Quantcast
should i buy a gamecube?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - should i buy a gamecube?

Seems like i wont get one then if the games are gonna look as bad that. I though using a scart cable or av composite they might look at least how they were supossed too



Around the Network

All old low definition games look horrible on a High Definition TV.  

If you want to play Gamecube games, just play the ones that are available on the Wii.



Nogamez said:
Seems like i wont get one then if the games are gonna look as bad that. I though using a scart cable or av composite they might look at least how they were supossed too

Again why do you need to get one.  You said you have a Wii.  You can play like 99% of all gamecube games throuhg the Wii.

Just buy a gamecube controller and your set to go.



buy a wii with a GC controller.

If graphics bother you and you have money, buy a pc and emulate them with dolphin. 

(But make sure most the games you want to play will work with Dolphin).



Do yourself a favor and if you have good PC, install Dolphin emulator, set fullscreen resolution to 1080p, internal resolution to 3x, check Scaled EFB copy, Pex-Pixel Lighting, Force Texture Filtering and be amazed (sprinkle with AA and AF for additional effect).

I still have Wii hooked to old CRT TV, so it's not so bad, but games look considerably better in Dolphin. And given you want to emulate GC, you won't have to mess around with setting up Wiimote on PC, just plug in any PC gamepad, configure it and you're good to go.



Around the Network

My wii has no slots for controllers that i can see and i dont have a pc im afraid. I keep hearing good things anout dolphin though. Wish.nintendo would just hd a load of gc games



Nogamez said:
My wii has no slots for controllers that i can see and i dont have a pc im afraid. I keep hearing good things anout dolphin though. Wish.nintendo would just hd a load of gc games


or maybe you have the wii mini? (witch isn't backwards compadible)



Chevinator123 said:
Nogamez said:
My wii has no slots for controllers that i can see and i dont have a pc im afraid. I keep hearing good things anout dolphin though. Wish.nintendo would just hd a load of gc games


or maybe you have the wii mini? (witch isn't backwards compadible)

 

Nintendo released a new model of the Wii late into the console lifecycle, the Family Edition (it was 2011). For whatever fucking reason, they removed backwards compatibility from that model. That's what the OP probably has. I find that a rather dick move from Nintendo, but oh well.



artur-fernand said:

Nintendo released a new model of the Wii late into the console lifecycle, the Family Edition (it was 2011). For whatever fucking reason, they removed backwards compatibility from that model. That's what the OP probably has. I find that a rather dick move from Nintendo, but oh well.

what?? that sucks, did not know that



artur-fernand said:

Nintendo released a new model of the Wii late into the console lifecycle, the Family Edition (it was 2011). For whatever fucking reason, they removed backwards compatibility from that model. That's what the OP probably has. I find that a rather dick move from Nintendo, but oh well.

Maybe, but it was certainly based on the fact that few people used that function and the ports only confused the majority of owners. Still pretty stupid to have a BC console and not have the connections.