Quantcast
What lessons did Nintendo learn this gen you think?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What lessons did Nintendo learn this gen you think?

Not sure they've learned anything until I see what they do with their next console.



Around the Network

Man dey ain't learned shit



Soundwave said:
Twilord said:
That the masses lack the vision to understand the benefit of things like the gamepad to core gaming and pathetic advertising doesn't help.

That side-stepping your rivals pissing contests might feel good but it doesn't help with the teenage market.

That third parties do matter to your appearance even if historically they don't actually sell or score as well as your stuff, even when exclusive and from hard workers.


Apparently Nintendo's own dev teams lack the vision to understand the gamepad too, as 3/4 of their own internal games barely use the gamepad in any type of interesting way. I mean seriously, the most inventive use they could think of for it in Mario Kart was this:

Which is hillarious. Giant horn. 


I totally agree with the view that things like Mario Maker (for touch control demonstration) and Kirby Rainbow Curse (for asymmetric play) should have been lauch titles but lets not pretend every game needs it tacked on to prove the worth of a console that doesn't even need a television for some of its games. Besides the Gamepad definitively improved Wind-Waker and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (ignoring the other improvements I mean).

 

 

Also in my case the browser dwarves the different tablets we have and allows for incredible ease of searching and streaming to the TV.



NobleTeam360 said:
Not sure they've learned anything until I see what they do with their next console.

This. We'll see what they've learned by their approach to the next consoles.



they learned if they release their console at the same time as the competitor they will win.



Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I also hope they learn that New Super Mario Bros should have a different art style or a significant graphical update like the 3D or 2.5D series. I mean these are one of the highest selling Mario games for their respective system and they look too damn similar! /upset rant



kljesta64 said:
they learned if they release their console at the same time as the competitor they will win.


Actually yes. Let their rivals underwhelm while they hit hard with a Zelda/Kart launch and a Smash/Metroid holiday, followed up by Xenoblade Z and Super Mario 3D Galaxy in the new year; maybe a Fire-Emblem to fill the gap before (if it proves itself) Splatoon 2 rings in the Summer; a N64 HD Remix just in time for E3 would also be pretty epic for setting the tone. Get them all ready ages in advance of the console launch too!



TheGoldenBoy said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Not sure they've learned anything until I see what they do with their next console.

This. We'll see what they've learned by their approach to the next consoles.


I suspect the approach will initially anger people because there won't be a "next console" in the traditional sense. But they'll get over it once they see the games in action. 

Same thing happened with the Wii, the online fanbase had a meltdown when (then NOA higher up) Perrin Kaplan in a interview stated that the Revolution would only be about 2-3x more powerful than the GameCube. People  tried to say she was crazy, didn't know what she was talking about, Iwata promised graphics that would make you say "wow", etc. etc. lol. 

Funny times. In retrospect actually her claim of 2-3x the GameCube was actually probably overstated, the Wii was really like maybe a 50% boost over the GCN with 3x the RAM. 



They have learned that whatever they do, be it give what people want/not, a success/not, innovation/not they will always be doomed, until they're actually bankrupt, which is more doom. . . . . even when gaining profits, still doom. lol



             

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Twilord said:
kljesta64 said:
they learned if they release their console at the same time as the competitor they will win.

Actually yes. Let their rivals underwhelm while they hit hard with a Zelda/Kart launch and a Smash/Metroid holiday, followed up by Xenoblade Z and Super Mario 3D Galaxy in the new year; maybe a Fire-Emblem to fill the gap before (if it proves itself) Splatoon 2 rings in the Summer; a N64 HD Remix just in time for E3 would also be pretty epic for setting the tone. Get them all ready ages in advance of the console launch too!

More Nintendo games won't get anyone but big Nintendo fans to buy their next console, no matter how highly rated they may be.