Quantcast
Anyone know much about Food Poisoning?

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone know much about Food Poisoning?

theprof00 said:
Your symptoms sound way too tolerable to be food poisoning.
Sounds more like you have a stomach bug.

stomache flu accounts for every single symptom you mentioned.

I had the stomach flu last summer, or as I like to call it the Stomach virus as it has nothing to do with influenza. That involved puking, and literal inability to do anything for a day then it was gone instantly, and extremely contagious.

 

I know for a fact I undercooked some pork though. Most symptoms for me are minor in any sickness that I get. I have not had a flu or cold in over two years, and they usually only last a few days at most.



Around the Network
Farsala said:
hsrob said:
I'm a doctor and all I can say confidently from the above information is that you aren't qualified to diagnose yourself.

Do yourself a favour and get checked out by an actual doctor. Google doesn't actually replaced 7 years of university education.

I got nothing against doctors, I am just poor :(. The thing is the doctor cannot always be there, they don't know whats happening to my body 24/7. I can be wrong, but so can doctors, they aren't perfect. I like to use logic and my general feeling about these things.

 

For example here is a full rundown: All of a sudden yesterday at about 10am I had gotten my first symptom Watery Stool. I was not out of breath or anything else. But after 3 times of Watery stool by 1pm I couldn't breathe as well. So I went to class anyways thinking it was minor, struggled through class and then the 4th and last instance of Watery Stool. Was so out of breath had to take a 5 min break every now and then. Now notice something in those 4+ hours, I had watery stool 4 times, and did not drink a single drop of fluid. My muscles ached pretty bad too. During this time I had such extreme thirst. So I get home drink a glass of a watery liquid then sleep for 4 hours. Get up still feel really tired, drink another glass. Then an hour later drink yet another glass of liquid. Sleep for 4 hours again. Wake up and I am no longer winded from walking. All symptoms gone, other then minor feeling of sick.

 

From that I conclude I got food poisoning, which then lead to dehydration, which leads to less oxygen in my blood. Less oxygen in your blood as far as I know leads to muscle weakness and makes it harder to breathe.

I overreacted thinking it was Botulism, but botulism seems to have much more severe symptoms.

sounds like you had a mild diarrhea and dehydration from not drinking enough

botulism from undercooked meat is extremely rare (has to be an enormous piece of meat), as Botuli bacteria die from oxygene and lose out when in competition with other bacteria/fungi - improperly canned food (home-made) is a more likely source and even that is very very rare these days



All I can say, is you do not have food poisoning, you do not have botulism, or a blood clot.

Not to be mean, but people today are so soft.
When you get food poisoning, you'll know.

I've had it twice.
In bed, severe body aches, difficulty breathing, room spinning, body feels like it's on fire, constant vomitting even when there's nothing left inside. Bile production (you know how gross bile tastes? It's like liquid hot metal mixed with urine).

You have either a cold, a flu, or a stomach bug, or simply a bad reaction.
OR, your body couldn't process the food, decided it was not worth digesting, pumped it all out and left you with severe dehydration. Also, you're stress is probably playing a large role here.



Undercooked pork usually isn't a reason for food poisoning. Now if it was chicken, you'd certainly have a problem with that.

I had food poisoning once due to eating really old pork. Dunno why I did that.
Basically the next day I couldn't stop vomiting until a relative finally brought me some medicine.



theprof00 said:
OneKartVita said:
I had food poisoning when I was 16. On my holidays, got chicken in a restaurant and it was under cooked. 2 hours later I was on a golf course with my cousin. We were on the 3Rd whole when my vision started going blurry. I felt 100% fine but I couldn't fucking focus. It was freaky. So I make it to the 5th and I tell my cousin I'm not feeling well and we head in.

I call my mother and I get a lift. By now my stomach is aching pretty bad and my vision is fucked. So I go to bed. I woke up an hour later and puked for 30mins. Went back to sleep and when I woke up 4 hours later I felt drained but better.

The next day I was fine. I took no medicine or anything. So you'll probably be ok but if you want my advice get to the hospital. I'm not giving you advice to stay because what if something bad happens.

This also does not sound like food poisoning. This sounds like heat exhaustion combined with a migraine, possibly even carbon monoxide poisoning.

No the chicken was red as fuck and it wasn't hot.  I also wasn't tired.  



Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
theprof00 said:

This also does not sound like food poisoning. This sounds like heat exhaustion combined with a migraine, possibly even carbon monoxide poisoning.

No the chicken was red as fuck and it wasn't hot.  I also wasn't tired.  

My only problem is that this only last 6-8 hours with no treatment other than rest.
To me, that doesn't say food poisoning. 

There are a whole assortment of other reasons for vomitting other than food poisoning. 
I once had a caffeine crystal (kind of like a kidney stone). I had all the same symptoms you mentioned.

Also, just the other day I had the same problem. Room was spinning, couldn't focus, everything seemed glossy, stomach hurt, threw up.
It was because I accidentally took double my prescription med.

Food Poisoning is generally a three day rule. In fact, when I was a kid, food poisoning was like the very best thing you could come up with to get out of school because parents knew it was generally a three day thing.



Update: Feeling much better now. As I said if I got worse or stayed the same I would have walked to the hospital. But today I am feeling 98%. Took an exam without a problem. "Bad reaction" to the food and then dehydration appears to be the culprit. Live and Learn. Thread can be closed.



Farsala said:
Update: Feeling much better now. As I said if I got worse or stayed the same I would have walked to the hospital. But today I am feeling 98%. Took an exam without a problem. "Bad reaction" to the food and then dehydration appears to be the culprit. Live and Learn. Thread can be closed.

Happy for you dude!

To be honest, I eat pretty much everything. I'm pretty sure I have some allergies, or bad ecosystem for digestion. I notice that milk sometimes is involved in such cases. But I'm not 100% sure because sometimes it doesn't affect me at all.

Truth be told, sometimes our bodies just don't like what's put in them, even if there's no problem with the food.

And you know the saying, "stress is a killer". It's so true man. A person who worries too much about something can trigger physiological responses without an actual culprit. :D 



theprof00 said:
OneKartVita said:

No the chicken was red as fuck and it wasn't hot.  I also wasn't tired.  

My only problem is that this only last 6-8 hours with no treatment other than rest.
To me, that doesn't say food poisoning. 

There are a whole assortment of other reasons for vomitting other than food poisoning. 
I once had a caffeine crystal (kind of like a kidney stone). I had all the same symptoms you mentioned.

Also, just the other day I had the same problem. Room was spinning, couldn't focus, everything seemed glossy, stomach hurt, threw up.
It was because I accidentally took double my prescription med.

Food Poisoning is generally a three day rule. In fact, when I was a kid, food poisoning was like the very best thing you could come up with to get out of school because parents knew it was generally a three day thing.

there are a million of different kinds of "food poisoning", it's a very broad term



Farsala said:
StarOcean said:
Can you call an ambulance? Or have you called the local poison control center? I'd call the poison control center immediately if I were you

Ambulance is too expensive for me right now even with healthcare. If it is as low as $20 fee, would be a huge impact. But I am sure it is more.

 

As for Poison control center I might consider that, Problem is I feel no symptoms until I move around. If it is as severe as Botulism, I might need proper proof since I ate from government unexpired cans.

Whoa, I completely forget that other countries have to pay for things like this, I guess people in th UK really take free health care for granted. I work in a dangerous industry and have been hospitalised 5-6 times at work, I'd of been gutted if I had to pay for that.



PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website