Quantcast
The NX needs to be stopped!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The NX needs to be stopped!

Your thoughts on the NX?

NX needs to be stopped. W... 52 23.64%
 
Sometimes it's good to u... 168 76.36%
 
Total:220

I think Nintendo is releasing the NX way too early. The PS4 and XBox One are three years old, and will be selling for at least three years more. This generation is far from over. People with a PS4 or a Xbox won't be buying a NX as it won't be a mayor jump from the current consoles.
And they shouldn't be porting many Wii U games, so the Wii U has a legacy. And they should have released an exclusive Zelda. Not releasing an exclusive Zelda on Wii U is unforgivable.



Around the Network
Magnus said:
I think Nintendo is releasing the NX way too early. The PS4 and XBox One are three years old, and will be selling for at least three years more. This generation is far from over. People with a PS4 or a Xbox won't be buying a NX as it won't be a mayor jump from the current consoles.
And they shouldn't be porting many Wii U games, so the Wii U has a legacy.

No one said that the NX will mark the next generation. While the WiiU was a little early for this generation, the NX will be a little late. Nintendo just doesn't fit in the cycle with Sony and Microsoft anymore, because Nintendo consoles aren't really an alternative to PS and XBox anyway. People buy them either because they are die-hard Nintendo fans or as a secondary platform. I reckon it will be the same for NX, except if Nintendo presents something really revolutionary.



Meh analogy you got there :S



BillyBlaze said:
Magnus said:
I think Nintendo is releasing the NX way too early. The PS4 and XBox One are three years old, and will be selling for at least three years more. This generation is far from over. People with a PS4 or a Xbox won't be buying a NX as it won't be a mayor jump from the current consoles.
And they shouldn't be porting many Wii U games, so the Wii U has a legacy.

No one said that the NX will mark the next generation. While the WiiU was a little early for this generation, the NX will be a little late. Nintendo just doesn't fit in the cycle with Sony and Microsoft anymore, because Nintendo consoles aren't really an alternative to PS and XBox anyway. People buy them either because they are die-hard Nintendo fans or as a secondary platform. I reckon it will be the same for NX, except if Nintendo presents something really revolutionary.

No respectable company releases two consoles on the same generation. The NX isn't a little late, it's VERY late. And Nintendo does compete with Playstation and XBox, whether they like it or not.



vivster said:

It's splitting the Nintendo userbase!

Just imagine this. You just bought your Wii U, you're enjoying all the nice games and you're perfectly happy with it. Then suddenly Nintendo announces a new console. A new console that not only does play Wii U games at a better performance and visuals but even has a bunch of exclusive new games and features. They're probably even stopping releasing games on the "old" console because of this.

I mean what was Nintendo thinking? They're splitting their userbase, basically making Wii U owners second class citizens. There are now over 10 million customers who are angry at Nintendo because of this yet they continue to go forward with this. They're gonna ruin all the good reputation they've build with the Wii U.

Consoles are built to last and not to be replaced with a new model after a few years. Have they even thought about how much of a strain that will be to their developers? They will now have to develop games for 2 different platforms and for most that's an impossible task, so they'll be forced to only develop for the new console which will leave all Wii U owners in the dust.

So I beg you Nintendo, just end all the rumors and the NX nonsense and stick to Wii U, like your fanbase does.

 

Nintendo consoles typically stay in focus for 5 years.  If NX comes out this year, that makes 4 years (just one year shy of the ave lifecycle).  Given the sales of the WiiU, this is logical to me and people should have seen it coming.  Not much reason to complain.

 

If the NX comes out 2017, look at that, the WiiU has lived a full Nintendo lifecycle and ends right on time.  In this case, fans have NOTHING to complain about.

 

Seriously this year or next, people are crying way to much over this.  Enjoy your WiiU and if you want an NX, get it.  It really is that simple.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Around the Network

I think this was supposed to be a PS4K thread...



Magnus said:
BillyBlaze said:

No one said that the NX will mark the next generation. While the WiiU was a little early for this generation, the NX will be a little late. Nintendo just doesn't fit in the cycle with Sony and Microsoft anymore, because Nintendo consoles aren't really an alternative to PS and XBox anyway. People buy them either because they are die-hard Nintendo fans or as a secondary platform. I reckon it will be the same for NX, except if Nintendo presents something really revolutionary.

No respectable company releases two consoles on the same generation. The NX isn't a little late, it's VERY late. And Nintendo does compete with Playstation and XBox, whether they like it or not.

You didn't get my point. I wanted to point out that there are very few people who EITHER buy a Nintendo console or PS/XBox. People who are mostly interested in "mature games" and third-party titles like GTA/COD/Fifa are very unlikely to choose Nintendo with its family-friendly image, even if it offers the same games. The people Nintendo is competing with Sony and Microsoft for are mostly the casual gamers, of which many haven't bought any next-gen console yet.



Anfebious said:
A response to the PS4k "outrage", clever. I still think the PS4k is a bad idea, you can expect this kind of upgradable hardware shit from PCs (even handhelds) but not from consoles.

Should've known you are an enemy of progress and performance when you started playing RL on PS4.

I still think that the analogy is on point and the reasons why it is not, are arbitrary at best (4 years are ok, 3 years are a crime against humanity). That's what this thread was for. Basically collecting all the arbitrary reasons to defend new hardware so I can use them later. Though it wasn't as much of a gold mine as I hoped it would be. I also hoped some cool mod would move this to Sony discussion but yet another disappointment :(



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Anfebious said:
A response to the PS4k "outrage", clever. I still think the PS4k is a bad idea, you can expect this kind of upgradable hardware shit from PCs (even handhelds) but not from consoles.

Should've known you are an enemy of progress and performance when you started playing RL on PS4.

I still think that the analogy is on point and the reasons why it is not, are arbitrary at best (4 years are ok, 3 years are a crime against humanity). That's what this thread was for. Basically collecting all the arbitrary reasons to defend new hardware so I can use them later. Though it wasn't as much of a gold mine as I hoped it would be. I also hoped some cool mod would move this to Sony discussion but yet another disappointment :(

Of course I am, I'm playing Dark Cloud 2 on a PS4.

The analogy is incorrect because the PS4K is (technically) still the same console. It just comes with a resolution upgrade (or that's what the rumors say)! The NX is a completely new console with exclusive games, etc. It does come sooner than it should but hey it's Nintendo, they get a free pass from me.

Yeah, I know that you could argue that every new console is just an upgrade but that's true only for Sony and Microsoft! Nintendo always brings a new gimmick with every new console. It's far more exciting to wait for the NX than the PS5.

Anyway begone foul demon, get your arbitrary reason to defend new hardware from other poor soul. You are not getting them from me.



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Wiiu was launched in 2012, so be remplace in 2017...
If NX is launch on 2016, anyway it can't sell 12 millions in first year, i think NX and wiiu will have a lots of same games on 2016 /2017...
Nintendo can't forget wiiu in 2017, loose millions selling games...

Second time, if NX is handheld devices, we have a lots of chances it will be a wiiu handheld, so Nintendo gonna make two version of their games, WiiU and NX handheld in the same time . So NX could help wiiu untill 2019...

So NX could Killing wiiu selling, the machine selling. But games can be launch on both... That could explain why there is no annonced games on wiiu, this games is also planned to be NX launch title...