As most 3DS owners are aware, the Virtual Console on the 3DS has not been well supported in quite a while. By that, I mean it's been almost a full year since we got anything new (the Donkey Kong Land Trilogy was released February 26, 2015).So it's clear that for now at least, Nintendo is not too invested in this service, save for re-releasing the G1 Pokemon games.
Still, maybe there's hope. The fact that the Virtual Console Pokemon games support the link cable compatibility suggests that Nintendo might focus on another wave of retro multiplayer games. And even if there isn't, I think it would be good to establish which specific titles the Virtual Console failed to deliver.
Please focus on the platforms already supported on the 3DS Virtual Console (the Game Boy, GBC, NES, and Game Gear). SNES games on the go would be nice, but consider that SNES games aklready have appeared on the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console, while the 3DS is still the only home for 3 of those 4 systems.
- Dragon Warrior Monsters - RPG goodness is appreciated.
- Final Fantasy Adventure - Because the Mana series is mostly forgotten by now.
- Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - This would be nice later in the year or early next year, once Red/Blue/Yellow has worn out its welcome.
- Sonic Chaos - This one has rocket shoes.
- Tetris Attack - One of the many great Puzzle games on the Game Boy
- Yoshi's Cookie - One of the many great Puzzle games on the Game Boy
Love and tolerate.