Quantcast
The official English Premier League thread

Forums - General Discussion - The official English Premier League thread

After tonight' games

Man Utd with 73 pts, Chelsea 68, Arsenal 67, and each team have 7 games to go.

 

Can we say that Arsenal' title hope is over? They dropped 11 pts in 5 games since Eduardo broke his leg

if you include FA cup and Champions League, they had only one win in the last eight games  

 

Apart from Bolton, Reading, Derby & Sunerland, they still need to play Liverpool & Everton at home, and have an away game at Old Trafford. 

Even Man Utd lose 6 points in the remaining games, they will still finished above Arsenal still, thanks to the goal difference( +49 vs +35).

 

Comparaing to Arsenal, Chelsea got a much better chance.

The toughest game ahead is Home game against Man Utd, the last time they lost a league game in Stamford Bridge is 1878? They may lose points at Goodison Park too, but i think they can finished with 85 or 86 points.

 

For Man Utd, it's easy. All they need to do is pick up one single point againt Arsenal & Chelsea, and they will repeat. The rest of the opponents are toothless, Aston Villa(Home), Middlesbrough, Blackburn, West Ham(Home), Wigan. 

 



Around the Network

In the relegation battle

Derby is relegated before the season begins, but which 2 teams will go down with them?

Among 6 teams in the danger zone, i think Birmingham is in the best position, two Merseyside teams are the toughest opponents(both at home), and they have the -13 goal difference, which is respectable.

Sunderland and Reading will likely stay in the EPL too, apart from Arsenal, every games remaining are winnable.

Fulham need some miracles to stay at the EPL

Wigan is at #14, but Latics and Bolton are at deep shit, both got 5 tough games ahead. But Wigan got 5 more points than Bolton now, i dont see how Bolton avoid the Relegation (I like Bolton), last week they were playing in the UEFA cup, next season we will see them play against Blackpool

Wigan
======
Chelsea
Man Utd
Portsmouth
Tottenham
Aston Villa


Bolton
======
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
West Ham
Villa






I want to see Fulham stay. I'm American so sue me.



I see Bolton and Fulham going down. I see Arsenal's title challenge as over. As long as United beat Villa, middlesborough, Wigan, West Ham and Blackburn and avoid defeat to Arsenal then they will win it for 10th time.



Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Glory Glory Man United



Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network
stclam said:

After tonight' games

Man Utd with 73 pts, Chelsea 68, Arsenal 67, and each team have 7 games to go.

 

Can we say that Arsenal' title hope is over? They dropped 11 pts in 5 games since Eduardo broke his leg

if you include FA cup and Champions League, they had only one win in the last eight games  

 

Apart from Bolton, Reading, Derby & Sunerland, they still need to play Liverpool & Everton at home, and have an away game at Old Trafford. 

Even Man Utd lose 6 points in the remaining games, they will still finished above Arsenal still, thanks to the goal difference( +49 vs +35).

 

Comparaing to Arsenal, Chelsea got a much better chance.

The toughest game ahead is Home game against Man Utd, the last time they lost a league game in Stamford Bridge is 1878? They may lose points at Goodison Park too, but i think they can finished with 85 or 86 points.

 

For Man Utd, it's easy. All they need to do is pick up one single point againt Arsenal & Chelsea, and they will repeat. The rest of the opponents are toothless, Aston Villa(Home), Middlesbrough, Blackburn, West Ham(Home), Wigan. 

 

Blackburn and West Ham aren't toothless, think Man U will beat West Ham but Blackburn are on a helluva roll recently -think that may be a stumbling block. 

 



 


I think the only stumbling blocks are Chelsea and Arsenal



Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Me said:
 
Blackburn and West Ham aren't toothless, think Man U will beat West Ham but Blackburn are on a helluva roll recently -think that may be a stumbling block.

 

 at this stage, teams like West Ham has nothing to fight for, usually they will be lack of motivation, once they lose the first goal, they will easily give up 3 pts. but for some unknown reasons, Man Utd often loses to West Ham at April or May, i believe that it happened twice or three times in recent years.

 



omgz i h8 you. i was gunna post a thread like this. lol jks

anyways. man utd lead by 5 points. and chelsea has a bad habit for dropping crucial points, so man utd will win the title.

i dont see how arsenal can come back. man utd will smash them come april.

derby is getting relegated and so is fulham.



CaptainPrefrences said:
omgz i h8 you. i was gunna post a thread like this. lol jks

anyways. man utd lead by 5 points. and chelsea has a bad habit for dropping crucial points, so man utd will win the title.

i dont see how arsenal can come back. man utd will smash them come april.

derby is getting relegated and so is fulham.

 as is Bolton - although Birmingham look pretty bad in recent weeks with only a point against us (Newcastle) to show for their spoil.  Still think Mcleish will do a good job but he's struggled with the pace of the Prem compared to SPL so far.