Quantcast
Metacritic breaks its own rules to let Western Reviewers defame Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic breaks its own rules to let Western Reviewers defame Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

You're talking here about metacritic's rules but it looks like you just made that rule up. That doesn't really strengthen your position.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Does anybody seriously consider Metacritic to be a reliable source, especially for japanese games?



Metacritic is garbage honestly. Just look at how they allow reviews from troll sites like Quarter to Three and Giant Bomb. 

And you're right, I read alot of the western reviews for DoA Xtreme 3 and some of them definitely do have an agenda, the writers were clearly biased against the game to start with due to it's depiction of women in scanty bathing suits. Tecmo Koei didn't release the game in the west because they feared backlash from those very same critics. A few of the reviews do raise legitimate issues though, I'm not saying that DoA Xtreme 3 is a good game, but it doesn't seem to be as bad as the meta would lead one to expect. There's a reason why the user reviews are significantly higher than the critic reviews, which is the opposite of what you usually see on Metacritic. 



Allowing for reviews of this one game where others go ignored does reek of something, either want of clicks or to further the sjw agenda, I couldn't tell you which it was.



mornelithe said:

Wait, people still think metacritic is a reliable source? Japanese games or no, Metacritics flaws with regards to the gaming industry are well documented by now.  People should know better.

 

PxlStorm said:
Does anybody seriously consider Metacritic to be a reliable source, especially for japanese games?

 

Roronaa_chan said:
Metacritic isn't a reliable source for anything, whether it's japanese games or martian games

yeah but why is metacritic put so highly in the gaming community? you have people here making Metacritic pediction threads before the reviews are out and the same threads get tons of discussion and pages. See SF5 or Quantum break recentley 



Around the Network

Metacritic reviews are shit.
IGN reviews are shit.
Your reviews are shit.

No one cares at all. As long as you enjoy the game, you're good to go. Seriously, what the hell are people doing complaining because Boop Pop 3 got 8/10 instead of a higher score. If you like the game, then why do you give a damn about what others think!?

If you want to play a game where you mess around with women who have basketball-sized breasts, have a butt as big as Kim K's, but are somehow as skinny as an African kid, then go ahead. I seriously don't care.



 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

SuaveSocialist said:
Allowing people to review games is fair and just. Denying people the right to do so is not. Don't see how region is even a part of this equation.

i dont see how you  are calling yourself socialist if you dont see the unjust how none-western reviewers are left out from Metacritic. Arent you about equality?

vivster said:
You're talking here about metacritic's rules but it looks like you just made that rule up. That doesn't really strengthen your position.

well they arent transparent in how this site is working, so i have to compare what i see. And i clearly see games not realsed in the US or West arent reviewed for the majority of games except this one

cfin2987@gmail.com said:

"Defame". Libel? If you are referring to defamation by publication in transient form then one of the main critiria is that the statement isn't true and that it is not simply an opinion i.e I think this game sucks. Therefore, no there is no defamation here.

pokoko said:
Calling a bad game bad is an "agenda"?

That was like reading a piece on how Kevin Bacon is behind the JFK assassination.

game sucks according to these view Western reviewers who are at the forefront reviewing a game that wont even come out in their countries, while metacritic doesnt allow any none-western reviewers from Asia for a game only released in Asia.

Yep according to this dubious parameter the game sucks.



Turkish said:
Man the controversy has propelled this niche series into one of the most talked about games of 2016. The most watched playthrough on youtube has 4 Million views, even more than Quantum Break.

If the game was good I'd import it too.

Dead or Alive was never nieche.

And its a good game if you know why you are buying it

shikamaru317 said:

Metacritic is garbage honestly. Just look at how they allow reviews from troll sites like Quarter to Three and Giant Bomb. 

And you're right, I read alot of the western reviews for DoA Xtreme 3 and some of them definitely do have an agenda, the writers were clearly biased against the game to start with due to it's depiction of women in scanty bathing suits. Tecmo Koei didn't release the game in the west because they feared backlash from those very same critics. A few of the reviews do raise legitimate issues though, I'm not saying that DoA Xtreme 3 is a good game, but it doesn't seem to be as bad as the meta would lead one to expect. There's a reason why the user reviews are significantly higher than the critic reviews, which is the opposite of what you usually see on Metacritic. 

well you can see that not the quality of the game dropped but the reviewers if you compare it with its previous titles, at least western reviews because asian sites are not allowed in Metacritic 

 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/dead-or-alive-xtreme-beach-volleyball

 

IGN even gave it a 92



Ruler, no one takes that site seriously. The only reason it even gets brought up here is because it is great bait for people eager to post console war bullshit and those hungry for clicks on their articles to get more badges.

Quantum Break has a 77 because they allowed Korean MMO grindfest addicts GiantBomb to review a Western game. Guess what happens next?



It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS! 

    Being honest, I don't really think the people who care for DOA really give a shit what the Metacritic is.