Quantcast
The Sorry State of Microsoft's First Party

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Sorry State of Microsoft's First Party

Tagged games:

AlfredoTurkey said:
D-Joe said:

Create another Halo then it goes multi platform(not matter how it sells it will be multi platform when sequel announced)?

Don't think MS will expect this.


I am 100% sure that had Titanall sold like it was suppose to, that MS would have bought the rights. I mean, they paid billions for Minecraft for crying out loud. They aren't afradi to blow money.

If they want it sold a lot they will bought the IP since in development and even cancel the PC version, not after.



Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
I was hearing a lot of great things too leading up to the Xbox one launch regarding Microsoft building up their first party with lots of studios and ips.

But so far, it's just more halo, Forza, gears, and fable. Shame. Guess Microsoft would rather stick with what sells rather than try something new.

I don't mind more of the same, I just want more new with it. Another company is guilty of this but I won't go off-topic.



AlfredoTurkey said:
While not a MS IP, I think Titanfall not doing well took MS by surprise. That game was suppose to be the new Halo for them, and it sort of flopped. I really don't think they intended to have to find another game like that.

Titanfall was supposed to be the next Halo for them, when it was not developed or published by them and was not exclusive to their platform? I think that's the best oversell on the importance of Titanfall I have ever seen on Chartz, which is saying something.

Also, the game sold millions and was a success according to EA. How much did it need to sell to not be a flop? Just curious. Did every Xbone owner need to buy it? lol.



D-Joe said:
AlfredoTurkey said:


I am 100% sure that had Titanall sold like it was suppose to, that MS would have bought the rights. I mean, they paid billions for Minecraft for crying out loud. They aren't afradi to blow money.

If they want it sold a lot they will bought the IP since in development and even cancel the PC version, not after.


They bought Gears of War ip after four installments. Also, Titan Fall sold very well for a new ip that was release near launch window (over 7 million apparently).  I could see Microsoft buying Titan Fall and making it a yearly series to be honest.



never understood this obsession a few have with first party. maybe that is just bias on my account as apart from Forza and Halo every other game that is a must have is cross platform 3rd party. If there are games for me to play I don't give a crap whether it is first, second or third party.



Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
While not a MS IP, I think Titanfall not doing well took MS by surprise. That game was suppose to be the new Halo for them, and it sort of flopped. I really don't think they intended to have to find another game like that.

Titanfall was supposed to be the next Halo for them, when it was not developed or published by them and was not exclusive to their platform? I think that's the best oversell on the importance of Titanfall I have ever seen on Chartz, which is saying something.

Also, the game sold millions and was a success according to EA. How much did it need to sell to not be a flop? Just curious. Did every Xbone owner need to buy it? lol.


That game was suppose to be the next big FPS. It was hyped as a game that was going to do for FPS what Mario did for platforming. It was suppose to redefine everything we know about the genre. 

 

In the end, it didn't do anything. 



Sorry but i can't see 5th best seller of Xbox One in history so far is didn't do anything.



The only real problem I have with Microsoft Studios is that that the big ones do indeed seem like slaves to a particular IP. And then you look at Sony's. ND came out of no where with TLOU, Bend is working on a new IP, GG has Horizon,... a new IP. Japan Studios has Bloodborne... a new IP, MM has Dreams... a new IP... even San Diego is doing a new game. I remember Spencer talking about why they veer away from new IP sometimes, but you never now what latent creativity your studios have... free that creativity. Turn 10 Studios needs to be emancipated.



I just want a good Age of Empires, but with Microsoft focusing their first party on the XBone, the most I can expect is a mobile game with its name attached on it. Could it be possible to reunite all of the former Ensemble Studios employees and get it done?



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

CosmicSex said:
The only real problem I have with Microsoft Studios is that that the big ones do indeed seem like slaves to a particular IP. And then you look at Sony's. ND came out of no where with TLOU, Bend is working on a new IP, GG has Horizon,... a new IP. Japan Studios has Bloodborne... a new IP, MM has Dreams... a new IP... even San Diego is doing a new game. I remember Spencer talking about why they veer away from new IP sometimes, but you never now what latent creativity your studios have... free that creativity. Turn 10 Studios needs to be emancipated.


Except MS always have new IP in development, and it doesn't matter who is developing as long as they own the IP.