Quantcast
What if Sony and Microsoft had waited until Nov '15 to release their 8th gen consoles?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Sony and Microsoft had waited until Nov '15 to release their 8th gen consoles?

JazzB1987 said:

Crysis 1 PC edition was the best looking game (not talking about effects hiding blocky world geometry here) until I dunno Killzone Shadowfall took the crown
(maybe it did not but at least it was the first game that could kinda compete with Crysis. (again NOT talking about shaders because modern shaders/effects simply didnt exist in 2007 games like Crysis 2 or Battlefield 3 look much worse than Crysis 1)

A lot of games look better than Crysis 1. Just to start, Crysis 2 and 3 and Metro Last Light. Killzone SF is way, way ahead of Crysis 1. Crysis 2 is substantialy ahead of C1 and C3 is a bit better than C3, that's on a similar level to Metro LL and SF.



Around the Network

Then we'd have almost no PS4 and Xbox One exclusives until 2017.



Ive been saying this since they both released with missing shit from the previous generation. You could tell they both were rushed



torok said:
 

A lot of games look better than Crysis 1. Just to start, Crysis 2 and 3 and Metro Last Light. Killzone SF is way, way ahead of Crysis 1. Crysis 2 is substantialy ahead of C1 and C3 is a bit better than C3, that's on a similar level to Metro LL and SF.

May I disagree with that assumption? Crysis did a splendid job, specially for an open world game that was limited to DirectX 9 shaders. Crysis 2 managed to improve performance mostly on the grounds it rendered fairly small areas limited by blocky architecture and object physics was mostly static and pre-set.

As to which looks better, well, they don't even take place on the same enviroments, do they.

 

OT - yes, they could. Releasing in the middle of the 28nm stall, specially opting for power-hungry AMD hardware, was never the best idea to begin with.



 

 

 

 

 

torok said:
JazzB1987 said:

Crysis 1 PC edition was the best looking game (not talking about effects hiding blocky world geometry here) until I dunno Killzone Shadowfall took the crown
(maybe it did not but at least it was the first game that could kinda compete with Crysis. (again NOT talking about shaders because modern shaders/effects simply didnt exist in 2007 games like Crysis 2 or Battlefield 3 look much worse than Crysis 1)

A lot of games look better than Crysis 1. Just to start, Crysis 2 and 3 and Metro Last Light. Killzone SF is way, way ahead of Crysis 1. Crysis 2 is substantialy ahead of C1 and C3 is a bit better than C3, that's on a similar level to Metro LL and SF.

There you go lol.

To the trained eye Crysis 2 etc looks like this:


Everything is blocky. Battlefield 3 is blocky Metro 2033 is blocky etc.

I mentioned "not talking about shaders" which are little tricks that make ugly things appear less ugly and yet you say those games look better. Next thing you tell me is that Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS looks better too :)



Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
torok said:

A lot of games look better than Crysis 1. Just to start, Crysis 2 and 3 and Metro Last Light. Killzone SF is way, way ahead of Crysis 1. Crysis 2 is substantialy ahead of C1 and C3 is a bit better than C3, that's on a similar level to Metro LL and SF.

There you go lol.

To the trained eye Crysis 2 etc looks like this:


Everything is blocky. Battlefield 3 is blocky Metro 2033 is blocky etc.

I mentioned "not talking about shaders" which are little tricks that make ugly things appear less ugly and yet you say those games look better. Next thing you tell me is that Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS looks better too :)

That and I also noticed to the fine eye that the assumption that 2 multiplatform games from the sam franchise were somehow much better than the exclusive original, that's not how multiplatforms even work, even then like you pointed out the 2nd and 3rd games didn't look all that grand like 1 did and they also didn't sell as much in the end.



                                       

We would have to wait longer to get basically the same system, so why do that? It could have release 1 or 2 years earlier.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

torok said:
JazzB1987 said:

Crysis 1 PC edition was the best looking game (not talking about effects hiding blocky world geometry here) until I dunno Killzone Shadowfall took the crown
(maybe it did not but at least it was the first game that could kinda compete with Crysis. (again NOT talking about shaders because modern shaders/effects simply didnt exist in 2007 games like Crysis 2 or Battlefield 3 look much worse than Crysis 1)

A lot of games look better than Crysis 1. Just to start, Crysis 2 and 3 and Metro Last Light. Killzone SF is way, way ahead of Crysis 1. Crysis 2 is substantialy ahead of C1 and C3 is a bit better than C3, that's on a similar level to Metro LL and SF.

That I disagree with. Crysis 2 was clearly  made with PS3/360 support in mind, as it was more limited in scale and complexity compared to its predecessor. 



curl-6 said:

That I disagree with. Crysis 2 was clearly  made with PS3/360 support in mind, as it was more limited in scale and complexity compared to its predecessor. 


Crysis 2/3 were made with PS360 in mind? The PC version had a lot, I mean a lot, of visual features that weren't on console. Like tesselation, global illumination, etc. That's even more ridiculous when we remeber that Crysis 1 was indeed ported to PS360!

 

Chazore said:

That and I also noticed to the fine eye that the assumption that 2 multiplatform games from the sam franchise were somehow much better than the exclusive original, that's not how multiplatforms even work, even then like you pointed out the 2nd and 3rd games didn't look all that grand like 1 did and they also didn't sell as much in the end.


Crysis 1 was ported, so we can assume PS360 could handle the game.



If it did, then 2 years later you would still be asking why they didnt just wait to get hardware capable of 4k.

The point is the old gen was pushed far beyond its limits and we NEEDED a new gen.

Unlike on PC, new hardware is irrelevant until Sony or MS say so.