Quantcast
Aaron Greenber and Frank O'Connor deny Halo 5 PC version in development

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Aaron Greenber and Frank O'Connor deny Halo 5 PC version in development

eh, don't get why a big deal was made out of this. He said it could come to PC. Literally every game ever made could come to PC. Whether they actually will or not is an entirely different matter though.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
JEMC said:
And this surprises no one... well, only people that fail at reading comprehension and jump to conclusions too easily.

The last Halo game for PC was bad port of Halo 2 destined to push Windows Vista. If they wanted to bring Halo to PC, the first game they should port is The Master Chief Collection so PC gamers can play Halo 3 and 4.


Halo was never a big deal on PC. That said; there is a real lack of good FPS games on PC as well in the past few years.

Maybe a port will show up one day. The bigger question is; is there any point to it?



Far Cry 4 or Wolfenstein are good and not too old, and that's the ones I can think of right now.

And the question of what's the point of it, well, it's MSoft who has to decide it. However, another question is: if they want to gauge the interest in the PC comunity for their games, what's the best game to do it?



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Mummelmann said:
JEMC said:
And this surprises no one... well, only people that fail at reading comprehension and jump to conclusions too easily.

The last Halo game for PC was bad port of Halo 2 destined to push Windows Vista. If they wanted to bring Halo to PC, the first game they should port is The Master Chief Collection so PC gamers can play Halo 3 and 4.


Halo was never a big deal on PC. That said; there is a real lack of good FPS games on PC as well in the past few years.

Maybe a port will show up one day. The bigger question is; is there any point to it?

Well, my theory is that Microsoft will, in a couple of years (probably close to the end of the XBone lifespam), release their own digital distribution service for PC gaming. Windows 10 is already designed to sell you apps, so this kind of service would be complementary. And what game would they bring to compete with Steam? Halo. The next XBox would become basically a PC with W10 (or whatever OS Windows chooses by then) with standarised hardware that was compatible with their service. Both PC and console users would have the chance of getting Xbox Life, that seems to be the main goal for Microsoft nowadays.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Mummelmann said:
JEMC said:
And this surprises no one... well, only people that fail at reading comprehension and jump to conclusions too easily.

The last Halo game for PC was bad port of Halo 2 destined to push Windows Vista. If they wanted to bring Halo to PC, the first game they should port is The Master Chief Collection so PC gamers can play Halo 3 and 4.


Halo was never a big deal on PC. That said; there is a real lack of good FPS games on PC as well in the past few years.

Maybe a port will show up one day. The bigger question is; is there any point to it?

Well, my theory is that Microsoft will, in a couple of years (probably close to the end of the XBone lifespam), release their own digital distribution service for PC gaming. Windows 10 is already designed to sell you apps, so this kind of service would be complementary. And what game would they bring to compete with Steam? Halo. The next XBox would become basically a PC with W10 (or whatever OS Windows chooses by then) with standarised hardware that was compatible with their service. Both PC and console users would have the chance of getting Xbox Life, that seems to be the main goal for Microsoft nowadays.

a realy stupid goal, why buy xbox gold if you can buy games from steam and gog and play their mp for free...



NobleTeam360 said:
If Halo 1 and 2's sales on PC are any indication, then I don't see why MS would waste time on porting the game to PC.

If Xbox sales are any indication, then I don't see why MS would waste time on making consoles.

Or in other words, I'm pretty sure it will come to PC eventually.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Mummelmann said:
JEMC said:
And this surprises no one... well, only people that fail at reading comprehension and jump to conclusions too easily.

The last Halo game for PC was bad port of Halo 2 destined to push Windows Vista. If they wanted to bring Halo to PC, the first game they should port is The Master Chief Collection so PC gamers can play Halo 3 and 4.


Halo was never a big deal on PC. That said; there is a real lack of good FPS games on PC as well in the past few years.

Maybe a port will show up one day. The bigger question is; is there any point to it?

Well, my theory is that Microsoft will, in a couple of years (probably close to the end of the XBone lifespam), release their own digital distribution service for PC gaming. Windows 10 is already designed to sell you apps, so this kind of service would be complementary. And what game would they bring to compete with Steam? Halo. The next XBox would become basically a PC with W10 (or whatever OS Windows chooses by then) with standarised hardware that was compatible with their service. Both PC and console users would have the chance of getting Xbox Life, that seems to be the main goal for Microsoft nowadays.

a realy stupid goal, why buy xbox gold if you can buy games from steam and gog and play their mp for free...

I'm sure they'll find something to sell you through Live on PC. I'm sure Microsoft is regretting not expanding their Games for Windows service into a full digital store years ago.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

This is very similiar to the "Kinect is core to Xbox" announcement to me.



Only thing that bothers me is them dangling that hook constantly, stop doing it unless you plan to actually bring them all over to PC because all that ever does is piss off both communities.

What I care most about is when they finally do decide to bring the series back to PC in a million years time, will they charge full price and more for those games even though they will be very old by then?. I can imagine MS doing that when they feel they've got some power grip but until then they don't really have swaying power, that goes to Steam and likely will for a long time.



                                       

vivster said:
NobleTeam360 said:
If Halo 1 and 2's sales on PC are any indication, then I don't see why MS would waste time on porting the game to PC.

If Xbox sales are any indication, then I don't see why MS would waste time on making consoles.

Or in other words, I'm pretty sure it will come to PC eventually.

What are Xbox's sales exactly? I'd love to know your insider numbers. 



NobleTeam360 said:
vivster said:

If Xbox sales are any indication, then I don't see why MS would waste time on making consoles.

Or in other words, I'm pretty sure it will come to PC eventually.

What are Xbox's sales exactly? I'd love to know your insider numbers. 

I know I should've taken the Zune for the analogy.

Point is, past PC sales indicate nothing about a likely PC release of Halo 5 or MCC for that matter. I mean they're the ones constantly pretending to care about PC gamers.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.