Quantcast
The Order 1886 is Ryse Son of Rome

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order 1886 is Ryse Son of Rome

That's the first think I thought of when finishing the game. "Holy shit... This is rise, isn't it?"



Well, this is new.

Read.

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
Sharpryno said:
Don't remember Ryse being really hyped. Just hated on by trolls who never played it.

Bought it for $10 on Steam and not a single regret.
It was also a launch game so I wasn't expecting something incredible. People were with the Order in some ways.

If the Order was about $40 at launch like it should have been the hype would have not been so ridiculously high. People defending its short gameplay just surprised me.

What hype?  There were SO many negative articles compared to positive ones.  Like where are people getting this "hype" for the order from?  Most seemed to be expecting 60-70 metascore.


From Sony fans.

And no, the majority expected 70-80

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196871&page=1



jlmurph2 said:
platformmaster918 said:

What hype?  There were SO many negative articles compared to positive ones.  Like where are people getting this "hype" for the order from?  Most seemed to be expecting 60-70 metascore.


From Sony fans.

And no, the majority expected 70-80

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196871&page=1

alright so pretty appropriate levels of hype.  If people were overhyped they'd be expecting TLoU levels of critical acclaim.  That's within a margin of error anticipating Meta scores.  Plus you can never predict those crazy 20s dragging it down.  Negative press has to be taken into account when saying how hyped a game was.




Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
jlmurph2 said:


From Sony fans.

And no, the majority expected 70-80

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196871&page=1

alright so pretty appropriate levels of hype.  If people were overhyped they'd be expecting TLoU levels of critical acclaim.  That's within a margin of error anticipating Meta scores.  Plus you can never predict those crazy 20s dragging it down.  Negative press has to be taken into account when saying how hyped a game was.

As a matter of fact, looking again the majority was about 73-85. With a few overhyped guys expecting over 85.



Like Ryse, expect The Order to disappear from threads in a hurry, at least being mentioned as a cornerstone for PS4 exclusives.

That said, expect Bloodborne to be hyped to higher levels due to the developers having a proven track record for quality.



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

Around the Network

Completely agree. Both seem to be there to just show off the power of the console. It's absolutely sickening that a company can charge $60 for a 7-10 hour tech demo of which 1-2 hours are cutscenes or QTEs, and still have people defending them.

If both games had been $30, they would have been much easier pills to swallow. As it is, both Sony and Microsoft deserve the ire they are getting at these games, and then some.



                                                                                                               You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

Completely agree. Both seem to be there to just show off the power of the console. It's absolutely sickening that a company can charge $60 for a 7-10 hour tech demo of which 1-2 hours are cutscenes or QTEs, and still have people defending them.

If both games had been $30, they would have been much easier pills to swallow. As it is, both Sony and Microsoft deserve the ire they are getting at these games, and then some.


Whether you like the game or not, people didnt make it for free.

A games length does not necessarily imply a greater amount of expenditure, but on the other hand, it does take a lot of resources to create a game as technically good as 1886, even if it is 7-10 hours long.

The reality is that investments dont always pay off (especially on new IP's), but im glad Sony keeps investing in new IP's.

Drakes fortune was very similar to this game.. short campaign, no online, linear gameplay.... but look where the uncharted series is now. This is just the beginning for ready at dawn. I'm sure they will use the money from this to build on the engine they have, hire more staff and make something on the level of ND or santa monica.



fps_d0minat0r said:
VanceIX said:

Completely agree. Both seem to be there to just show off the power of the console. It's absolutely sickening that a company can charge $60 for a 7-10 hour tech demo of which 1-2 hours are cutscenes or QTEs, and still have people defending them.

If both games had been $30, they would have been much easier pills to swallow. As it is, both Sony and Microsoft deserve the ire they are getting at these games, and then some.


Whether you like the game or not, people didnt make it for free.

A games length does not necessarily imply a greater amount of expenditure, but on the other hand, it does take a lot of resources to create a game as technically good as 1886, even if it is 7-10 hours long.

The reality is that investments dont always pay off (especially on new IP's), but im glad Sony keeps investing in new IP's.

Drakes fortune was very similar to this game.. short campaign, no online, linear gameplay.... but look where the uncharted series is now. This is just the beginning for ready at dawn. I'm sure they will use the money from this to build on the engine they have, hire more staff and make something on the level of ND or santa monica.

lol, did you really just compare Uncharted to the Order 1886? Uncharted had much more gameplay and replayability than this game. The Order 1886 is more like a glorified interactable movie.

Not to mention, the price will doubtlessly fall anyway after the negative feedback reahes most consumers. It'll drop steeply in price or be offered free with deals and such just like Ryse was. 

Companies should price their games in a way that reflects content. I don't care how pretty the game is, people don't buy games to be amazed by a technical demo. Ryse and the Order had no business being $60 for less than 10 hours of content, it's highway robbery, and should not be defended. The game would have been received much more warmly and probably still made a profit if it was decently priced. Now the entire franchise is dead in the water before it ever even took off.



                                                                                                               You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Dying Light is a great game.



jlmurph2 said:
platformmaster918 said:

alright so pretty appropriate levels of hype.  If people were overhyped they'd be expecting TLoU levels of critical acclaim.  That's within a margin of error anticipating Meta scores.  Plus you can never predict those crazy 20s dragging it down.  Negative press has to be taken into account when saying how hyped a game was.

As a matter of fact, looking again the majority was about 73-85. With a few overhyped guys expecting over 85.

exactly few.  We're in agreement there




Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers