Quantcast
Black Ops 3 is the biggest entertainment launch of 2015, earns over $550 million in first 3 days

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 3 is the biggest entertainment launch of 2015, earns over $550 million in first 3 days

ZhugeEX said:

No. Sold through to end users. 

Sell in will be much higher.

They used shipped units to retail... it was confirmed in the last two PR about CoD.

I don't think sell in will be that much higher than 8m shipped for example.

8m x $60 = $480m (if you include special edition then you will have close to $550m).



Around the Network
ethomaz said:
ZhugeEX said:

No. Sold through to end users. 

They used shipped units to retail... it was confirmed in the last two PR about CoD.

 

Have you read the press release?

 

In its first three days, the blockbuster title exceeded $550 million in sell-through worldwide, according to Activision estimates

ethomaz said:
ZhugeEX said:

No. Sold through to end users. 

They used shipped units to retail... it was confirmed in the last two PR about CoD.


http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=942102

They specifically say sell-through.



ZhugeEX said:

Have you read the press release?

 

In its first three days, the blockbuster title exceeded $550 million in sell-through worldwide, according to Activision estimates

Yeap I read... I will try to find the previous PRs.



ethomaz said:

I don't think sell in will be that much higher than 8m shipped for example.

8m x $60 = $480m (if you include special edition then you will have close to $550m).


That's not how it works buddy. 



Around the Network
taus90 said:

I guess the record will be short lived and will be broken by Fallout 4 in a few days time or maybe even Battlefront

Don't think there's much chance at all of either of those doing it, especially not Fallout. They just aren't COD level popular, don't think anything other than GTA could beat it at the moment.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

ZhugeEX said:

That's not how it works buddy. 

It is a estimate for launch... the avg. price will be near $60 for each copy... remember it is revenue.



ethomaz said:
ZhugeEX said:

That's not how it works buddy. 

It is a estimate for launch... the avg. price will be near $60 for each copy... remember it is revenue.


That's still not how it works...



You are right @ZhugeEX about the sold to consumers... only Ghosts and AW they used shipped numbers revenue.

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=804829



ZhugeEX said:

That's around ~7.5m sold in the first 3 days based on that revenue figure.

Activision are quoting sell through here. 

Yup, CoD is here to stay.