We all love VGC! We do!
But we all have some issues with the site. This thread is designed to get Bretts attention and for you to put questions forward to him and also provide contructive feedback and ideas for Brett comment on.
Now this isn't here to throw abuse at VGC, but rather we collectively conduct a constructive "interview" with Brett so we know where the site is going and get answers on any issues.
Will Brett reply to any of this? I don't know but I've spoke to a mod about it and he will kindly let Brett know of this thread.
Ok this is how it will work. Put your questions/issues/ideas within thread and I will update OP with them. If Brett reponds to any of them, I will update the OP with the answers.
- Hi Brett, how are you?
Very good thank you.
- What's been keeping you busy enough to get you so far behind with the numbers? I can understand if you don't want to answer this because the answer could be too personal for you to answer but I figured I would ask it because some of us would like to know.
Life, lack of broadband and other work commitments.
- Once the numbers get up-to-date, will we see weekly updates again? Is it possible to update numbers same time same day every week? I think this would give the numbers a much more professional sheen.
Yes - every Weds / Thurs hopefully.
- When sales figures get adjusted, can you be more transparent of the changes? It's not bad to update numbers to get them right but stealth adjustments are annoying.
I don't really have time to post about every single adjustment that happens each week - they just get done. If you have a specific question on an adjustment I will normally explain if I see it.
- I don't think this will happen but have you considered forming a team to work out the sales figures? Teaching a team to how like the figures to be done could improve figure accuracy (each other to bounce off and smaller amounts of work assigned to each person),it'll relieve the stress put onto you and with a team if one guy is down or leaves there would be no interruption in getting the sales figures out there.
We already have one person helping and I intend to beef that up to reduce my weekly workload.
- What are features do you plan on adding to the site?
We have two new developers on board so there will be a host of new features coming to the site this year
- Would you be willing to hold contests and give prizes (optional) in the forum? If people guess correctly, they get a prize type of thing. I think it would be fun and since this is a numbers site, it woud fit along with the theme.. One of the other users did a thread like that not that long ago (Bell_Cranel).
Potentially - speak to one of the mods about it.
- How do you react to people criticising your numbers, yourself and/or your site. It's easy to produce a written retort but actually reading them, what passes through your mind?
I have been doing this for 10 years now so I don't even notice anymore. If there's an issue I try to address it, other than that if someone is being overly rude or personal they can expect to be banned.
- When will mods get paid if ever?
The mod roles have always been volunteer roles
- What games have you released through your other company?
Mediaflex Games - Runbots, Choco Blocks, Close Up Pics
- Do you plan on making games for consoles since MS and Sony have made it easier for Indies?