Quantcast
Biggest Franchises of JAPAN (Tier Listing)! Also Splatoon, Can It Potentially Be 1 of The Top 10 Franchises in Japan?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest Franchises of JAPAN (Tier Listing)! Also Splatoon, Can It Potentially Be 1 of The Top 10 Franchises in Japan?

Dragon Quest forever SS.

Do we really need to have splatoon on every single thread about anything? It's getting ridiculous.



Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Persona is gonna secure itself a spot on that list once number 5 is out.


4got persona, that is borderline C, but with 5 i can see it grow into Borderline B or B Tier franchise



tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:


Nowadays, GTA is bigger than Resident Evil. GTA V has sold over 1 million. Even if you don't agree with it being bigger than Resident Evil, it is still at the very least B tier. CoD isn't under 400k, it is over. It should be bordeline C.


Edited OP, Also can you givefigures for Last/Couple COD games? I dont remember 400k+ but i'll put it in borderline


Latest figures we have for AW is 259k.

I can give you the last week of sales we have available for each SKU, so you can see that it should have probably have legged it's way to 400k, when you include digital:

Call of Duty dubbed version (PS3) : 7k    (second week after release, down 50%)

Call of Duty dubbed version (PS4): 10k   (release week)

Call of Duty subtitle version (PS3): 5k     (4th week after release, down 66%)

Call of Duty subtitle version (PS4): 6k     (3rd week after release, down 50%)

FYI dubbed versions launched 4 weeks later than the subtitle versions.

They are also present in the top 50 quite a few weeks after they fall of the famitsu top 30 (I'm using Famitsu because they give software numbers up to top 30, while MC only gives numbers up to top 20)



Really hard to compare 1 game compared to all these big franchises, so no, I don't think it can



 - Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread -
 

   NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]
 

          

 

 

Here lies the hidden threads. 

 | |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Wow didn't expect Japan to love GTA.



Around the Network

Splatoon is just a single game. Othervvise vve vvould have put One Piece PVV as a tier. And tbh it still is at least C.



Farsala said:
Splatoon is just a single game. Othervvise vve vvould have put One Piece PVV as a tier. And tbh it still is at least C.

Not even, really. The last entry sold about 280k across three platforms. 



Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

                                      

Skullwaker said:
Farsala said:
Splatoon is just a single game. Othervvise vve vvould have put One Piece PVV as a tier. And tbh it still is at least C.

Not even, really. The last entry sold about 280k across three platforms. 


Sold at least 330k. And the other 2 entries sold more.



Farsala said:
Sold at least 330k. And the other 2 entries sold more.

Not according to Media Create. And it's not really fair to judge a franchise's current status based on its past sales. If that were the case, Final Fantasy would be SS tier and Metal Gear would be B tier. 



Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

                                      

Skullwaker said:
Farsala said:
Sold at least 330k. And the other 2 entries sold more.

Not according to Media Create. And it's not really fair to judge a franchise's current status based on its past sales. If that were the case, Final Fantasy would be SS tier and Metal Gear would be B tier. 


Current sales vvould dovvngrade a lot of Nintendo franchises then. Minecraft is higher tier for sure. God eater probably not any tier, as Yakuza outsold it and isn't on the list.

 

edit: and 330k is MC