Quantcast
Does 343 need better writers?

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does 343 need better writers?

MS needs to get back whoever did Halo 4 and get them on Halo 6.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
MS needs to get back whoever did Halo 4 and get them on Halo 6.

Yeah, Chris is a much better writer than Brian. Unfortunately for Halo, Chris has moved to Bungie to try and give Destiny 2 an actual story now that he's finished with Mass Effect Andromeda's story. Microsoft needs to just put Halo 1-3 and Halo novel writer Joseph Staten in charge of Halo 6's writing team, best option they have available to them at this point, since he's with Microsoft again now as senior creative director. 



HylianYoshi said:
343 needs better everything.

Not multiplayer designers. Some of the best in the industry. 



Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Nothing wrong with the writing of Halo 5, the point with Halo 5 was it was chopped up into 3 different parts. A trilogy which means that Halo 5 had to lead up to what's next. The story has already been written awhile ago and if you have finished Halo 5 on Legendary you will be excited with Halo 6. There's much more to come in the Halo Universe. Even though Halo 5 didn't live up to expectations from the adds, it still has one of the better stories for a FPS game.

hudsoniscool said:
HylianYoshi said:
343 needs better everything.

Not multiplayer designers. Some of the best in the industry. 

Unfortunately 3 of them recently left to start a new studio together.



Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Nothing wrong with the writing of Halo 5, the point with Halo 5 was it was chopped up into 3 different parts. A trilogy which means that Halo 5 had to lead up to what's next. The story has already been written awhile ago and if you have finished Halo 5 on Legendary you will be excited with Halo 6. There's much more to come in the Halo Universe. Even though Halo 5 didn't live up to expectations from the adds, it still has one of the better stories for a FPS game.

                                My problem with the ending in particular is that it does not satisfy me it sort off ends with a "In the next episode of the walking dead" without satisfying me or concluding something relevant to the story arc,in Halo 4 Master chief mission was returning to civilization for better or for worse he completed that mission in Halo 2 while having a similar ending problem to this one it completed the whole Arbiter story and the covies civil war. I dont get that in Halo 5 its just like a massive episode one of something with the majority of its content being filler aka Locke segments.



Halo 5 promised something different. Started off great, but just went downhill from the 3rd or so mission. The campaign, mission design and story were all bad. So yes, new writer, campaign lead and less interference from MS is needed.

Azzanation said:
Nothing wrong with the writing of Halo 5, the point with Halo 5 was it was chopped up into 3 different parts. A trilogy which means that Halo 5 had to lead up to what's next. The story has already been written awhile ago and if you have finished Halo 5 on Legendary you will be excited with Halo 6. There's much more to come in the Halo Universe. Even though Halo 5 didn't live up to expectations from the adds, it still has one of the better stories for a FPS game.

This I agree on alot.

Halo 5 is one of the best stories in gaming.

Its alot like Episode 5 of Star Wars. Without 6 it leaves alot tobe desired storywise. I believe when Halo 6 comes out it will flesh out 5. Halo 5 is the middle of a trilogy, and has not been afraid to turn existing loved characters into other things.

Its just 4 was so good on its own, which is why 5 feels a little disjointed without 6. Same way 2 wasnt liked until after 3 released.



shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:

Not multiplayer designers. Some of the best in the industry. 

Unfortunately 3 of them recently left to start a new studio together.

This happens all the time. With every studio



TheMessiah said:
shikamaru317 said:

Unfortunately 3 of them recently left to start a new studio together.

This happens all the time. With every studio

Thing is, they were 3 of the main people responsible for making Halo 5's MP so good, multiplayer design director, lead multiplayer producer, and lead arena engineer. Definitely worrying for Halo 6, hopefully 343 can find good replacements.