Quantcast
Am I the only one who wants Zelda Wii U to release on NX?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one who wants Zelda Wii U to release on NX?

bigtakilla said:

 If they have any common sense they would realize selling a million or two more won't be worth alienating their diehard fanbase. 

 

It's completely worth "alienating" their "diehard" fanbase. People whined and complained about the Wii because they were "alienating" their "diehard" fanbase. People got mad when Zelda was delayed because they thought they deserved a new Zelda game. Then the Wii came out and broke records, ran out of stock, and went on to sell over 100 million consoles and make Nintendo billions.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

bigtakilla said:

 If they have any common sense they would realize selling a million or two more won't be worth alienating their diehard fanbase. 

 

It's completely worth "alienating" their "diehard" fanbase. People whined and complained about the Wii because they were "alienating" their "diehard" fanbase. People got mad when Zelda was delayed because they thought they deserved a new Zelda game. Then the Wii came out and broke records, ran out of stock, and went on to sell over 100 million consoles and make Nintendo billions.

And somehow this is going to translate to the NX because?... 



bigtakilla said:

And somehow this is going to translate to the NX because?... 

How are you not putting two and two together? The situation with people complaining like you were was happening back with the transition to the Wii from GameCube and the Wii turned out to be a massive success. It translates to the NX because the situations are similar.

And no, I'm not trying to say the NX will sell like the Wii. I hope you aren't thinking I was trying to say that.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

NintendoPie said:
bigtakilla said:

And somehow this is going to translate to the NX because?... 

How are you not putting two and two together? The situation with people complaining like you were was happening back with the transition to the Wii from GameCube and the Wii turned out to be a massive success. It translates to the NX because the situations are similar.

And no, I'm not trying to say the NX will sell like the Wii. I hope you aren't thinking I was trying to say that.

But Twilight Princess was only a success the way it was because of the Wii. Are you trying to say the Wii was a success because of LoZ. I would greatly disagree.

Basically you are correlating two things together that have no relationship to each other. People are not going to run to the store to get and NX because Zelda Wii U released on it.



bigtakilla said:

But Twilight Princess was only a success the way it was because of the Wii. Are you trying to say the Wii was a success because of LoZ. I would greatly disagree.

Basically you are correlating two things together that have no relationship to each other. People are not going to run to the store to get and NX because Zelda Wii U released on it.

I see that my point is completely flying over your head.

I'm talking about the situation as in how people are reacting to these "Zelda on NX" rumors. These two things do correlate in the way people responded. The only non-correlation is how the NX performs because that's up in the air. 

Here's the tl;dr: Nintendo's supposedly alienated their fanbase before for bigger and better things and it certainly worked in their favor. Are they doing it again? Maybe, and good on it.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
bigtakilla said:

But Twilight Princess was only a success the way it was because of the Wii. Are you trying to say the Wii was a success because of LoZ. I would greatly disagree.

Basically you are correlating two things together that have no relationship to each other. People are not going to run to the store to get and NX because Zelda Wii U released on it.

I see that my point is completely flying over your head.

I'm talking about the situation as in how people are reacting to these "Zelda on NX" rumors. These two things do correlate in the way people responded. The only non-correlation is how the NX performs because that's up in the air. 

Here's the tl;dr: Nintendo's supposedly alienated their fanbase before for bigger and better things and it certainly worked in their favor. Are they doing it again? Maybe, and good on it.

And yet it will be the most important one if we are discussing why it would be a good idea to put Zelda U on the NX. 



I don't really care all that much... wake me when we hear something about Metroid Prime 4.



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Well if Zelda u releases on NX it means the tech is similar so that aint good. But they have stated that Zelda u is coming on wii u regardless off whether it comes to NX or not so I'm happy, I can either buy NX if it appeals to me or buy Zelda u on wii u if not.

 

EDIT: either way I'm happy I either get a nice shiny new console with Zelda or Zelda on wii u its kinda win win. Why would anyone have a problem with that!



bigtakilla said:
UncleScrooge said:
I would prefer it on NX as a launch title.

The Wii U is selling bad and Nintendo can't keep releasing high budget games for it: Software has a hard time recouping dev costs already, how are they supposed to make money with a high budget, open world Zelda game that only sells 1-2m units on the on-life-support Wii U in late 2016? I'm sure Nintendo wants you guys to have your Wii U Zelda game but they can't continue to burn money on the console. The Wii U is a failed concept with an expensive controller their first party developers are still struggling to integrate into their games 3 years after the release of the console. They need to move on and release a new console.

So you think a good alternative would be to release it as a NX launch title? How many people are questioning getting the NX at launch? They need to please their fans this gen before moving on. If they have any common sense they would realize selling a million or two more won't be worth alienating their diehard fanbase. 

Yes, I think that would be the better alternative. I expect it to be a cross-gen title, by the way. Wii U owners will get their Zelda game but NX owners will get a better version in 1080p at 60fps and maybe some other added stuff. I'm not saying any of these alternatives is great but Nintendo needs to keep their home console business alive. They can't release Wii U games in 2017 with the console basically being dead. That would be a huge money sink.

I feel your pain, though! 



UncleScrooge said:
bigtakilla said:

So you think a good alternative would be to release it as a NX launch title? How many people are questioning getting the NX at launch? They need to please their fans this gen before moving on. If they have any common sense they would realize selling a million or two more won't be worth alienating their diehard fanbase. 

Yes, I think that would be the better alternative. I expect it to be a cross-gen title, by the way. Wii U owners will get their Zelda game but NX owners will get a better version in 1080p at 60fps and maybe some other added stuff. I'm not saying any of these alternatives is great but Nintendo needs to keep their home console business alive. They can't release Wii U games in 2017 with the console basically being dead. That would be a huge money sink.

I feel your pain, though! 

With big releases comes big swells in console sales. The only thing that held the Wii U back this gen from doing respectable numbers is the fact there were so many game droughts. When Zelda Wii U releases, we can expect another home console sales swell.

As for whether the Wii U is a money sink hole, I think the fact that their fiscal year financial report was in the green means that they can still support the Wii U just fine until 2017. I think it would be a good idea to do this as well being that every Wii U and game sold, Nintendo makes a profit. The worst thing they can do is rush a new console out instead of making sure whatever this new consoles "thing" is, it can be fully realized. They should have had a game blowout at E3 this year to spark some interest again, showing their hand for 2016 but that is in the past.

What they do need to do is make sure their home console is stupidly easy to port the definitive versions of third party games to the console. They need to make sure that Monolith Soft and EAD whatever (the one that's making the Mario NX game) have games ready to launch when the console releases. Being that Retro said making a Metroid game now would be ready when NX launches is an insight to what is actually happening and why we haven't heard what their game is (though I would be fine with learning it's Metroid Wii U) that they have been working on since Tropical Freeze. 

And hell, a great starting place for the new Nintendo console would be to launch at $350 to keep the price similar to the PS4 while offering a "better experience".

These things would help out FAR more than just announcing a cross gen title of LoZ. I think some people are placing far to much importance on the series like it can carry a new console.