Quantcast
Google to penalize VGChartz?

Forums - Website Topics - Google to penalize VGChartz?

I think the current web layout of VGChartz sucks. The loading of the websites is not snappy. In general, the website is cluttered and has lots of unpertinent junk. The front page is cluttered, and I hope the N4G links are removed. The message boards layout is just awful. I hope user gifs and memes are removed. Get rid of flash and java. Just give me news and info without the fluff. Make it succinct and straight-to-the-point.




Around the Network
ikki5 said:
I use my phone as a phone and my computer as a computer... does that make me weird?


I guess so. I'm the same as you though.



Arcturus said:
ArtofAngels said:

Typing comments is the worst on mobile, you cannot defend that. Also, huge signatures are a pain in the ass.

Just turn off signatures. Most are bloated and annoying anyway.


Nope. I disagree because I like sigs. 



Ultrashroomz said:
I'd certainly be down for VGChartz being more friendly.

I just hope that this doesn't kill off new users who wanna join VGC.

The lack of actual numbers already does that :p, but still a more user and especially mobilefriendly site couldn't hurt in the slightest bit. I would also like to see that you can insert pictures off your hardrive in forums, like you can do at dualshockers. Would make graphicrelated threads more intresting if you can share your own experiences.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Aeolus451 said:
Arcturus said:
ArtofAngels said:

Typing comments is the worst on mobile, you cannot defend that. Also, huge signatures are a pain in the ass.

Just turn off signatures. Most are bloated and annoying anyway.


Nope. I disagree because I like sigs. 

100% agree that signatures should be turned off.   They are bloat and slow everything down.




Around the Network

You can hide the sig images right now.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

bevochan said:
Aeolus451 said:
Arcturus said:
ArtofAngels said:

Typing comments is the worst on mobile, you cannot defend that. Also, huge signatures are a pain in the ass.

Just turn off signatures. Most are bloated and annoying anyway.


Nope. I disagree because I like sigs. 

100% agree that signatures should be turned off.   They are bloat and slow everything down.


They're in the majority of forums. Why should sigs be removed for a minority of users who mainly use smartphones for the site? No thanks.



Google should penalise sites that use horrible intrusive ads too - like that Splatoon one.



ikki5 said:
Arcturus said:
ikki5 said:
I use my phone as a phone and my computer as a computer... does that make me weird?

Kind of. You don't own a smartphone or tablet?


yes (not a tablet, just the smartphone)... but I use it as a phone. I got the phone for free when I signed up for my cell phone service :)

There's many reasons to use a phone browser over a PC, don't be so small minded.



Join the new subreddit:  www.reddit.com/r/VGChartz

Didn't realize the thread is two years old until I went to the last page.



Proud to be a Californian.