Quantcast
Locked: Safe to say the WiiU is worst selling Nintendo home console of all time.

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe to say the WiiU is worst selling Nintendo home console of all time.

Yes and it's fully deserved and if Nintendo hasn't learned anything from this for their next system then they also fully deserve to lose money on it again and to become even less relevant in the core gaming market.



Around the Network
Panther111 said:
Seems like nintendo has some bad karma... Or the wheel of fortune has been swaying against them... But for any time on the bottom of the wheel, it is always sure to turn.

I say their situation is due to lack of innovation and progress and gameplay, and resting on their laurels. The universe is telling nintendo to move forward with new ips and gameplay ideas, but they are too busy focusing on what was succesful before.

Seriously?

They always trying something new and different with their consoles, and almost every Nintendo game (expect NSMB) have more new gameplay ideas and progress than majority of other games in industry.

That's a reason why Nintendo games are still top quality great games.



This has been safe to say for some time; the key here is how long it has taken different users to come around to accepting it. There are still those who disagree though, there is even one that believes it will destroy the PS4.



End of 2016 hardware sales:

Wii U: 15 million. PS4: 54 million. One: 30 million. 3DS: 64.8 million. PSVita: 15.2 million.

All hail Shigeru Miyamoto.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Panther111 said:

I say their situation is due to lack of innovation and progress and gameplay, and resting on their laurels. The universe is telling nintendo to move forward with new ips and gameplay ideas, but they are too busy focusing on what was succesful before.


That theory might make sense if u didn't just describe basically every other publisher as well.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
AnthonyW86 said:
It won't just be the worst selling either, i think sometime from now it will be regarded as the eorst Nintendo home console overall.


Nah! WiiU does have some great games.... I much prefered it over the N64. Beside, if you include all the Nintendo back catalogue that was made available on the WiiU its a great console. It's simply not selling well.  


Everyone has his own preferences but i don't think many people will agree with you. Nintendo's first party offerings on N64 probably beat Wii-U's entire library, not to mention Rare's games or others.



Samus Aran said:
Panther111 said:
Seems like nintendo has some bad karma... Or the wheel of fortune has been swaying against them... But for any time on the bottom of the wheel, it is always sure to turn.

I say their situation is due to lack of innovation and progress and gameplay, and resting on their laurels. The universe is telling nintendo to move forward with new ips and gameplay ideas, but they are too busy focusing on what was succesful before.

You mean like every other gaming company?

Sony: 

Uncharted 4

TLOU2: one of the developers mentioned it on his linkedin profile.

TLOU Remastered.

GoW 3 Remastered.

Tearaway Unfolded.

Ratchet & Clank reboot.

GoW 4: has been confirmed somewhere.

Gran Turismo 6.

LittleBigPlanet 3.

Killzone: shadowfall.

Infamous Second Son.

MLB games.


What is with you and your hate on Sony?! Every thread that has something to do with one particular console and such, I see your post bad mouthing Sony...or for better choice of words, PlayStation. Do you dislike  them that much?! Where's your Xbox list?



PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

DerNebel said:
Yes and it's fully deserved and if Nintendo hasn't learned anything from this for their next system then they also fully deserve to lose money on it again and to become even less relevant in the core gaming market.

I am pretty sure that they learn they lessons with Wii U, they already started same their mistakes, expect that, last 1-2 years they announced many positive things.



AnthonyW86 said:
yvanjean said:


Nah! WiiU does have some great games.... I much prefered it over the N64. Beside, if you include all the Nintendo back catalogue that was made available on the WiiU its a great console. It's simply not selling well.  


Everyone has his own preferences but i don't think many people will agree with you. Nintendo's first party offerings on N64 probably beat Wii-U's entire library, not to mention Rare's games or others.


Who knows, nostalgia is crazy, 10-15 years from now Wii U may be heralded as one of the best and most underrated consoles ever similar to how Dreamcast & Gamecube get praised now despite nobody wanting them back when they were on the market.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Rafie said:

What is with you and your hate on Sony?! Every thread that has something to do with one particular console and such, I see your post bad mouthing Sony...or for better choice of words, PlayStation. Do you dislike  them that much?! Where's your Xbox list?

How is that a hate post?

Sorry I don't have the time to list every single company in existence. Read my first line "like every single gaming company". One example should suffice.

I don't even know what's wrong with making sequels to succesful franchises, but for some reason only Nintendo gets flack for it. Double standards...