Quantcast
Rock Band 4 not coming to Wii U because "the audience is not there"

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band 4 not coming to Wii U because "the audience is not there"

naruball said:
kitler53 said:
naruball said:
Guess it's one of those countless times that silly developers don't know any better, but forum people do. Guess we'll never know who's right. If they do release it for the wiiu and it flops, there will some kind of conspiracy involved.

because it's not their money.  when it's your money, your investment, your time and effort, your ability to eat and pay the morgage on the line,.. the risk assetsment evaluation becomes a much more meaningful decision than, "but i want it".

Yup. But no matter what they do, people will bash them for it. It's just so easy to type something than to take a huge financial risk. 

I agree....the stupidity in this thread baffles me. People are defending the game not coming to there system of choice with crazy conspiracies but how many would have bought it if it were to release on that said console? 



Around the Network

Rock Band and other games like Guitar Hero were just fads anyway. This whole thing is going to be flop imo. Once a fad dies, it dies.



Well it's been 20 pages of debate and controversy and I'm only getting onto this now to express my opinion.

And it is, well... I don't know.

I played a lot of Guitar Hero and Rock Band back in the day (owned all of the games except for the extreme cash-grabs in Smash Hits and Van Halen). Had a lot of fun with them. For about 3 years they consisted of probably more than 90% of my gaming time.

That said, I don't mind Guitar Hero being left as a thing of the past. I never felt like it should return since it was all downhill after the second one despite a few decent entries. Rock Band, on the other hand, was just always a blast to play, either alone, online or local multiplayer. It was so much better - there was a very good feel about that game. It's really hard to describe. It was magic.

While Rock Band 3 was the best game in the franchise, I usually look back to Rock Band 2 because it was the peak of my music gaming and by far the one I played the most. RB3 of course was also a bit dragged down by its bad attemps at innovating the genre, what with the whole "Pro" instruments and stuff. I always thought it was stupid for people to say "well why should I care about this game if I can just play music in real life", since Rock Band is a game and as such is a completely different experience - the "Pro" stuff was just a bad attempt at making the game and real life instruments more similar, and that should never be done. One is as game, the other one is not - and they should never try to make both work as one. In other words, I'm glad they're ditching out all that crap in Rock Band 4.

About it not coming to the Wii U, I have mixed feelings on that. While it's obvious that party games are a thing on the console and it would certainly sell better than a good chunk of the crappy third-party ports, I always saw the Xbox 360 as the "right" platform for Rock Band (probably just because it's where I played it on). I don't think it would sell too much on the Wii U despite having seen quite a lot of begging for it, and given the limited resources Harmonix is probably working with it's understandable.

But man would I want it to come to the console. If I could play that alongside all of my beloved Nintendo games on the Wii U, my life would be complete. If you're reading this Harmonix, know that here's someone willing to shell out $200 or however much I'd need to get this crap with all the plastic instruments (which hopefully are more durable than the last time I did that (talking about the guitar one specifically)).



snowdog said:
Well it was pretty pointless buying any Rock Band/Guitar Hero on any platform apart from the Wii last gen for my money. And if players are STILL going to be wired to their consoles the same can be said of the PS4 and Xbox One. The Wii SKUs of both of those franchises were much better because you weren't tethered to your console. We're in the 21st Century for gawd's sake, there's no excuse for not having a wireless guitar ffs.


I dont recall 360 version having wires but i could be wrong. THe only one i got was DJ Hero(love it) and that was wireless



mZuzek said:



About it not coming to the Wii U, I have mixed feelings on that. While it's obvious that party games are a thing on the console and it would certainly sell better than a good chunk of the crappy third-party ports, I always saw the Xbox 360 as the "right" platform for Rock Band (probably just because it's where I played it on). I don't think it would sell too much on the Wii U despite having seen quite a lot of begging for it, and given the limited resources Harmonix is probably working with it's understandable.



it isnt obvious at all becasue the little bit of party games that have been released on Wii U havent been doing too hot. Very non Ninty games on the system have been doing well and thats kind of the point. 

I'll take it one step further and say this whole genre and style is kinda dead and im not quite sure why they are trying to bring it back. It wont do great anyhwere.



Around the Network
snowdog said:
Well it was pretty pointless buying any Rock Band/Guitar Hero on any platform apart from the Wii last gen for my money. And if players are STILL going to be wired to their consoles the same can be said of the PS4 and Xbox One. The Wii SKUs of both of those franchises were much better because you weren't tethered to your console. We're in the 21st Century for gawd's sake, there's no excuse for not having a wireless guitar ffs.


Rock Band always had wireless guitars on PS3...



RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

oniyide said:

it isnt obvious at all becasue the little bit of party games that have been released on Wii U havent been doing too hot. Very non Ninty games on the system have been doing well and thats kind of the point. 

I'll take it one step further and say this whole genre and style is kinda dead and im not quite sure why they are trying to bring it back. It wont do great anyhwere.


I actually think Rock Band 4 will do well for Harmonix, there are lots of people such as myself who will be getting it just to bring my playlist over to the PS4 (or XB1). I currently keep my PS3 just for Rock Band because I do still enjoy playing the game.

The way Harmonix are doing it is perfect. A single release is all the generation needs, and then all the extra content via the store. That was one thing I really preferred with Rock Band last gen, porting your tracks out to the sequel. But yeah, why bother with a sequel at all really? (That was more an EA requirement I think, I'm sure Harmonix themselves would have been happy just rolling it all out as DLC)

I don't think the genre will ever hit it's lofty heights of 2007-2009 again, but there will definitely be an active enough userbase (and likely some newcomers) to make it worth while for a small independent studio.

2015 is looking like a fantastic year for Harmonix, what with Amplitude's reboot also coming.



RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

well its true.



oniyide said:
snowdog said:
Well it was pretty pointless buying any Rock Band/Guitar Hero on any platform apart from the Wii last gen for my money. And if players are STILL going to be wired to their consoles the same can be said of the PS4 and Xbox One. The Wii SKUs of both of those franchises were much better because you weren't tethered to your console. We're in the 21st Century for gawd's sake, there's no excuse for not having a wireless guitar ffs.


I dont recall 360 version having wires but i could be wrong. THe only one i got was DJ Hero(love it) and that was wireless


Guitar Hero 2 was wired, and I think the first Rock Band guitar on 360 might have been too. Due to MS having protection on the wireless for the 360.



RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I think It's the right call. XBox One sales are going to continue climbing and should really start to outpace the Wii U by the holiday season. Between the PS4 and XB1 sales should be healthy.

Also no third party game outside of ZombiU has even come close to selling one million on the Wii U, unless you count Lego City Undercover but that was published by Nintendo themselves.



It's just that simple.