Quantcast
Black Ops 3 is the biggest entertainment launch of 2015, earns over $550 million in first 3 days

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 3 is the biggest entertainment launch of 2015, earns over $550 million in first 3 days

Activision today confirmed that Call of Duty®: Black Ops III is the biggest entertainment launch of the year. In its first three days, the blockbuster title exceeded $550 million in sell-through worldwide, according to Activision estimates. The opening weekend haul is the biggest entertainment launch of 2015, including theatrical box office, music and book launches.

Engagement per player also set a new record for the Call of Duty® franchise. Additionally, fans played more than 75 million hours online in its opening three days.

On PlayStation®4, Black Ops III set a new record as the best-selling digital full game by units sold in its first day of availability in PS4™ history.

During the three-day opening, worldwide sales rose significantly over the previous two years, including setting a new franchise mark, as digital downloads of the game across next generation consoles rose nearly 100% from a year ago.

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=942102



Around the Network

Damn!

I dont know about past numbers, but people saying that the franchise is going down is nuts!

We are talking about 25% more money than Halo 5 in less time.



That's a lot of cod hardware



I guess the record will be short lived and will be broken by Fallout 4 in a few days time or maybe even Battlefront



More info:


Worldwide sales "rose significantly over previous 2 years"



Around the Network
taus90 said:

I guess the record will be short lived and will be broken by Fallout 4 in a few days time or maybe even Battlefront


I don't see how that could happen. Fallout won't doing it for sure



AEGRO said:
Damn!

I dont know about past numbers, but people saying that the franchise is going down is nuts!

We are talking about 25% more money than Halo 5 in less time.


Multiplatform or not that is a huge accomplishment for CoD.

Can't help but notice the similarities to the Halo press release in the metrics being used to measure the game's success.  



well , we can see that only assassin's creed is the only game that is suffering from yearly installement



Roronaa_chan said:
taus90 said:

I guess the record will be short lived and will be broken by Fallout 4 in a few days time or maybe even Battlefront


I don't see how that could happen. Fallout won't doing it for sure

ya i forgot unlike BLOPS3, FO4 and SWBF arent on last gen consoles.



Well there you go, digital is getting bigger and bigger. They need to start tracking those too.
But I cannot ready anywhere if this include Hardware too...