Quantcast
Where Call of Duty Black Ops III will sell more in the US: PS4 or XB1?

Forums - Sales Discussion - Where Call of Duty Black Ops III will sell more in the US: PS4 or XB1?

???

PS4 299 79.95%
 
XB1 75 20.05%
 
Total:374

As we know, Ghost and Advanced Warfare sold better on XB1.

First time, i thought was going to happen again with Black Ops III, but now that Sony have the exclusive marketing, what do you think?

I expect a very close battle, but i will go with PS4.



Around the Network

ps4



The last two were close enough in sales that I think the announcement of DLC timed exclusivity and the fact that PS4 will probably be the main console featured in advertising makes me think that PS4 will come out ahead on this one.



...

Torillian said:
The last two were close enough in sales that I think the announcement of DLC timed exclusivity and the fact that PS4 will probably be the main console featured in advertising makes me think that PS4 will come out ahead on this one.


How do you know it was close?



PS4



Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
Torillian said:
The last two were close enough in sales that I think the announcement of DLC timed exclusivity and the fact that PS4 will probably be the main console featured in advertising makes me think that PS4 will come out ahead on this one.


How do you know it was close?


http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Call+of+Duty



...

Dark_Feanor said:
Torillian said:
The last two were close enough in sales that I think the announcement of DLC timed exclusivity and the fact that PS4 will probably be the main console featured in advertising makes me think that PS4 will come out ahead on this one.


How do you know it was close?

1. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360) > 2m
2. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (XBO) < 2 m
3. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)
4. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) > 1.7m

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196639

That's mean a probabily 10% difference or so...



Torillian said:
Dark_Feanor said:


How do you know it was close?


http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Call+of+Duty

Don't use VGChartz like a source, used NPD.



Ryng_Tolu said:
Torillian said:


http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Call+of+Duty

Don't use VGChartz like a source, used NPD.


You can do that if you like, I'll happily use VGC unless other information comes forth proving its estimates in this case inaccurate.  Your NPD analysis seems to fit perfectly well with what VGC says.  



...

If sales were really close before, then the Sony marketing deal for BO3 should push sales over to PS4 side.