Quantcast
2007 was the best xbox line up ever.

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2007 was the best xbox line up ever.

AEGRO said:


So you are saying that the "Best Line-up ever" PR is bullshit?

Not saying anything about that PR speech, I was referring to users relying on Meta as an end all to be all both opinion and fact wise, it's been made super clear the stances people took on that PR article anyway.



                                       

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Jega said:

Never before has Gears of war, Fable, Halo, and Forza launched in the same time period and add tomb raider to that list. 5 big franchises in The same time period. That has never happened before in Xbox history. That is what Microsoft is saying. It truly is the greatest holiday line-up in Xbox history.

Has Xbox really never had 5 big franchises released in a year before? I find that hard to believe. That sounds like what PS2 would get on a good month. For example, in less than one month, between Oct 16 - Nov 12, 2001, PS2 got Metal Gear Solid 2, Grand Theft Auto 3, Devil May Cry, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Half-Life, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Tony Hawk was huge back then). That's six big franchises in less than a month.

But as for the games you mentioned, Gears is a collection of old games, and I heard the new Fable game is different from the main series. A free to play game. Plus it looks like it won't even be out this year.

I don't think Tony Hawk and Half-Life were exclusive. So in terms of just a bunch of big franchises in a month this past month had 7 on the XB1.

Fallout 4, Star Wars: Battlefront, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Halo 4, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Need for Speed, Rise of the Tomb Raider all came out between October 23 and November 17

If those two games were indeed exclusive, then the reason that doesn't happen anymore is simply that major third party exclusives are almost completely gone nowadays. Every single one of the franchises you mentioned has become a multiplatform franchise.



AEGRO said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
AEGRO said:

They lied because they announced THE BEST lineup in Xbox history before the game were received by the critics. Now that the lineup is already out and the reviews are in the wild, we can factually see that this wasnt THE best lineup ever. It was 2007.

This is a weak argument and assumes that whatever tops Metacritic is factually superior.

Factually, based on peoples opinions LOL.


Yes, people opinions. But what other way do we have to gauge the quality of a game? Let alone the quality of a years lineup?

Yeah, reviews.

Idk, by playing them? A novel concept, I know.

Furthermore, why so serious? It's PR.



LudicrousSpeed said:
OneKartVita said:
Jega said:
Even if it isn't the best. What is the problem?


I'm just disagreeing with their new PR line.  Started with 2015 is the best ever and now it's 2016 is the best ever.  

 

I think 2007 was better.  What's the problem with that? 

Well there is a difference between simply disagreeing (which implies there is opinion involved) and accusing them of lieing in your OP and wondering why there is no accountability (which implies this is a factual matter which can be quantifiably measured).

I mean, ok, you disagree. So where did they lie?

In my opinion they are lying. 



LudicrousSpeed said:
AEGRO said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
AEGRO said:

They lied because they announced THE BEST lineup in Xbox history before the game were received by the critics. Now that the lineup is already out and the reviews are in the wild, we can factually see that this wasnt THE best lineup ever. It was 2007.

This is a weak argument and assumes that whatever tops Metacritic is factually superior.

Factually, based on peoples opinions LOL.


Yes, people opinions. But what other way do we have to gauge the quality of a game? Let alone the quality of a years lineup?

Yeah, reviews.

Idk, by playing them? A novel concept, I know.

Furthermore, why so serious? It's PR.

If reviews werent relevant this things wouldnt happen:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/165900/Report_Obsidian_missed_Fallout_New_Vegas_bonus_by_one_Metacritic_point.php



Around the Network

Who said they aren't relevant?

"Don't use metacritic as an absolute source for a games quality" = reviews are irrelevant

The more you know.



Chazore said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
 

This is a weak argument and assumes that whatever tops Metacritic is factually superior.

Factually, based on peoples opinions LOL.

Some users on this site and die hards seem to soley rely on Metacritic scores alone to tell a good game and back up their opinions, it's pretty depressing.


I can my opinion either.  2007 had a great PGR.  This year had forza for the nth time.  I wonder what would be preferred this year.  A new PGR or a new forza?  PGR wins all day long.  

 

2007 had an epic halo vs this year's mediocre by series standards.  Halo 3 wins.  

 

2007 had the game of the year Bioshock which was an epic.  This year xbox had what,  old games re-released?  Bioshock wins.  

 

2007 had mass effect.  An epic rpg vs this year's fable legends thats not going to even release this year.  Mass effect wins.  

 

I don't actually believe you guys think this year is better than 2007 for the xbox.  That year was just so good.  This year was a bit meh.



mountaindewslave said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
So GAF is saying Bioshock is factually a better game than Last of Us? Ballsy.


Bioshock 1 is one of the best shooter / adventure games ever made. the atmosphere in that game is like nothing else


The ending boss was so fucking easy it ruined a otherwise perfect game IMO



LudicrousSpeed said:
Who said they aren't relevant?

"Don't use metacritic as an absolute source for a games quality" = reviews are irrelevant

The more you know.


As absolute as deciding the economic fate of a developer.

Developers dont get backdoor bonuses for Little Timmy's opinions.



AEGRO said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Who said they aren't relevant?

"Don't use metacritic as an absolute source for a games quality" = reviews are irrelevant

The more you know.


As absolute as deciding the economic fate of a developer.

Developers dont get backdoor bonuses for Little Timmy's opinions.

And do games get to the top of AEGRO's all time favorite list because IGN and Gamespot told him they should be there? I'm going to guess they don't, so I'm not sure why you're having such a hard time with this.