Quantcast
Nintendo is Like Apple and Sony is Like Microsoft

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is Like Apple and Sony is Like Microsoft

In gaming, do you believe Nintendo and Sony parallel Apple and Microsoft in the PC business?

Yes 34 15.81%
 
No 154 71.63%
 
Somewhat 27 12.56%
 
Total:215
FunFan said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Huh? They obviously didn't directly copy their music division. Each division was providing completely different products. They were simply inspired by the business philosophy of the music division and adapted it in their own way to make it work for gaming. Your last sentence shows me you're not interested in an actual conversation and are just interested in engaging in childish console war nonsense (and doing a pretty poor job of it since you can't manage to back up your claims). If you have actual evidence, provide it. Otherwise I'm not interested.

Believe what you want to. Whatever it takes to make you happy. I'm not going to lose time explaining the obvious.

You had no problem wasting time making baseless claims in several posts, yet when I ask for you to actually back it up you're suddenly too busy? What a coincidence! 



Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Sprash said:

My advice: Don't bother with him let him be let him be let him be.

Was this intentional?

Yes, the time I wrote that comment this phrase was in my head (like a "earworm" or in my language Ohrwurm) I don't know why, but I thought sure why not.



DucksUnlimited said:
FunFan said:

Believe what you want to. Whatever it takes to make you happy. I'm not going to lose time explaining the obvious.

You had no problem wasting time making baseless claims in several posts, yet when I ask for you to actually back it up you're suddenly too busy? What a coincidence! 

No, I'm not busy. I simply decided to move on, the moment this conversation stopped being about Sony and became about me.



“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
DucksUnlimited said:

You had no problem wasting time making baseless claims in several posts, yet when I ask for you to actually back it up you're suddenly too busy? What a coincidence!

No, I'm not busy. I simply decided to move on, the moment this conversation stopped being about Sony and became about me.

So now you aren't concerned about wasting time after all? It seems like you can't even decide why you don't want to continue the conversation. Good luck with your internal conflict I suppose.



FunFan said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Actually, the Playstation division was initially modeled around Sony's music division. I'd really love to hear your explanation on the Xbox thing

The PlayStation 4 is an Xbox under a different brand. It has more in common with the original Xbox than with the PlayStation 1 or 2. Also, SONY can model their division in the shape of a donut, It still doesn't change the fact Nintendo has always been their biggest source for inspiration.

Is that you, Kitty? Did you make an alt to avoid posting with the PlayStation sig?



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
FunFan said:

The PlayStation 4 is an Xbox under a different brand. It has more in common with the original Xbox than with the PlayStation 1 or 2. Also, SONY can model their division in the shape of a donut, It still doesn't change the fact Nintendo has always been their biggest source for inspiration.

Is that you, Kitty? Did you make an alt to avoid posting with the PlayStation sig?

Hmmm.....

* does a quick check *



                                                                                                                                            

Azuren said:

Is that you, Kitty? Did you make an alt to avoid posting with the PlayStation sig?

Nope. I just liked his posts. And I'm dissapointed he is gone. Same thing for the tachikoma.



“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Azuren said:

Is that you, Kitty? Did you make an alt to avoid posting with the PlayStation sig?

Nope. I just liked his posts. And I'm dissapointed he is gone. Same thing for the tachikoma.

Still very strange to have his avatar in your sig.



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames



In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

JRPGfan said:

no.

Sony is like apple. In terms of presentations, simplisity & design.

 

Sony has this guy:

 

He reminds me abit of Steve Jobs.

He has fantastic presence when he talks, and he can make things that seem complex really easy to understand.

Hes a superstar and a genius.

Well worth watching. He kept the presentation simple and yet if he was speaking to colleages or scientists he would be just as comfortable speaking to them at their level of understanding. This is how a professional should convey inforation to their target audience.  

There are other interviews which I will look at later.

Thanks for that.