I'm on my phone so apologies for how short this is.
AMD released their 4th quarter earnings today. Here are the main takeaways for their Semi Custom SoC segment.
- AMD report that 2015 saw their highest semi custom SoC sales ever recorded. (Chips for PS4 & XB1 etc...)
- AMD says that they expect 2016 console sales to be higher than 2015.
- AMD says that PS4 & XB1 combined units were up in 2015 over 2014.
- They expect PS4 & XB1 unit growth in 2016 with further ASP decline.
- AMD says that PS4 + XB1 is 'around' 20m ahead of where 360/PS3 was in the same timeframe. (58m????)
- AMD says that sub $300 pricing will drive sales.
- AMD re confirm that they expect a big semi-custom win to start shipping in the second half of 2016 (NX?)