Quantcast
Locked: the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

Conina said:
 
PerturbedKitty said:

The only chartz that you posted that are of any relevance is the money chartz because that is what my post was about. everybody knows that nintendo was in the red for the first time in HISTORY at the beginning of the generation. youre not educating anybody, here. their four years of going through a rough patch isnt going to be the end of them. yeah, it fucking sucks, but as i stated before, theyre going to be just fine. they are profitting off the wii u, were you trying to refute that point? theyre making money off of every console sold. the bigger point is that nobody is as good at making money off this industry as nintendo.

You wrote "nintendo is ALWAYS going to make a profit off of every generation." But they don't profit of this generation (as I have shown) yet and I doubt it will still happen this or next year. Your calculation "price of the console minus production costs = profit" is a bit too simple and ignores a lot of additional costs besides BOM.

 

 

 

 

Actually if look bottom of line and Net Income, Nintendo is making profit. For this fiscal year (year they will end on 31. March) Nintendo will have similar Net Income like previous year, so definitely Nintendo is making profit even this gen.





Around the Network
PerturbedKitty said:

The only chartz that you posted that are of any relevance is the money chartz because that is what my post was about. everybody knows that nintendo was in the red for the first time in HISTORY at the beginning of the generation. youre not educating anybody, here. their four years of going through a rough patch isnt going to be the end of them. yeah, it ... sucks, but as i stated before, theyre going to be just fine. they are profitting off the wii u, were you trying to refute that point? theyre making money off of every console sold. the bigger point is that nobody is as good at making money off this industry as nintendo. they are 100% self sustaining. they have proven that to be true over the past two decades. 



I really think the reason why Nintendo has been somewhat profitable for the past 2 years has been partly because of the undervalued Yen and partly because of the 3DS.  Don't get me wrong, the Wii U has definitely been selling better since it's big titles started hitting in 2014, but Mario Kart and Splatoon could have been 10+ million sellers had they released on a console with an install base like the N64.  The Wii U is also missing out on the licensing fees from 3rd party developers, which are non-existent on the Wii U.

I can't prove this statement, but I really think if we knew the total dollars that Nintendo has inputted into the Wii U over it's lifetime versus earnings obtained, the ratio would be worse then what the Gamecube delivered (and Nintendo had gone on record saying that the Gamecube was a failure for them).





Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Doesn't anyone read here?

If for some reason the next contoller can't play all wii u games, at least the non gamepad focused will be playable.

Would be stupid to port a game that's already there. People who want to play Zelda U on the wii u successor can simply buy the wii u game either phisically or digitally, no need for an extra controller, like TP gamecube.



It seem you don't read here.

How you know that!? On Wii you needed GC controller for evre GC game, on Wii U you needed Wii controller for evre Wii game. You totally ignoring those facts.

Again you are assuming that NX will be BC but that is not certain at all. Also NX version will probably have some improvements or difference in comparison with Wii U version.

Check the difference in imputs between wiimote + nunchuck and other controllers. Now, what kind of imput the gamepad has that you think won't be there on wii u successor and is essencial for Zelda U? So far, I see nothing.





Wyrdness said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Doesn't anyone read here? If for some reason the next contoller can't play all wii u games, at least the non gamepad focused will be playable. Would be stupid to port a game that's already there. People who want to play Zelda U on the wii u successor can simply buy the wii u game either phisically or digitally, no need for an extra controller, like TP gamecube.



 


You're kind of missing their point, Nintendo can always do that yes and likely will if Wii U has BC but an NX version seems more likely as like with TP it can be marketed more as an NX game to drive up sales of the latter. Being possibly the biggest and most expensive game the company has created they would more then likely want it to hit as many sales as possible and NX taking off is more important to Nintendo then how many copies it shifts on Wii U, if you have a Wii U now it's very likely you're getting Zelda regardless, an NX port would be more geared to people who don't have a Wii U and these are people who wouldn't want to buy any peripheral to play it if it was required.

Or they can just market the game intead of wasting their money on a port. oh, stop saying NX when you don't know what it is. If you want to talk about wii u successor, say exactly that, not NX.





Thunderbird77 said:

Or they can just market the game intead of wasting their money on a port. oh, stop saying NX when you don't know what it is. If you want to talk about wii u successor, say exactly that, not NX.



 

I'll say NX even if you lose sleep over it, prove to me it isn't a Wii U successor until then you'll have to swallow it, as for the port the money spent making a port is small chips compared to what they can make helping NX take off.



Around the Network

I'm not even sure why people want Wii U to last through 2017 when the final year of the last Gamecube and Wii were so terrible.

What good is another year when it would be even more barren than this one?



I'm not completely sure either way but I certainly want a new HH or console this year. Preferably both but would settle for either I guess.

If neither are replaced this year, I'll be quite disappointed.



[] [] [] {} [] 

Wyrdness said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Or they can just market the game intead of wasting their money on a port. oh, stop saying NX when you don't know what it is. If you want to talk about wii u successor, say exactly that, not NX.



 

I'll say NX even if you lose sleep over it, prove to me it isn't a Wii U successor until then you'll have to swallow it, as for the port the money spent making a port is small chips compared to what they can make helping NX take off.

Calling the nx a wii u successor is meaningless when the thing hasn't been announced. Nintendo would get 0 dollars from porting Zelda U to the wii u successor, because no extra person will buy the game.





curl-6 said:

I'm not even sure why people want Wii U to last through 2017 when the final year of the last Gamecube and Wii were so terrible.

What good is another year when it would be even more barren than this one?

 


So instead of asking nintendo to give you guys more games to play in the last two years of their consoles' life, many of you want the console life to end a year sooner. That makes a lot of sense.



Aeolus451 said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not even sure why people want Wii U to last through 2017 when the final year of the last Gamecube and Wii were so terrible.

What good is another year when it would be even more barren than this one?

So instead of asking nintendo to give you guys more games to play in the last two years of their consoles' life, many of you want the console life to end a year sooner. That makes a lot of sense.

Of course I'd rather they supported the console I own for a further 2 years, but I have accepted the reality that this isn't going to happen.