Quantcast
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is heavily censored

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is heavily censored

tsogud said:

Atlus is in charge of this game's localization not Nintendo...

Anyway I wouldn't say it's heavily censored, going by those three pics.

Atlus is localizing it under Nintendo's supervision. 



Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Didn't we know about the reduced cleavage (pictured on the left) since weeks?

 

Yeah, I was the OP back then. Maybe it fell into obscurity?



It's not heavily censored. And anyways, if it is, I bet you they did that so it could have a T rating. (It was M in Japan, and yes, I know it's called Cero. Don't anyone correct me)
They probably did it so it can reach a broader audience.



[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

[Wii U/NNID: Jaekization]

[3DS Friend code: 2852-7052-1758]

Gamemaster87 said:
tsogud said:

Atlus is in charge of this game's localization not Nintendo...

Anyway I wouldn't say it's heavily censored, going by those three pics.

Atlus is localizing it under Nintendo's supervision. 

Stop making crap up. When it was announced Nintendo didn't handle Bravely Second, no one believed it. Now when it's announced Nintendo isn't handling TMS, no one believes it. Just. Stop.



[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

[Wii U/NNID: Jaekization]

[3DS Friend code: 2852-7052-1758]

Paatar said:
Gamemaster87 said:

Atlus is localizing it under Nintendo's supervision. 

Stop making crap up. When it was announced Nintendo didn't handle Bravely Second, no one believed it. Now when it's announced Nintendo isn't handling TMS, no one believes it. Just. Stop.

Well to be fair, there were no Nintendo characters in Bravely Second....I think.



Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:
tsogud said:

Atlus is in charge of this game's localization not Nintendo...

Anyway I wouldn't say it's heavily censored, going by those three pics.

Atlus is localizing it under Nintendo's supervision. 

Actually no, that's not true.

“Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way that is consistent with the localization work they do on games they publish,” reads a statement from Nintendo of America. “It was a priority to ensure the game feels familiar and appeals to longtime Atlus fans. Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products.”

Source



 

Ultrashroomz said:
At this point, Nintendo games being censored might as well be a meme.

Saw ones like this.



Stop making mountains out of molehills, Jesus Christ. Censorship implies we're missing out on something worthwhile, not a tiny bit of cleavage. This is localization.



You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Paatar said:
Gamemaster87 said:

Atlus is localizing it under Nintendo's supervision. 

Stop making crap up. When it was announced Nintendo didn't handle Bravely Second, no one believed it. Now when it's announced Nintendo isn't handling TMS, no one believes it. Just. Stop.

 

tsogud said:
Gamemaster87 said:

Atlus is localizing it under Nintendo's supervision. 

Actually no, that's not true.

“Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way that is consistent with the localization work they do on games they publish,” reads a statement from Nintendo of America. “It was a priority to ensure the game feels familiar and appeals to longtime Atlus fans. Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products.”

Source

You can't tell me that you really think that Nintendo had no influence on this censorship.



I don't know about it being heavily censored, but there certainly is some. BTW, the one handling the localization is Atlus, not Nintendo.