Quantcast
Very Early FFXV Demo Impressions!

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Very Early FFXV Demo Impressions!

If the demo is this good, I can't imagine how great the final game will be



Around the Network
ParryWinkle said:
a lot of screen tear on the PS4 version tho..


Is there an analysis already or a comparison between the two versions?



Kowan said:
ParryWinkle said:
a lot of screen tear on the PS4 version tho..


Is there an analysis already or a comparison between the two versions?


Naw, the Frame issues are on both systems



...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

I don't even have a PS4 but I wanted to but Type 0 just to have a download code for the demo. XD



I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Ssliasil said:
Kowan said:


Is there an analysis already or a comparison between the two versions?


Naw, the Frame issues are on both systems


What about the screen tearing? One comments said it was absent in the Xbox 1 version.



Around the Network

If you like fast paced action games you will love the demo, but if you like Final Fantasy or slow paced JRPGs you wll probably hate it.



VXIII said:
vivster said:
When will people stop believing that the end game will differ significantly from a demo or a beta. Developers always get away with this shit.

"1080p/30 FPS resolution and frame rate combo remains the target for the full game, and the team will continue working hard to achieve that goal."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/20/final-fantasy-xv-demo-isnt-1080p-30-fps-on-ps4xbox-one-1080p30-fps-still-the-target-for-full-game/

It's so nice when developers have targets, isn't it?

I will buy 3 more copies of this game if the final game does not contain the same frame drops.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
VXIII said:
vivster said:
When will people stop believing that the end game will differ significantly from a demo or a beta. Developers always get away with this shit.

"1080p/30 FPS resolution and frame rate combo remains the target for the full game, and the team will continue working hard to achieve that goal."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/20/final-fantasy-xv-demo-isnt-1080p-30-fps-on-ps4xbox-one-1080p30-fps-still-the-target-for-full-game/

It's so nice when developers have targets, isn't it?

I will buy 3 more copies of this game if the final game does not contain the same frame drops.

It is nice.

This is not a case where the game is coming in one or two months after the demo / beta. the game is only 60% complete and still has a long way to go. It is possible that the game will have frame issue, sure. But making a judgment as of now doesn't make sense.

 

Mainline Final Fantasy games never lacked polish. ( leave LR out of this ) heh.



VXIII said:

It is nice.

This is not a case where the game is coming in one or two months after the demo / beta. the game is only 60% complete and still has a long way to go. It is possible that the game will have frame issue, sure. But making a judgment as of now doesn't make sense.

 

Mainline Final Fantasy games never lacked polish. ( leave LR out of this ) heh.

The engine already stands. the missing 40% are not optimization but content. Look at the FFXIII demo which also was based on an early build. Apart from the different menu design it was virtually the same as the final game.

And this is always the case. With every demo or "beta" nowadays. People let the devs get away with everything saying "All criticism is invalid because it's not the final build and everything will be better in the final game!". Which is pretty much never the case.

I don't really believe in the FF polish anymore after I've seen LR. It's a different time and the machines are weak. Devs these days just love to sacrifice performance for spectacle. And you know how much SE loves spectacle.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

i have said this before and I'll say it again, this is going to not only be the best FF game since FF7, its going to be the best RPG game for a while yet. Is a return to form for the franchise, its what a FF game should have been on hardware that can afford the vision.