oh damn 1 pt off my prediction!
oh damn 1 pt off my prediction!
Chockers gonna choke!
Damn, the Broncos might actually have an easy divisional championship like the Patriots and Packers always get.
Speaking of which...the AFC East might genuinely be the best division in football this year. It's got New England, and it's the only division with three winning teams (in this season where only three divisions have multiple teams with winning records)...and then there's the Dolphins ruining things...
Admittedly both the Bills and Jets have looked pretty bad at times, but it's hard to find a division in football where the second best team hasn't looked bad quite frequently (that's the Steelers, Jaguars, Chargers, Cowboys, Vikings, Panthers, and Rams for those interested).
ANNOUNCEMENT - Week 5 Results and Standings
The Steelers' last-minute-win turned week 5 into merely a solid one for the prediction league; while most people attained a positive record, it wasn't particularly impressive. Mike321 comes away with a big win because he is the only one to go 11-3. A season-high 22 players earned at least 1 PP this week, but nobody was perfect on MNF. TheGoldenBoy's streak of top 3 finishes continued while the last couple of remaining players without a top 3 finish ended their drought.
No changes at the top other than a few people dropping a game here and there. The top 11 are still within three games while the remaining playoff spots are fiercely fought over. There haven't been many changes in positions this week, let alone big ones, so there isn't much to say. About the most noteworthy thing is that FatedReality squeezed himself between the 360s.
View all collected data here.
Week 6 is the next in the series of 14-games-weeks. On paper it looks like a moderately challenging week, but it's likely that the results will be similar to this one.
It seems like we got past the early period of quitting the prediction league, so I don't see anyone else throwing in the towel until the second half of the season.
|NE-IND||1||BYE||BYE||NYG-PHI||PHI by 3|
1. The Falcons are good at the moment, plus the Saints are hit and miss on both offense and defense.
2. Two teams that need the rushing game face good defensive fronts. The two QBs can also implode at any minute, so it's hard to say who is going to come away with a win.
3. Assuming that Roethlisberger doesn't return, this is a rather easy pick. But Big Ben might be ready this Sunday. We'll see.
4. The Chiefs lost Charles for the season, so I don't see how they could win against a surging Vikings team.
5. This is a game that the Bengals could lose, but the Bills tend to make life hard for themselves. They will want to drop back to .500.
6. Cutler has played solid so far, but Detroit has to win a game eventually. This is one of their best chances to do just that.
7. Expecting that the Denver defense will save the day yet again.
8. Bortles suffered a slight injury, but he should be good to go. Although anything can happen in a divisional game between two bad teams, the Jaguars have at least continuity at the QB position.
9. The Dolphins are coming off a bye week, but they also fired their head coach. I haven't heard of a case where such a move made a team turn their season around. That only works in real football. Meanwhile, the Titans have been promising enough this year to beat a struggling opponent.
10. Time for the Panthers to lose their first game. Otherwise the Seahawks will drop to 2-4.
11. A favorable matchup for the Packers on both offense and defense. Remember the last time these two teams met? When Rodgers came onto the field for his second series, the Packers led already 21-0. Yes, the game ended 45-38 because Rivers recovered from his early pick-sixes and the Packers defense was among the worst in the league, but this time it isn't going to be a 7-point-game.
12. This is the biggest question mark of the week for me. Two 1-4 teams and both clearly suck. But the 49ers have the more competent defense, so I'll go with them.
13. These Colts aren't going to stop those Patriots, because Tom Brady isn't an AFC South QB.
14. Probably one of the very few Monday Night games that are interesting. Giants vs. Eagles is usually close, so this is a hard pick.
I'm doing horrible this season.
|NE-IND||1||BYE||BYE||NYG-PHI||PHI by 4|
I'm back baby.
What an awesome week for the Broncos. Another exciting win, and all three division opponents suffer hilarious losses.
I wonder what kind of "fuck you" score the Pats are going to drop on Indy this weekend.