Quantcast
Is "heavy metal, like" designed as a platform for singers who aren't exactly..."good"?

Forums - Music Discussion - Is "heavy metal, like" designed as a platform for singers who aren't exactly..."good"?

Is heavy metal designed as a platform for singers who aren't exactly..."good"?

Yes. 25 14.97%
 
No. 126 75.45%
 
See results. 16 9.58%
 
Total:167

Not at all. Plenty of metal singers have beautiful voices. Look at what Judas Priest lead singer can do. One of my child hood friends started singing when we were like 12, he's in a metal band now and that's sort of his niche but the kid has pipes dude. ALl music is just a form of expression. You have bad singers across all genres



Around the Network
Baryonyx said:

There are over 80 different sub-genres of Metal.

Despite this being a massive insult to metal fans, i understand the power of ignorance is not to be under-estimated. 

 

Educate yourself on a topic instead of stealth-trolling the fanbase behind it. 

 

Linkin park and radiohead is not metal, it's rock....

 

I don't need to prove shit to people who doesn't even do their own research before asking others to do it for them. Metal is doing fine without you

There's nothing wrong with correcting people when they make mistakes, but please refrain from claiming things like that they're stealth-trolling or that they're ignorant.



So much lol in this thread. When i think metal i think Lamb of God, Opeth, Meshuggah not limp dipstick.



There is operatic metal such as Nightwish which has vocals I'd put against any other genre.



Is EDM designed for people who don't know how to write music themselves? Do they just grab loops and popular sounds, and put them to the same, predictable, boring 4/4 tempo, just because it is way easier than actually learning music theory, or to play a real instrument?



Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
Not at all. Plenty of metal singers have beautiful voices. Look at what Judas Priest lead singer can do. One of my child hood friends started singing when we were like 12, he's in a metal band now and that's sort of his niche but the kid has pipes dude. ALl music is just a form of expression. You have bad singers across all genres

Rob Halford



Semmie said:
Baryonyx said:

There are over 80 different sub-genres of Metal.

Despite this being a massive insult to metal fans, i understand the power of ignorance is not to be under-estimated. 

 

Educate yourself on a topic instead of stealth-trolling the fanbase behind it. 

 

Linkin park and radiohead is not metal, it's rock....

 

I don't need to prove shit to people who doesn't even do their own research before asking others to do it for them. Metal is doing fine without you

 

Baryonyx said:

There are over 80 different sub-genres of Metal.

Despite this being a massive insult to metal fans, i understand the power of ignorance is not to be under-estimated. 

 

Educate yourself on a topic instead of stealth-trolling the fanbase behind it. 

 

Linkin park and radiohead is not metal, it's rock....

 

I don't need to prove shit to people who doesn't even do their own research before asking others to do it for them. Metal is doing fine without you

U feel offended way to easy. Music is a matter of taste. I like sepultura and clawfinger. But ye gotta admit some of them scream. And u know thar aint plesant. And it doesnt give the impression of someone talented. 

 

Celtic frost scream as well. But they got thar skill of how to scream. And they can sing as well so. 

 

Metal is a good genre. But there is a lot of diarhea inthe biz. 

More ignorance? There are so many genres that doesn't scream vs the genres which they do not scream, that the entire bases around metal should not be famous for their growl's and scream's. Also the best way to actually tell a person is to actually be up-front about it.  You brought up scream as an argument to describe metal, which simply tells me you don't have a clue except from the few bands that you like. 

I am not *offended*.. I am exasperated over people who dedicate a entire thread on VGchartz which is about Gaming in general to complain over Screamo, which isn't even metal in the true sense of the genre metal, it leans more towards the evolutionary tree of hardcore punk in the late 90s and early 2000, which to me seem to be a unnecessary trolling, simply because the conversation could have been more relevant else-where. Also, Linkin park isn't metal, so why the fuck do he say he likes a few metal bands such as linkin park. If someone is so damn uinformend, i am glad he doesn't like it enough to be a part of something great, which isn't even controlled by corporations or any other poisones degrading form of capitalism, it's a community based community for the people who understand it and have the decensy to check-the-fact's before speaking out about things he *believes* that he know about, that is a good lesson in life. I don't go around speakling about other sources of music in any bad manner at all unless if i actually know what i talk about, i don't see a reason to do that!

Metal have been around since the 70s, there are over 80 sub-genres of Metal and metal is a sub-genre of Rock which got around 200 sub-genres. 
So basically it's quite wrong to narrow Metal down to Screams and growls which basically is as many genres as you can count on 1-2 hands.



 

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Baryonyx said:
Semmie said:

 

U feel offended way to easy. Music is a matter of taste. I like sepultura and clawfinger. But ye gotta admit some of them scream. And u know thar aint plesant. And it doesnt give the impression of someone talented. 

 

Celtic frost scream as well. But they got thar skill of how to scream. And they can sing as well so. 

 

Metal is a good genre. But there is a lot of diarhea inthe biz. 

More ignorance? There are so many genres that doesn't scream vs the genres which they do not scream, that the entire bases around metal should not be famous for their growl's and scream's. Also the best way to actually tell a person is to actually be up-front about it.  You brought up scream as an argument to describe metal, which simply tells me you don't have a clue except from the few bands that you like. 

I am not *offended*.. I am exasperated over people who dedicate a entire thread on VGchartz which is about Gaming in general to complain over Screamo, which isn't even metal in the true sense of the genre metal, it leans more towards the evolutionary tree of hardcore punk in the late 90s and early 2000, which to me seem to be a unnecessary trolling, simply because the conversation could have been more relevant else-where. Also, Linkin park isn't metal, so why the fuck do he say he likes a few metal bands such as linkin park. If someone is so damn uinformend, i am glad he doesn't like it enough to be a part of something great, which isn't even controlled by corporations or any other poisones degrading form of capitalism, it's a community based community for the people who understand it and have the decensy to check-the-fact's before speaking out about things he *believes* that he know about, that is a good lesson in life. I don't go around speakling about other sources of music in any bad manner at all unless if i actually know what i talk about, i don't see a reason to do that!

Metal have been around since the 70s, there are over 80 sub-genres of Metal and metal is a sub-genre of Rock which got around 200 sub-genres. 
So basically it's quite wrong to narrow Metal down to Screams and growls which basically is as many genres as you can count on 1-2 hands.

 

U only confirm what i said. U r easily offended. Ive been listening this stuff since the early 80's stuff. Im not really making heavy metal a religion or dogma. Im listening to it and i actually really like it. Steve vai is good. Not only do i listen heavy metal but the guitar is a great tool in other music genres as well. 

 

U got indie games right? And how many of them r really great? Thats the point i wanna prove to u but u seem overly offended. The heavy metal genre is good and should be there. But there are plenty diarhea basement growl and screamers and punk rock basement fails that happen to be in the commercial market zone. I find it hard to believe that u like aaaaaaall metal. 

 

Im not provoking u. Just making a point so that u hopefully understand me. Calling me ignorant could be felt as an insult but u know im cool with u. I really am. Just chill bro. I aint even mad

 

Its music. And its a choice of what u like wether it be bread with cheese or a cucumber. Live and let live. 



Baryonyx said:

There are over 80 different sub-genres of Metal.

Despite this being a massive insult to metal fans, i understand the power of ignorance is not to be under-estimated. 

 

Educate yourself on a topic instead of stealth-trolling the fanbase behind it. 

 

Linkin park and radiohead is not metal, it's rock....

 

I don't need to prove shit to people who doesn't even do their own research before asking others to do it for them. Metal is doing fine without you

 

But seriously though, I don't know much about metal but I know Avenge Sevenfold and from the couple songs i've heard from them its clear it require actual singing talent.



No.