Quantcast
Miitomo reached 1 Million users on Smartphones

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miitomo reached 1 Million users on Smartphones

Damn, that was quick.



Around the Network
elektranine said:
How is this a big deal?
Android sales number in the billions each year.
Even counting only japan that would be 200+ million devices.
Most popular apps do way better than just a million installs.

This is the response exactly that I expect from most people on the Internet! Nintendo can be swimming in billions of dollars in profits by next year and people like you will suggest, ahh it's no big deal... such a classic, never change 



Skullwaker said:
spemanig said:

Not unless you're already friends with them on Facebook or Twitter. That's not gonna go over well here.

That's...really dumb. 

Following someone on Twitter isn't too bad but Facebook friending someone is pretty intrusive and something that a lot of people don't usually do unless they know each other in real life or are pretty close in general. They should just have a regular friend system that doesn't require the use of external social networks.

Why is it dumb? It's a brand new social app, there's no established history yet. Once time has settled in and it's actually established a base of users then it would make sense to have a in app friend search feature. Including adding friends through the current widespread popular social apps is actually the smartest thing that they could have done. Many people that may not even be interested in games might try this app out simply because it's trending on Twitter or something.



Am I the only one that gets the 100 million in 3 days when translated with Google? Is it really 100 million already?



Mr.GameCrazy said:
elektranine said:

Not really that impressive for a worldwide well known publisher such as Nintendo. Most apps from known devs will have at least these or higher numbers. We have apps running in the relm of 10-20 milion downloads in the first 24 hours. So taking days to reach 1 million from a well known dev is not that good.

There is also the fact that it has only been released in Japan so far.

Last year over 50 million andriod devices where sold in japan alone. 



Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
spemanig said:

Not unless you're already friends with them on Facebook or Twitter. That's not gonna go over well here.

Nintendo has and always will be very strict and careful about things like this because they don't want people luring kids into bed, or worse. I honestly think they'd rather jump on their sword and go out of business before going the rout of "anything goes" online interactivity. 

Leave it to you guys to find it as a negative for Nintendo allowing users of the app the ability to add friends by the 2 most popular social apps in the world! I don't get the logic here. Nintendo isn't handcuffing anyone in this situation, most people aren't real friends with people they follow on Twitter. People who have demonstrated themail app already state that it's not monitored, censored or anything like that and users can do or say what they feel. So once again, how does Nintendo get such negative comments for a brand new social app that has every chance to grow and update it's features. Oh yeah and it's free, so let's complain about that now to.



Thats incredible news!And quite fast actually.What I would like to know is if thats the number of people that signed up to My Nintendo, or it is of people that is actively using Miitomo?Guess is the latter.In any case, eventual problems with the app, like friend searching, should be easily fixable, and I jope they do that before releasing here.



carlos3189 said:
Am I the only one that gets the 100 million in 3 days when translated with Google? Is it really 100 million already?

saw it too, via google translate right?

i know japan normally uses 100 upfront with then kanji character which would translate 1M not 100M.  I maybe wrong though. 



Ck1x said:
elektranine said:
How is this a big deal?
Android sales number in the billions each year.
Even counting only japan that would be 200+ million devices.
Most popular apps do way better than just a million installs.

This is the response exactly that I expect from most people on the Internet! Nintendo can be swimming in billions of dollars in profits by next year and people like you will suggest, ahh it's no big deal... such a classic, never change 

In 2016 over 1.5 billion are expected to be sold. In total over 3.7 billion andriod devices have been sold since 2013 alone. Android is literally so huge that Windows is no longer the #1 OS is use worldwide.

I was just stating the facts and there is no grand scheme to hate on Nintendo like you seem to believe. Their numbers are not bad they are just not as good as expected when compared to other big app publishers such as king and others.



Ck1x said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Nintendo has and always will be very strict and careful about things like this because they don't want people luring kids into bed, or worse. I honestly think they'd rather jump on their sword and go out of business before going the rout of "anything goes" online interactivity. 

Leave it to you guys to find it as a negative for Nintendo allowing users of the app the ability to add friends by the 2 most popular social apps in the world! I don't get the logic here. Nintendo isn't handcuffing anyone in this situation, most people aren't real friends with people they follow on Twitter. People who have demonstrated themail app already state that it's not monitored, censored or anything like that and users can do or say what they feel. So once again, how does Nintendo get such negative comments for a brand new social app that has every chance to grow and update it's features. Oh yeah and it's free, so let's complain about that now to.

As far as I'm aware you actually can add friends manually just by using their Nintendo ID. The twitter and facebook tthing is just more convinient and automatic for most people. You get automatic notifications if you happen to be facebooks friends or mutual Twitter followers, but you can still use Nintendo ID.