Quantcast
Xbox One back at $349 from tomorrow!

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One back at $349 from tomorrow!

Seece said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

well then :P
guess I am gladly wrong

(they are gonna lose lots of money though with this)

Who actually cares? They make 5 billion dollars per quarter.

well, presumably microsoft's shareholders care. people have been vocal about pressuring nadella to drop or spin off the xbox operation altogether... in fact, there were business articles not too long after he took over speculating that that's precisely what he would do. they've cut off products before (zune), and they would have cut off surface if the surface 3 hadn't been a moderate success and carved out its own little niche ("laptop replacement"). xbox one, financially, is not a success for them by any means. and by nadella's own reckoning, microsoft needs to focus on "cloud first, mobile first." i do not see how xbox fits into that equation--and by cloud he means cloud-based enterprise solutions/tech consulting, not xbox live.



Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
shikamaru317 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

well then :P
guess I am gladly wrong

(they are gonna lose lots of money though with this)

Are they though? As far as I know this is going to be the standard edition they're selling for $350, most of the AC bundle stock has been cleared out and I don't think retailers are getting more in. It cost less than $400 to manufacture an Xbox One at release, more than a year later you'd think the manufacturing cost would be down to about $350. Not to mention the fact that MS makes money on game and accessory sales and XBL subs. Surely the Xbox division as a whole will still be profitable. 

Selling the most software out of all 8th gen consoles helps profit too.

Yeah let's not pat ourselves too much on the back for that, there are mote than enough games included in that number that they didn't make anything on.



fireburn95 said:
Lol smart business move, increase the price to $399 for 8 days, fuck up those couple hundred thosand who bought it during then by decreasing the price days later

Every retailer in the US offers price matching within at least 14 days of purchase.

Anyone who doesn't receive the difference back didn't try to get it back.



shikamaru317 said:
Greenbeans said:
Bravo, Xbox One. You needed to be cut 150 dollars in just over a year to sell well.

$50. Xbox One isn't bundled with Kinect anymore.


Pardon me. 

Bravo, Xbox One, you needed to cut 150 dollars of value to try to sell well. Cutting Kinect didn't work. Who says this will. XP



riecsou said:
Xbox One became the best-selling console in the U.S. in November and December and weekly average sales during these months outpaced Xbox 360 by 50 percent at the same point in its lifecycle.*
can someone do the math and find out NPd number for December for the Xbox 1


This is the thread you are looking for.



Around the Network
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:

Selling the most software out of all 8th gen consoles helps profit too.

Yeah let's not pat ourselves too much on the back for that, there are mote than enough games included in that number that they didn't make anything on.


Like what?



Pretty much confirms ms know they can't compete in the us. Why is the cut only America? Will they not put up a fight elsewhere?



ZombieVito said:
I really hope Sony lowers the price or introduces a 1TB PS4.

They kind of already did. TLOU remastered comes free with all PS4s in the US now.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

OfficerRaichu15 said:

well according to this

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/29/the-deanbeat-the-xbox-one-cost-471-to-make-the-ps4-costs-381-and-why-this-matters-in-the-long-run/

it costed $471 with the kinect

now since it doesnt have it it cost about $371(I think the kiect is about $100 back then maybe a couple dollars more than that but around that range)

so I believe they are losing $21 on it(not as much as I thought which is good but they are still losing money by doing this)

That's not really a loss then. Sell one game or extra controller or XBL Gold subscription and they are in profit.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

OfficerRaichu15 said:

well according to this

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/29/the-deanbeat-the-xbox-one-cost-471-to-make-the-ps4-costs-381-and-why-this-matters-in-the-long-run/

it costed $471 with the kinect

now since it doesnt have it it cost about $371(I think the kiect is about $100 back then maybe a couple dollars more than that but around that range)

so I believe they are losing $21 on it(not as much as I thought which is good but they are still losing money by doing this)

Microsoft sells 1 game and recovers that much.

not going into accessories, profit heaven.