Quantcast
Is the xbone going to fall off a cliff?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the xbone going to fall off a cliff?

Will sales fall off a clif in the coming years?

Yes 391 49.56%
 
No 264 33.46%
 
Potato 134 16.98%
 
Total:789

MS is too big, too rich, with so many resources to let the Xbox One fall off a cliff.



Around the Network
OneKartVita said:

I see this as repeat of the N64 gen. Back then it sold well in America but bad elsewhere. Now you have the xbox selling well in the US but bad elsewhere.

Yeah, just like N64... except...

X1 will sell significantly more than N64 in both US and Europe. X1 could double N64's lifetime sales at this rate.
X1 shares significantly more titles with PS4 than N64 and PS1.
X1's hardware is very similar to PS4 making multiplats relatively easy, while all 5th gen platforms hardware differed greatly.
X1 uses discs and downloads to distribute games (cheap mediums), not expensive cartridges. Thus making support more affordable.
X1 has more support and will have significantly more games than N64 ever had.

But yeah, outside of those minor details. X1 is a total repeat of N64.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

No you are going to fall of a cliff



Sure... just like the PS3 fell off a cliff after its abysmal start last gen and getting trounced in sales by the Wii and 360 early on... oh wait.

The days of a single console dominating a gaming generation are long over. Those wishing for a repeat of the 6th gen where PlayStation gets all the big 3rd party releases all to themselves while Nintendo and M$ are left in the dust to duke it out over scraps for a distant 2nd are in for a rude awakening. Sony might be running away on their home turf in Europe and Japan, but despite the terrible pre-launch PR and $100 higher price point, the sales gap between the X1 and the PS4 in North America is less than a million. As long as the X1 keeps pace with the PS4 in its strongest region, it won't be going near any cliffs anytime soon.



On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Ali_16x said:
Snoopy said:
I find the PS4 list some people posting misleading. A lot of those games are not going to be released in 2016.


From what I've seen no one has posted any list. And yes, actually, most of the games are 2016, of the 35+ exclusives(not including indies) majority of them are 2016 except a few games like Detroit and WiLD.


And horizion and tlg...



Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
AsGryffynn said:


It is when you remember it overtook it when the gen was over, so it isn't that hard to believe...


Yes but it was slowly chopping away the lead little by little over the course of the generation, that is something that won't happen for XB1 because of its borderline irrelevance outside of the US/UK.

While unlikely, I wouldn't put it past MS to start chipping away at the sales, though it will be at a much slower rate and I doubt they will eventually overtake Sony.

Closing the gap is not impossible though. I am saying it since MS seems to suffer from the same problem as Sony last gen with the PS3. The console is a hassle... even then, it has a lot going for itself with Windows 10...

 



It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS! 

    the xbox one will be more than alright, remember, you're talking about a bodypart of Microsoft, the biggest software company in the world, and what is video games ? Software.



    NightDragon83 said:
    Sure... just like the PS3 fell off a cliff after its abysmal start last gen and getting trounced in sales by the Wii and 360 early on... oh wait.

    The days of a single console dominating a gaming generation are long over. Those wishing for a repeat of the 6th gen where PlayStation gets all the big 3rd party releases all to themselves while Nintendo and M$ are left in the dust to duke it out over scraps for a distant 2nd are in for a rude awakening. Sony might be running away on their home turf in Europe and Japan, but despite the terrible pre-launch PR and $100 higher price point, the sales gap between the X1 and the PS4 in North America is less than a million. As long as the X1 keeps pace with the PS4 in its strongest region, it won't be going near any cliffs anytime soon.


    PS3 didn't start abysmally, PS3 was always outselling 360 from when it launched. It was just the fact that 360 had a 7 million lead before PS3 launched, so it was just behind in total sales. 



    Snoopy said:
    Ali_16x said:


    From what I've seen no one has posted any list. And yes, actually, most of the games are 2016, of the 35+ exclusives(not including indies) majority of them are 2016 except a few games like Detroit and WiLD.


    And horizion and tlg...


    And where exactly are you getting your information? Both Horizon and TLG were confirmed for 2016 when they were announced at E3 2015.

    Want to see a list of 2016 games for PS4?

    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    The Last Guardian
    Uncharted 4
    Ratchet and Clank
    Street Fighter V
    Gran Turismo Sport
    Dreams
    Gravity Rush Remastered
    Gravity Rush 2
    Persona 5
    World of Final Fantasy
    Nier: Automata
    Star Ocean 5
    Kingdom Hearts 2.8
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
    Odin Sphere
    Attack on Titan
    The King of Fighters XIV
    Heavy Rain Remastered
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps
    Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelation

    Sony owned and published PSN titles (Not indies, like Ori)
    Amplitude
    Guns Up!
    The Tomorrow Children
    RIME
    Alienation
    Shadow of the Beast
    Kill Strain
    Wattam
    What Remains of Edith Finch
    Fat Princess Adventures
    Drawn to Death

    These are all 2016 games and of course this list is not final, Sony is going to announce more games in less than a week which might come in 2016 like MLB 2016. And even more games from Japanese games which haven't been announced for the west yet like Dissidia Final Fantasy, Ni-Oh and Yakuza games.

    And you want to know of all the games that are coming to PS4, only WiLD, Matterfall, and Detroit are 2017 games.

    This list is absolutely not misleading because it's genuine.



    "There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

    peterdavid12345 said:
    the xbox one will be more than alright, remember, you're talking about a bodypart of Microsoft, the biggest software company in the world, and what is video games ? Software.


    So how'd the original xbox do