Quantcast
Rate the Metal/Rock song above you!

Forums - Music Discussion - Rate the Metal/Rock song above you!

AbbathTheGrim said:
maverick40 said:

Geat Autopsy song. 7.5/10

 

https://youtu.be/0MHTy_dcSKE

I am not a fan of bands that focus way to much on rythm, make pauses on the sound, rely way too much on breakdowns so this is not my cup of tea. BUT, this song didn't have the vocalist singing pretty for verse or chorus at some point of the song, so that is something I appreciate in the constant trend of bands that do the above: 6/10

NEXT, something off Japan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_CG5fUE3po

Wow that is from Japan? That was pretty cool actually. great riff going throughout the song.  For me I am all about thr drummers and rhythm but the drums were average and he just kept the rhythm going for the song  is fine I suppose. 7/10

 

Ok how about this song from my boys in ABR:

Matt Greiner is regarded as the greatest drummer in Metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugPxKkDmh5M





Around the Network

^8/10



I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:

^8/10

Ensiferum

Nice Ensiferum song 8.5/10

Makes me wanna go and drink some.

maverick40 said:

Wow that is from Japan? That was pretty cool actually. great riff going throughout the song.  For me I am all about thr drummers and rhythm but the drums were average and he just kept the rhythm going for the song  is fine I suppose. 7/10

 

Ok how about this song from by boys in ABR:

Matt Greiner is regarded as the greatest drummer in Metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugPxKkDmh5M



Yeah, Sigh's drummer is not as intense as others.

I take it your favorite genre is Metalcore, I am seeing a pattern here. :P

The song is nice, I have heard August Burns Red before. I haven't seen Greiner being mentioned ever as the greatest Metal drummer in any name-dropping lists of greatest Metal drummers in the decades I've been listening to Metal. You are the first I've seen.

There will never be a greatest Metal "something" ever and have consensus on that, but there are indeed influential drummers that have shaped Metal as it was and is and I don't think Greiner had anything to do with that. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy his drumming, just saying.

One of my favorite drummers would be this guy:

NEXT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IykHu47u4I



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:

maverick40 said:

Wow that is from Japan? That was pretty cool actually. great riff going throughout the song.  For me I am all about thr drummers and rhythm but the drums were average and he just kept the rhythm going for the song  is fine I suppose. 7/10

 

Ok how about this song from by boys in ABR:

Matt Greiner is regarded as the greatest drummer in Metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugPxKkDmh5M



Yeah, Sigh's drummer is not as intense as others.

I take it your favorite genre is Metalcore, I am seeing a pattern here. :P

The song is nice, I have heard August Burns Red before. I haven't seen Greiner being mentioned ever as the greatest Metal drummer in any name-dropping lists of greatest Metal drummers in the decades I've been listening to Metal. You are the first I've seen.

There will never be a greatest Metal "something" ever and have consensus on that, but there are indeed influential drummers that have shaped Metal as it was and is and I don't think Greiner had anything to do with that. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy his drumming, just saying.

One of my favorite drummers would be this guy:

NEXT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IykHu47u4I

1. I'm failing to see what's special about this Grenier person.  It sounds like the drumming in about 75% of metalcore. But I REALLY dislike metalcore, so I could be biased.

2. That Absu is fucking killer. 

3. While we're on the subect of awesome drummers...Quo Vadis drum footage (Silence Calls The Storm):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j_rf_UrsOM





CladInShadows said:

1. I'm failing to see what's special about this Grenier person.  It sounds like the drumming in about 75% of metalcore. But I REALLY dislike metalcore, so I could be biased.

2. That Absu is fucking killer. 

3. While we're on the subect of awesome drummers...Quo Vadis drum footage (Silence Calls The Storm):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j_rf_UrsOM



Quo Vadis is(was?) fucking killer! Dysgenics mp3 never leaves my playlist. :D I love technical stuff that leaves space for songs to have a heart.

I rate the song 9/10

NEXT, promoting something relatively new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04K1T8vJI0



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
CladInShadows said:

1. I'm failing to see what's special about this Grenier person.  It sounds like the drumming in about 75% of metalcore. But I REALLY dislike metalcore, so I could be biased.

2. That Absu is fucking killer. 

3. While we're on the subect of awesome drummers...Quo Vadis drum footage (Silence Calls The Storm):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j_rf_UrsOM



Quo Vadis is(was?) fucking killer! Dysgenics mp3 never leaves my playlist. :D I love technical stuff that leaves space for songs to have a heart.

I rate the song 9/10

NEXT, promoting something relatively new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04K1T8vJI0

 

Not bad, pretty generic though.  Nothing about it really stands out, or hasn't been done before, and better elsewhere. 5/10

 

Next;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWIRzDE1XcM



Lamace said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
CladInShadows said:

1. I'm failing to see what's special about this Grenier person.  It sounds like the drumming in about 75% of metalcore. But I REALLY dislike metalcore, so I could be biased.

2. That Absu is fucking killer. 

3. While we're on the subect of awesome drummers...Quo Vadis drum footage (Silence Calls The Storm):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j_rf_UrsOM



Quo Vadis is(was?) fucking killer! Dysgenics mp3 never leaves my playlist. :D I love technical stuff that leaves space for songs to have a heart.

I rate the song 9/10

NEXT, promoting something relatively new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04K1T8vJI0

 

Not bad, pretty generic though.  Nothing about it really stands out, or hasn't been done before, and better elsewhere. 5/10

 

Next;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWIRzDE1XcM

I always love me some Blind Guardian. 8/10

And I'd give that Destroyer 666 a 9/10 because it fucking rips.

Let's get some folk up in this bitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brIn-8BXzSY



AbbathTheGrim said:
CladInShadows said:

1. I'm failing to see what's special about this Grenier person.  It sounds like the drumming in about 75% of metalcore. But I REALLY dislike metalcore, so I could be biased.

2. That Absu is fucking killer. 

3. While we're on the subect of awesome drummers...Quo Vadis drum footage (Silence Calls The Storm):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j_rf_UrsOM



Quo Vadis is(was?) fucking killer! Dysgenics mp3 never leaves my playlist. :D I love technical stuff that leaves space for songs to have a heart.

I rate the song 9/10

NEXT, promoting something relatively new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04K1T8vJI0

Definitely "was". Bart is the only member left, and there's been no activity since 2011.





CladInShadows said:

Definitely "was". Bart is the only member left, and there's been no activity since 2011.



Dude, that latest Amorphis album was fucking awesome. I tend to listen to an album and copy songs off of it to a separate folder to build a playlist, and I pretty much copied that whole album. xD

That song takes me back to LOTR. 8.9/10

NEXT: something instrumental :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMnE9V8jYjQ



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
CladInShadows said:

Definitely "was". Bart is the only member left, and there's been no activity since 2011.



Dude, that latest Amorphis album was fucking awesome. I tend to listen to an album and copy songs off of it to a separate folder to build a playlist, and I pretty much copied that whole album. xD

That song takes me back to LOTR. 8.9/10

NEXT: something instrumental :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMnE9V8jYjQ

Amorphis is definitely in my top 5 bands of all time.  Been into em since '94. They're just about perfect in my eyes.

Never heard of Haunted Shores before, but I'm digging both the music AND the punny titles! 8/10

New Borknagar, with...like...every bloody singer they've ever had! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDrrKv2wjvk