Quantcast
1080p30fps vs 720p60fps

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p30fps vs 720p60fps

?

1080p 30fps 258 37.34%
 
720p 60fps 393 56.87%
 
lol vidu gamez r 4 chums 36 5.21%
 
Total:687

60fps easy.



Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:

Which do you prefer and why?

I personally think 720p 60fps is better

I would rather have smoother gameplay than better looking textures...

But what says you? (Is that even English...)

The phrase is what say you.

60fps.



Delicious, delicious games.

Except for twitch shooters, 1080p30 as at least on the big screen I notice 720p to 1080p a lot more than 30fps to 60fps.



NitroCrafter14 said:
Except for twitch shooters, 1080p30 as at least on the big screen I notice 720p to 1080p a lot more than 30fps to 60fps.

Is that humanly possible?



NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Couldn't care less for most games. FPS and racing games I'll take the 60 FPS though.



                                                                                                               You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

720p:

 

1080p:

I'm just not seeing this major gap in visibility.

On the other hand: http://30vs60fps.com/



1080.

If two people play a game at 60fps, they dont have a competitive advantage anyway.
But if two people play a game at 720p, it just looks shit for both of them.

In single player games where there is no question of competitiveness, you might as well got for the eye candy with 1080p as well.

Thats from a console perspective.



curl-6 said:

720p:

 

1080p:

I'm just not seeing this major gap in visibility.

On the other hand: http://30vs60fps.com/

That isn't a very fair comparison of course. You'll need to look at them at different pixel densities (on a larger screen) to get a better idea of the difference. 

I mean on my 22 inch monitor I can't tell a huge difference between (1600x900) 900p and 1080p at 2 feet away for most games, albeit there is a difference in blur if I try to look for it. On my 55 inch HDTV the difference is like night and day at 5-7 feet away, and that is only 900p vs. 1080p, not 720p vs. 1080p. 



sc94597 said:
curl-6 said:

720p:

 

1080p:

I'm just not seeing this major gap in visibility.

On the other hand: http://30vs60fps.com/

That isn't a very fair comparison of course. You'll need to look at them at different pixel densities (on a larger screen) to get a better idea of the difference. 

I mean on my 22 inch monitor I can't tell a huge difference between (1600x900) 900p and 1080p at 2 feet away for most games, albeit there is a difference in blur if I try to look for it. On my 55 inch HDTV the difference is like night and day at 5-7 feet away, and that is only 900p vs. 1080p, not 720p vs. 1080p. 

You can zoom the images to fill your screen if you like, that's what I did.



curl-6 said:
sc94597 said:

That isn't a very fair comparison of course. You'll need to look at them at different pixel densities (on a larger screen) to get a better idea of the difference. 

I mean on my 22 inch monitor I can't tell a huge difference between (1600x900) 900p and 1080p at 2 feet away for most games, albeit there is a difference in blur if I try to look for it. On my 55 inch HDTV the difference is like night and day at 5-7 feet away, and that is only 900p vs. 1080p, not 720p vs. 1080p. 

You can zoom the images to fill your screen if you like, that's what I did.

I mean you'll have to be zooming on an HDTV to notice a huge difference. Pixel density is just as important as pixel count for clarity. It is kind of like if somebody were trying to see the difference between say 30 fps and 60 fps on a 30hz monitor. Of course you won't see a huge difference, if anything at all. That is probably why people see a larger difference between 480p and 720p than 720p and 1080p despite the proportional increase (3 vs. 2.25 times) in pixels being significant in both cases. 480p was already dated for the size/distances from TV ration, whereas a lot of people have TV's that don't entail a significant ability to perceive the change in clarity for the latter case.