Quantcast
Yuji Horii confirms that DQ XI will be an offline RPG and is developed for home console(s)!

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yuji Horii confirms that DQ XI will be an offline RPG and is developed for home console(s)!

Verendus said that the Dragon Quest XI is going to be revealed this year so it's coming to PlayStation and since Japanese developers do not do multiplats, it's always on PlayStation or Nintendo, it'll be a PlayStation exclusive.Iit'll definitely be on PS3 since it'll sell there.



"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

Well if Japan is their primary market Wii U has the bigger install base, so either Wii U exclusive, or Wii U / PS4 multiplat.



“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

 

hunter_alien said:
teigaga said:

PS4+NX


This would be the most rational thing to do IF it is indeed comming for more consoles.

There is absolutly no market for it on the Xone, and the power difference between the PS4 and WiiU is just to large.

Only if you develop on PS4 and then try to port down. If you develop on Wii U and then port up the power difference is irrelevant. As long as it's as great as DQ fans imagine it will be having Wii U quality graphics on PS4 shouldn't be a problem for people.



“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

 

binary solo said:
Well if Japan is their primary market Wii U has the bigger install base, so either Wii U exclusive, or Wii U / PS4 multiplat.


Except it would be PS3/PS4 which is way larger than Wii U install base. And SE will actually localize this game if it comes to PlayStation so no point in saying Japan only.



"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:

Verendus said that the Dragon Quest XI is going to be revealed this year so it's coming to PlayStation and since Japanese developers do not do multiplats, it's always on PlayStation or Nintendo, it'll be a PlayStation exclusive.Iit'll definitely be on PS3 since it'll sell there.

He did?



Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Ali_16x said:

Verendus said that the Dragon Quest XI is going to be revealed this year so it's coming to PlayStation and since Japanese developers do not do multiplats, it's always on PlayStation or Nintendo, it'll be a PlayStation exclusive.Iit'll definitely be on PS3 since it'll sell there.

He did?


http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169359019&postcount=13980

Just recently too, and he mentioned that DQ HD game again.



"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
binary solo said:
Well if Japan is their primary market Wii U has the bigger install base, so either Wii U exclusive, or Wii U / PS4 multiplat.


Except it would be PS3/PS4 which is way larger than Wii U install base. And SE will actually localize this game if it comes to PlayStation so no point in saying Japan only.

This, pretty much. If they are going to release on multiple consoles, it will be developed on PS4, then downported to PS3 for a simultaneous release in Japan, and if it gets localized, a PS4 only release everywhere else. I could see it being PS4 only if this ends up being some plan to drive up PS4 sales in Japan seeing the popularity of the last two major releases (excluding X) in Japan.



 

Ali_16x said:
DerNebel said:

He did?


http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169359019&postcount=13980

Just recently too, and he mentioned that DQ HD game again.

Well there is this next week:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/07/03/new-dragon-quest-reveal-coming-from-square-enix-next-week/

Though I'm assuming this will be first screens for DQH2



Good news



I don't think there'll be a PS3 version, otherwise DQH wouldn't be PS4-only in the west.