Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Submit Your Switch Friend Codes! Splatoon 2 Salmon Mode - July 21! ARMs 2v2 - June 16! MK8 Deluxe out April 28! Disgaea 5 - May 23! Fate/Extella, Kirby, Hey Pikmin, Miitopia and More

Are you getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Yes, and I own the Wii U version as well
Yes, but never got the Wii U version
Yes, once I get a Switch
Probably
Maybe
No, since I have the Wii U version
No, not interested
See Results
WoodenPints said:
John19 said:
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/16/rumor-a-user-may-have-gotten-the-nintendo-switch-early/
There's also a video of the systems UI

Seems likely he is from a review outlet as 14 days until launch is about right to give reviewers time to play the launch day games and get the reviews out hopefually a few days before launch especially with the size and time it may take to do majority of the stuff in Zelda :P

Actually, no. Well, yes, review outlets are starting to get the Switch (IGN posted a bunch of pics today), but that is a retail unit. Apparently, the guy walked into a store and he just got it.



NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code: 0173 - 1500 - 9032

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
WoodenPints said:

Seems likely he is from a review outlet as 14 days until launch is about right to give reviewers time to play the launch day games and get the reviews out hopefually a few days before launch especially with the size and time it may take to do majority of the stuff in Zelda :P

Actually, no. Well, yes, review outlets are starting to get the Switch (IGN posted a bunch of pics today), but that is a retail unit. Apparently, the guy walked into a store and he just got it.

Damn lol thats weird.



Volterra_90 said:
Slarvax said:
Gotta love how we have to rely on leaks and random people to get basic information on a system releasing in 2 weeks! Now I just need to know VC support and I'll be ready to make a decision on when to buy the damn thing.

Yeah, what the hell are they waiting for?

I don't understand you guys, they arent speaking because there's nothing to be said. What they have said is what you will get at launch, it's foolish to expect features to be there at launch despite them having said nothing about them. 



ktay95 said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, what the hell are they waiting for?

I don't understand you guys, they arent speaking because there's nothing to be said. What they have said is what you will get at launch, it's foolish to expect features to be there at launch despite them having said nothing about them. 

No VC at launch is... weird. But, yeah, maybe they're not planning anyrhing about it until later this year. I love VC so it's a bummer tbh.



ktay95 said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, what the hell are they waiting for?

I don't understand you guys, they arent speaking because there's nothing to be said. What they have said is what you will get at launch, it's foolish to expect features to be there at launch despite them having said nothing about them. 

I don't care if it's not at launch. I have lots of VC games on my Wii U and 3DS. Will I download them for free on the Switch? With a discount? Do I need to get an SD card to transfer them? Can digital games be shared across all users? Will there even be a VC at launch? How does the Switch connect to social media without a browser? 

I don't know. We don't know. And even if "there's nothing to be said", some stupid 2 minute video showcasing a Switch unboxing and setup would cost them nothing.



NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code: 0173 - 1500 - 9032

Slarvax said:
Gotta love how we have to rely on leaks and random people to get basic information on a system releasing in 2 weeks! Now I just need to know VC support and I'll be ready to make a decision on when to buy the damn thing.

Indeed, wayy to secretive for their own good :/



Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

              

 

 

Here lies the hidden threads. 

 | | | Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Slarvax said:
Gotta love how we have to rely on leaks and random people to get basic information on a system releasing in 2 weeks! Now I just need to know VC support and I'll be ready to make a decision on when to buy the damn thing.

Yea, how the menu looks is crucial information for me to buy a system.

While VC is a valid point, at the same time, I'm buying this thing to play games like Zelda, Sonic, ect. you know, new games, and I have other systems for the VC support anyways.



Not sure if this has already been confirmed, but apparently in Breath of the Wild, your horses can die in battle:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/274156-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-a-few-more-gameplay-tid

My guess is that the VC will tie heavily in with the paid online, on which Nintendo may still be deciding things. So maybe that's why they are keeping quiet on it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
My guess is that the VC will tie heavily in with the paid online, on which Nintendo may still be deciding things. So maybe that's why they are keeping quiet on it.

My thoughts as well, I think they said something about VC multiplayer modes via online?

My other guess would be that they would like to have GameCube games ready with the VC launch, but aren't ready



Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

              

 

 

Here lies the hidden threads. 

 | | | Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]