Quantcast
I hate the last of us.

Forums - Sony Discussion - I hate the last of us.

d21lewis said:
Clyde32 said:
I'm not very fond of the game myself, but it's still a good game.

Could it be that the reason you 'hate' the game is that the game competes with some of your favorite games? Even to go as far as nitpick the game?


You know, I love the new Tomb Raider.  Love the fuck out of it.  In some threads, people attacked it for having canned death animations when you stealth or melee kill an enemy, for Lara surviving a nail in her side, or for enemies sharing the same face.  All were legit gripes, I guess....but then I said "Hey!  These other acclaimed games have the exact same problems and nobody calls them out!"

 

I think, depending on loyalties, some people play games (even great games) just looking for something--anything--to complain about.  After four playthroughs, the OP doesn't hate TLoU.  He friggin' loves it and it pisses him off as much as it pissed me off!!

Sometimes when I kill people in last of us, they spin out like a human frisbee.  I wasn't looking for anything to complain about.  When I was doing survivor mode, and I had almost no bullets, and almost no supplies, no health packets, or anything, I didn't blame the game for it, it was survivor mode.  I always play through once on normal to learn the game first, then I crank it up to maximum difficulty the next time, if I wanna do it again.

Grounded costs 5 bucks, so they can keep it.

I'm just annoyed most by the games odd behaviors that I know shouldn't be happening.  People are shooting, why are you not running?  I can understand being counter hit for swining a pipe too early. I can understand getting shot for sticking my head out too long.  But why does Joel feel so slow?  Because he's not running when I need him to and it's getting me killed.

Then, that idiot Henry is running circles around the enemy while I'm trying to strangle another.  Why is his AI so stupid that he can't help me?  I wont even complain about the bad aim, or the bullets fired by them being weaker.  At least do something so they don't get a clear shot on me.

There's no manual, and the digial one is like... 2 pages?...



Around the Network

Haha, you play through a game that you hate for the third time? Seems like you don't hate it that much, lol.

I finished many of my favourite games only once.



episteme said:
Haha, you play a game that you hate for the third time? Seems like you don't hate it that much, lol.

I finished many of my favourite games only once.


I'm on my 11th play-through of Beyond: Two Souls....  But that game I like.  But, then again, I hadn't played it in over a year.



Yeah i played it on Ps4 great story,good graphics,decent gameplay. Certainly over-rated though



Yet you are in your third run...
And there is nothing wrong with the running button, you just can't use it sometimes and other times you are in no real need to go running like a beast.



Around the Network
Nogamez said:
Yeah i played it on Ps4 great story,good graphics,decent gameplay. Certainly over-rated though


Well, when all you play is CoD and Madden, it was the best thing ever, I'd imagine.  But, what would I know?  I've never owned a CoD game before, and the only Madden games I own (but don't play) are on Sega Genesis.



BraLoD said:
Yet you are in your third run...
And there is nothing wrong with the running button, you just can't use it sometimes and other times you are in no real need to go running like a beast.

Sniper in the house, I kinda have to...



Burning Typhoon said:
BraLoD said:
Yet you are in your third run...
And there is nothing wrong with the running button, you just can't use it sometimes and other times you are in no real need to go running like a beast.

Sniper in the house, I kinda have to...

Maybe it's a problem with your game, because I'm pretty sure you are able to run there.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSA_sWGM44

I was listening to this while reading the thread.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus.



"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Haven't had any of those issues personally.