Quantcast
Sony: 'No Concerns' for Holiday lineup

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: 'No Concerns' for Holiday lineup

I used to be content that having more lifetime sales then the other guy was literally more fun then who had better games. That WAS the game and it was GOTY imo :)

I imagine PS4 fans, like, the really devoted fans, feel the same way and are just content with the 3rd party games, plus the whole 1080>900p thing for good measure. I know Sony won't mind this year. Just throw in a bundle and marketing exclusivity for a few 3rd party games and they win. Case closed.

Now I see the light. I feel MS has been very good to its customers with its releases lately.



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

Around the Network

Serious question. I know Xbox One has Halo 5 being the headliner, with Fable Legends, and Forza 6 rounding it out. What does PS4 have announced so far that is a AAA retail game?



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

LordLichtenstein said:



To all of you who says, "who cares, PS4 will still outsell XBONE", what about all of us who owns a PS4, are we just going to except not getting any BIG games, because we partially help them become market leaders? It is like punishing us for buying their console. !


Well I don't see the majority of gamers switching because of the lack of first party titles

there are plenty of 3d party titles to choose from

I think the average buyer doesn't even know whats coming out and if it's first party or not

and sony knows that so they are in the sweet position to just release their games when they are ready



sales2099 said:
Serious question. I know Xbox One has Halo 5 being the headliner, with Fable Legends, and Forza 6 rounding it out. What does PS4 have announced so far that is a AAA retail game?


Ori and the Blind Forest isn't a AAA game. Yet it is the best game I've played so far this year. Sure enough, I haven't played everything. But the point is that a game doesn't need to be a AAA game to be excellent and offer a great experience.



  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81
Mr Puggsly said:
Rafie said:
Mr Puggsly said:
 

Really? Even Sony fans on this forum and complained about the Sony's 1st party thus far on PS4.

Killzone:SF was heavily criticized, Knack was panned, Infamous:SS got some praise but seems forgotten, Driveclub was panned, and The Order was panned. Sorry man, that's disappointing from a 1st party that's praised for having the best exclusives. Having a lot of 1st party games isn't worth much if you aren't delivering notable games.


Oh you were speaking just for the PS4. Wooooo! Okay. I thought you were being a you-know-what for not being objective. I can agree that Sony's 1st party THIS gen has been lackluster. Then again...so has Microsoft's! They're both in the same boat. Nintendo is the only one pumping notable 1st party games this gen thus far. I know that will change though.

A lot of PS3's 1st party line up was over rated but that definitely had some gems. Frankly, the only things motivating me to get a PS4 is more God of War and Naughty Dog sequels.

I'd argue MS is putting out more notable games with their IPs. But you'll disagree. I think MS fans are pretty happy, I think Nintendo fans are happy, but Sony fans seem the most underwhelmed with 1st party games they've been offered. But again, I'm sure you'll disagree. Sony failed to deliver many notable games on Vita as well. Which is strange for a company many believe offer the best exclusives.

It seems to me like MS lacked both quality and quantity in 7 gen. and that was one of the big reason many xbox player jumped over to playstation, because everyone knew what Sony First Party capable of in terms of pumping out games and supporting their system, and its quiet evident even this year. Since 7 gen Sony first party has delivered in terms of Variety, quality and quanitity, while MS has failed to so. Outside of Yearly Halo's Forza's what other notable IP they have delivered.

Well the good thing about Xbox fans, is that they are smart and migrated where the great games will be, that is playstation.



Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Serious question. I know Xbox One has Halo 5 being the headliner, with Fable Legends, and Forza 6 rounding it out. What does PS4 have announced so far that is a AAA retail game?

They'll probably push No Man's Sky as a retail release, other than that they have Tearaway and probably Until Dawn during the holidays, but I'd classify neither of those as AAA.

Everything else is kinda up in the air, maybe they'll have something hidden that they can still whip out for the holidays, maybe they'll rely on a pricecut and exclusive marketing for big titles like Star Wars alone.

I personally just hope that Persona 5 makes it this holiday season.



sales2099 said:
I used to be content that having more lifetime sales then the other guy was literally more fun then who had better games. That WAS the game and it was GOTY imo :)

I imagine PS4 fans, like, the really devoted fans, feel the same way and are just content with the 3rd party games, plus the whole 1080>900p thing for good measure. I know Sony won't mind this year. Just throw in a bundle and marketing exclusivity for a few 3rd party games and they win. Case closed.

Now I see the light. I feel MS has been very good to its customers with its releases lately.

Ever thought of writing dojinshi? I think you'd have the Knack for it



taus90 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

A lot of PS3's 1st party line up was over rated but that definitely had some gems. Frankly, the only things motivating me to get a PS4 is more God of War and Naughty Dog sequels.

I'd argue MS is putting out more notable games with their IPs. But you'll disagree. I think MS fans are pretty happy, I think Nintendo fans are happy, but Sony fans seem the most underwhelmed with 1st party games they've been offered. But again, I'm sure you'll disagree. Sony failed to deliver many notable games on Vita as well. Which is strange for a company many believe offer the best exclusives.

It seems to me like MS lacked both quality and quantity in 7 gen. and that was one of the big reason many xbox player jumped over to playstation, because everyone knew what Sony First Party capable of in terms of pumping out games and supporting their system, and its quiet evident even this year. Since 7 gen Sony first party has delivered in terms of Variety, quality and quanitity, while MS has failed to so. Outside of Yearly Halo's Forza's what other notable IP they have delivered.

Well the good thing about Xbox fans, is that they are smart and migrated where the great games will be, that is playstation.

I mean its ok to be biased but don't warp history to something it wasn't. 360 has literally hundreds more games rated 70 and above on metacritic that are not on PS3. Thats XBLA, 360/PC, and exclusives. It's there for you to see. That's quality and quantity right there. PS3 1st party pumped out more games, but many largely fell under the radar and merely served to fuel list wars. Naugty Dog were practically carrying PS3 in its later years.

"and its quiet evident even this year"

In 2015 neither Xbox or Playstation have released any major 1st party releases, except Bloodborne, which is one game, and isn't 1st party.

Your message is like you are a paid free PR guy by Sony. I mean I really hope you aren't serious with this message. PS4's lead is because of many factors: geographical brand loyalty, Xbox PR blunders, 1080p> 900p, former price parity and mandatory kinect, etc. 1st party games are actually not working in PS4's favor...... so far.



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

sales2099 said:
taus90 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
 

A lot of PS3's 1st party line up was over rated but that definitely had some gems. Frankly, the only things motivating me to get a PS4 is more God of War and Naughty Dog sequels.

I'd argue MS is putting out more notable games with their IPs. But you'll disagree. I think MS fans are pretty happy, I think Nintendo fans are happy, but Sony fans seem the most underwhelmed with 1st party games they've been offered. But again, I'm sure you'll disagree. Sony failed to deliver many notable games on Vita as well. Which is strange for a company many believe offer the best exclusives.

It seems to me like MS lacked both quality and quantity in 7 gen. and that was one of the big reason many xbox player jumped over to playstation, because everyone knew what Sony First Party capable of in terms of pumping out games and supporting their system, and its quiet evident even this year. Since 7 gen Sony first party has delivered in terms of Variety, quality and quanitity, while MS has failed to so. Outside of Yearly Halo's Forza's what other notable IP they have delivered.

Well the good thing about Xbox fans, is that they are smart and migrated where the great games will be, that is playstation.

I mean its ok to be biased but don't warp history to something it wasn't. 360 has literally hundreds more games rated 70 and above on metacritic that are not on PS3. Thats XBLA, 360/PC, and exclusives. It's there for you to see. That's quality and quantity right there. PS3 1st party pumped out more games, but many largely fell under the radar and merely served to fuel list wars. Naugty Dog were practically carrying PS3 in its later years.

"and its quiet evident even this year"

In 2015 neither Xbox or Playstation have released any major 1st party releases, except Bloodborne, which is one game, and isn't 1st party.

Your message is like you are a paid free PR guy by Sony. I mean I really hope you aren't serious with this message. PS4's lead is because of many factors: geographical brand loyalty, Xbox PR blunders, 1080p> 900p, former price parity and mandatory kinect, etc. 1st party games are actually not working in PS4's favor...... so far.

thank god you got it. I felt, I wasnt discreet enough. It was just an ironic reply to Mr Puggsly, that how his statement sounded wrapped under blanket of "opinion".

But neither its working for MS either.. "So Far"

The only reason I believe Sony is winning in sales is because of one thing they were bad in 7 gen, which was marketing and because of that many good games suffered and went under the radar. But this gen they have recitified that one gaping hole and have been spot on with marketing and promotions from day one.



3rd party must be looking forward to their holiday PS4 sales then by the sounds of it



                                                                                                                                        Above & Beyond