just the least bad answer.   I may just vote independent.  I need to look into Johnson more, though.



Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:

Neither because although Puerto Rico can vote in US primaries, we can't vote for the president of the US.

I was going to say the same thing.  Since PR it's only a territory, we can't vote in the general election.  

Edit:

Will vote in the Democratic Primary Election, though.



Soundwave said:

Counter point:

Politifact ranked all the candidates on their honesty based on their statements.

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/fact-checkers-confirm-hillary-clinton-is-more-honest-than-any-of-her-2016-opponents/24196/

Guess what ... Clinton actually when fact checked is the most honest. Sanders was no.2, Cruz and Trump were basically lying out their ass.

The Republicans have been smearing Hilary for 15+ years because they're afraid of her, they know the Clinton presidency was a very good one and they need to attack her and brand her in 1500 different ways.

Also a politican changing position on something over the course of 15 years is not "lying". It's simply changing a position which I would hope any sensible person would do, I don't believe everything exactly the same way as I did 20 years ago.

This is your counter point?  Politifacts that is biased against republicans?

Let me take 5 statements from you that you have said in your entire life and make sure each of those 5 statements are a lie.  Oh look, you are the most dishonest person in the entire world at 0% honesty.  That didn't take long to completely blow up this argument. Lol



Soundwave said:

Oh a bunch of emails. Whoopity doo. Oh noes the emails. They weren't even classified at the time, so what she's not a rocket scientist at setting up email security like most people over the age of 60 are.

I like Bernie too but the system isn't "rigged". Hilary has more votes than Bernie. A lot more votes actually. She has like 2 million more votes over Sanders and more than Trump as well in this primary season. Of course Bernie Sanders supporters convienantly always forget to mention this.

People get caught up in stupid little things with the Clintons ... fact of the matter is the 90s were pretty much the most peaceful and properous period of time for America probably since post World War II. Economy was booming, jobs were plentiful, Clinton is the only president to actually have a surplus instead of a deficet in like the last 100 years, the US didn't get caught up in any major wars.

But he oh no, dude got a blow job from an intern. Like who cares. Kennedy probably fucked half the Eastern seaboard, but he also probably prevented nuclear World War III. Gee, which is more important?

Bernie's "honest" ... but "honest" is akin to being "nice" in football ... it's all well and good until you get knocked on your ass. I don't think he'd be able to accomplish 1/3 of what he's proposing and a lot of what he's proposing would send the US into monstrous debt. Clinton may not get people in "oohss" and "ahhhhs" as a "she makes me feel good" type candidate but she'll probably get shit done because she's more of a moderate.

She's the only one that has a tax plan that wouldn't send the US into monsterous debt ... Sanders wants to make everything free and raise taxes everywhere. Trump wants to give massive tax cuts to millionaires/billionaires while spending even more on the military and maintain Medicare/SS, so he's ok with much less tax revenue but more spending. Clinton is the only one with any damn sense fiscally.

You're totally right.  Having 2200 classified emails, some of which were either top secret or classified at the time they were sent or recieved is not a problem.  It's also not a problem that you now have a hacker, who is currently being held by the FBI, claiming that he got into the Clinton server.  Let's have this person have the most powerful position in the world run our country.  Or the fact that she has taken millions of dollars from countries in the middle east with her Clinton Foundation.  She is so corrupt it is unbelievable.  By the way, the FBI aren't interrogating her, they are simply playing patty cake in a back room.

The system is rigged and it goes to show that you have not being paying attention to this election.  Berine Sanders tied in Iowa (1st state) and crushed her in New Hampshire (2nd state).  That means she was losing in both pledged delegates and popular vote.  But the system is so rigged that she was winning in delegates by 350 just after two states (Hillary - 394   Bernie - 44).  This rigging process comes from superdelegates, which I have already previously explained in a prior post.  The next state Nevada she finally won and was ahead like 502 delegates to 77 delegates.  So she gained 108 delegates in Nevada that only has 35 total delegates to give out.  If you were ahead 394 to 44 or 502 to 77, wouldn't that give you enough momentum going forward to eventually win?  But keep thinking the system isn't rigged.  If the shoe was on the other foot, you would say it is rigged.

Again you have no clue what you are talking about.  How was it possible for Bill Clinton to have oral sex with an intern?  Why wasn't there anybody else around to see this?  Perhaps everyone in the government went home because there was a government shutdown (everyone goes home except for interns!!!).  Oh that's right.  It was Newt Gingrich and company that balanced the budget.  

Now I don't agree with Sanders on a lot of issues but he is at least exposing the corrupt system on the democratic side so I applaud him for that.  Clinton's positions are absoultely all over the place.  She has most recently said that she wants to put coal miners out of jobs.  Lol



If I were from the US I would vote, and actively support, Bernie Sanders (and, most important, the movement, activists and ideas around him). It's about time for the mases of the US to get rid of corporate politics and start debating about decent wages, equality, housing, free healthcare and education, quality public services, etc. etc. etc.



Around the Network
Zarkho said:
If I were from the US I would vote, and actively support, Bernie Sanders (and, most important, the movement, activists and ideas around him). It's about time for the mases of the US to get rid of corporate politics and start debating about decent wages, equality, housing, free healthcare and education, quality public services, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah yeah it makes sense to support a socialist. 



jason1637 said:
Zarkho said:
If I were from the US I would vote, and actively support, Bernie Sanders (and, most important, the movement, activists and ideas around him). It's about time for the mases of the US to get rid of corporate politics and start debating about decent wages, equality, housing, free healthcare and education, quality public services, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah yeah it makes sense to support a socialist. 

Of course, he is not American so he is used to the government taking care of him.



In case no one has made this analogy yet:

Trump = Sony
Hillary = Microsoft
Bernie = Nintendo



bet: lost

Zarkho said:
If I were from the US I would vote, and actively support, Bernie Sanders (and, most important, the movement, activists and ideas around him). It's about time for the mases of the US to get rid of corporate politics and start debating about decent wages, equality, housing, free healthcare and education, quality public services, etc. etc. etc.

Nope, sorry we gotta debate on who gets to go to which bathroom.



Jimbo1337 said:
Soundwave said:

Oh a bunch of emails. Whoopity doo. Oh noes the emails. They weren't even classified at the time, so what she's not a rocket scientist at setting up email security like most people over the age of 60 are.

I like Bernie too but the system isn't "rigged". Hilary has more votes than Bernie. A lot more votes actually. She has like 2 million more votes over Sanders and more than Trump as well in this primary season. Of course Bernie Sanders supporters convienantly always forget to mention this.

People get caught up in stupid little things with the Clintons ... fact of the matter is the 90s were pretty much the most peaceful and properous period of time for America probably since post World War II. Economy was booming, jobs were plentiful, Clinton is the only president to actually have a surplus instead of a deficet in like the last 100 years, the US didn't get caught up in any major wars.

But he oh no, dude got a blow job from an intern. Like who cares. Kennedy probably fucked half the Eastern seaboard, but he also probably prevented nuclear World War III. Gee, which is more important?

Bernie's "honest" ... but "honest" is akin to being "nice" in football ... it's all well and good until you get knocked on your ass. I don't think he'd be able to accomplish 1/3 of what he's proposing and a lot of what he's proposing would send the US into monstrous debt. Clinton may not get people in "oohss" and "ahhhhs" as a "she makes me feel good" type candidate but she'll probably get shit done because she's more of a moderate.

She's the only one that has a tax plan that wouldn't send the US into monsterous debt ... Sanders wants to make everything free and raise taxes everywhere. Trump wants to give massive tax cuts to millionaires/billionaires while spending even more on the military and maintain Medicare/SS, so he's ok with much less tax revenue but more spending. Clinton is the only one with any damn sense fiscally.

You're totally right.  Having 2200 classified emails, some of which were either top secret or classified at the time they were sent or recieved is not a problem.  It's also not a problem that you now have a hacker, who is currently being held by the FBI, claiming that he got into the Clinton server.  Let's have this person have the most powerful position in the world run our country.  Or the fact that she has taken millions of dollars from countries in the middle east with her Clinton Foundation.  She is so corrupt it is unbelievable.  By the way, the FBI aren't interrogating her, they are simply playing patty cake in a back room.

The system is rigged and it goes to show that you have not being paying attention to this election.  Berine Sanders tied in Iowa (1st state) and crushed her in New Hampshire (2nd state).  That means she was losing in both pledged delegates and popular vote.  But the system is so rigged that she was winning in delegates by 350 just after two states (Hillary - 394   Bernie - 44).  This rigging process comes from superdelegates, which I have already previously explained in a prior post.  The next state Nevada she finally won and was ahead like 502 delegates to 77 delegates.  So she gained 108 delegates in Nevada that only has 35 total delegates to give out.  If you were ahead 394 to 44 or 502 to 77, wouldn't that give you enough momentum going forward to eventually win?  But keep thinking the system isn't rigged.  If the shoe was on the other foot, you would say it is rigged.

Again you have no clue what you are talking about.  How was it possible for Bill Clinton to have oral sex with an intern?  Why wasn't there anybody else around to see this?  Perhaps everyone in the government went home because there was a government shutdown (everyone goes home except for interns!!!).  Oh that's right.  It was Newt Gingrich and company that balanced the budget.  

Now I don't agree with Sanders on a lot of issues but he is at least exposing the corrupt system on the democratic side so I applaud him for that.  Clinton's positions are absoultely all over the place.  She has most recently said that she wants to put coal miners out of jobs.  Lol

Clinton has 2 millon more votes than Sanders does in the primaries, so lets just drop the delegate system and make it a popular vote since that's more democratic, no? She still wins by a large margin. The only democrats to ever get as many votes in a primary season as Clinton has this year would Obama and Clinton in 2008.

So no, I don't think the system is "rigged", Bernie has 2 million fewer votes overall. 

Bill Clinton received oral sex in office, if you don't know this I'm going to assume you're too young to know what was happening in the 1990s, but look it up some time it was an interesting decade.

Trump is getting sued for actual fraud that hurt people by the way by virtue of his "Trump University", no one really is making a fuss about that. Emails that weren't classified at the time hurt no one, a careless oversight sure, but I'm not going to kill someone an oversight like that.

Bernie Sanders is a nice idealist, but he will get nothing done as president, Obama has had enough of a hard time and Bernie is far more to the left. Beyond that even if he could his proposals and tax plans are filled with wishful thinking that would run the country trillions into debt. So would Trump's plan. Clinton's is is the only one that isn't fiscally insane.

Clinton may not give slogans that go well on a t-shirt, but my personal feeling is she's level headed and smart enough to lead the country without driving it into the monster debt and has actual experience in being first lady during 8 very successful years with Bill Clinton as president give her far more of a heads up than the other two have had.

In a perfect utopian world, sure Sanders is probably my choice, but this is real life and I don't think he'd function well as an actual sitting president. You need someone who can get a little dirty, this isn't the ice capades, real life politics is more like ice hockey with others trying to take your head off. Trump is entertaining but just batshit crazy and full of himself, he'd turn the country into polarized farce of itself.