Quantcast
Dark Souls III is Bandai Namco America’s fastest selling title ever

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dark Souls III is Bandai Namco America’s fastest selling title ever

Slimebeast said:

+130 000 peak concurrent players on Steam during the first weekend, suggests well over 400 000 copies sold on the first week for Dark Souls 3 PC version (the vast majority being digital download ofc). I think  I saw Steamspy had it at 600K even, first week.

I'm so happy that PC gamers acknowledge these great games when console players don't, relatively speaking. These games struggle to sell even 2 million on consoles sadly.

I get your point but I think the games are doing quite good considering the niche label.

According to vg console sales are:
Dark Souls: 3.04 mill
Dark Souls II: 2.74 mill
Dark Souls III: ? (fastest selling Bandai Namco title in the West)



Around the Network

Steam: 686,401 ± 19,350
Japan: 267,654 (no digital sales)

It's way past 2m by now.



Im loving it, next up will be bloodborne 2 im guessing.



think-man said:
Im loving it, next up will be bloodborne 2 im guessing.

 

Miyazaki said he's done with Souls games, and anything that resembles it.



That's good to know



Around the Network
Wright said:
think-man said:
Im loving it, next up will be bloodborne 2 im guessing.

 

Miyazaki said he's done with Souls games, and anything that resembles it.

That wont happen yet, they are currently working on an exclusive with Sony atm. Its probably bloodborne 2 lol



think-man said:

That wont happen yet, they are currently working on an exclusive with Sony atm. Its probably bloodborne 2 lol

 

Wanna bet? :P



Wright said:
think-man said:

That wont happen yet, they are currently working on an exclusive with Sony atm. Its probably bloodborne 2 lol

 

Wanna bet? :P

A bet that they wont make anymore souls games? this is far to successful for them. Before Souls games FromSoftware were struggling to make any money, I don't doubt they'll be looking to make new IP's but they wont ditch this. 



think-man said:

A bet that they wont make anymore souls games? this is far to successful for them. Before Souls games FromSoftware were struggling to make any money, I don't doubt they'll be looking to make new IP's but they wont ditch this. 

 

A bet that From's next two/three games won't have anything to do with Souls. I'm not betting "ever" because nothing lasts or waits forever, but hey.



I was hoping that maybe Souls would take a rest but those sales means there'll be another one March 2017.

Loving DS3 but I think I'm getting a bit burnt out on the formula.
March 2014 - DS2
March 2015 - Bloodborne and DS2 SotFS
March 2016 - DS3
March 2017 - Whatever the Sony games ends up being. Hopefully it's something fresh.