Quantcast
Microsoft Says Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Says Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

ArchangelMadzz said:
A large chunk of those are phones and tablets I can imagine

On compatible Tablets win10 does look really nice as long as you're over 8 inches, any budget thing or phone under the 8 inch mark and you run into features being disabled like the desktop view, which would limit down people wanting to jump into it right away.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network

Great. This is the plot of Kingsman: The Secret Service



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

ganoncrotch said:
I would ask how Microsoft knows the exact number of people using Win10....


The same way every other OS does it. It calls home in the activation process.



ganoncrotch said:
I would ask how Microsoft knows the exact number of people using Win10.... but heck they could release stats of exactly where you are in the house when you watch your porn with the amount of info the Home versions of win10 push back to them.

I'm still more than happy with Win7 find it literally perfect for my needs from an OS and ya don't mess with perfection. (I'm well aware that Win10 has a lot more security features loaded into its shell that Win7 has, it makes Win7 look like an open door in terms of side by side security in fact, still not my thing tho)


Because you're downloading Windows 10 from Microsoft...?

Also, "more than 75 million" is not an exact number.



Despite regularly updating Win 7, it never suggested me the free upgrade, I must have too much unsupported HW and SW.
Most probably XP and 7 will remain the best seller Windows versions ever on PC.
About Windows in general, Android and iOS tablets are replacing Windows PCs for casual users a lot faster than Windows 10 is expanding on phones and tablets, and despite being given for free on PCs already using recent previous Windows versions.
This said, Windows 10 will almost surely be more successful than Vista and Win 8.x, even on PC alone, and despite growing slower than competitors, it will probably be more successful than most previous Windows versions on mobile devices too, if not as market share, at least as number of licenses sold, so profits should keep on growing even if market share won't.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")

A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.

TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

        

Around the Network

Windows 10 is great. Installed it and never looked back. never had any issues with my games so far.
75 millions already is pretty cool.



Praise the One.

AbbathTheGrim said:

- Said Microsoft today Wednesday

- Windows 10 software is running on more than 75 million computers, tablets and other devices

- Micro aims to have W10 installed on a billion devices over the next three years

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/microsoft-windows-10-now-75-million-devices-33331567


Is that shipped or sold to customers?

 

jks



Azzanation said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

- Said Microsoft today Wednesday

- Windows 10 software is running on more than 75 million computers, tablets and other devices

- Micro aims to have W10 installed on a billion devices over the next three years

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/microsoft-windows-10-now-75-million-devices-33331567


Is that shipped or sold to customers?

 

jks


Sheeped.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")

A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.

TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

        

ganoncrotch said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
A large chunk of those are phones and tablets I can imagine

On compatible Tablets win10 does look really nice as long as you're over 8 inches, any budget thing or phone under the 8 inch mark and you run into features being disabled like the desktop view, which would limit down people wanting to jump into it right away.

That's what she said.



Will get the Lumia 940 / 950 with Win10 and maybe surface 3 pro tablet.



There once was a great sig here, but it got killed.

A moment of silence would be appreciated.