Quantcast
How many of you who mainly game on a Pc can run all games on Ultra @ 1080P/60fps?

Forums - PC Discussion - How many of you who mainly game on a Pc can run all games on Ultra @ 1080P/60fps?

Conina said:
Mr.Playstation said:
JazzB1987 said:
TBH whats the point of ultra? Its not like you need ultra or very high to make it look better than current gen. Also there is barely a difference in visuals anyway. I never played a game at ultra settings because there is no point in doing so.

I prefer framerate and resolution over ultra settings.

That's not what the general population of Pc gamers think, as can be somewhat seen by this thread with many wanting to upgrade their Pc to get ultra settings on any game.

Do you REALLY think people writing in a forum of a website about videogame-statistics are representative to "the general population of PC gamers"? *ROFL*

Most people on PCs are interested in graphics, otherwise what's the use. Even on steam reviews are given on graphics and games are called console ports if they only allow you to change the resolution. One such game is South park: The stick of truth which is criticised for being 30fps and only allowing you to change the resolution. Nobody mentioned the fact that it is extremely optimized and controls well.



We all know Sony domination is a real thing and there is nothing Microsoft or Nintendo can do about it....

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

Most people on PCs are interested in graphics, otherwise what's the use. Even on steam reviews are given on graphics and games are called console ports if they only allow you to change the resolution. One such game is South park: The stick of truth which is criticised for being 30fps and only allowing you to change the resolution. Nobody mentioned the fact that it is extremely optimized and controls well.

Ever heard of the term "vocal minority"? And there are many other advantages in PC gaming besides graphics and power.



Mr.Playstation said:

Most people on PCs are interested in graphics, otherwise what's the use. Even on steam reviews are given on graphics and games are called console ports if they only allow you to change the resolution. One such game is South park: The stick of truth which is criticised for being 30fps and only allowing you to change the resolution. Nobody mentioned the fact that it is extremely optimized and controls well.


No need to reply people who dislike the thread from the beginning. This might have hit a soft spot. Better to avoid.



Conina said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Most people on PCs are interested in graphics, otherwise what's the use. Even on steam reviews are given on graphics and games are called console ports if they only allow you to change the resolution. One such game is South park: The stick of truth which is criticised for being 30fps and only allowing you to change the resolution. Nobody mentioned the fact that it is extremely optimized and controls well.

Ever heard of the term "vocal minority"? And there are many other advantages in PC gaming besides graphics and power.


Yes, but let me just tell you that most actually do care about graphics and if steam is a vocal minority than PC gaming doesn't exist since physical sales are practical non-existant.

What other advantages? PC gaming is rarely cheaper than console gaming. Yeah you can do more with a gaming PC but you can also do the same stuff with a cheap Netbook and who doesn't have at least one PC already these days.



We all know Sony domination is a real thing and there is nothing Microsoft or Nintendo can do about it....

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:
JazzB1987 said:
TBH whats the point of ultra? Its not like you need ultra or very high to make it look better than current gen. Also there is barely a difference in visuals anyway. I never played a game at ultra settings because there is no point in doing so.

I prefer framerate and resolution over ultra settings.

That's not what the general population of Pc gamers think, as can be somewhat seen by this thread with many wanting to upgrade their Pc to get ultra settings on any game.


I also want to upgrade my PC. But there was no reason to do so in the last 5 years. Sure I like a game to look nice but when I cannot see the difference while I am actually playing the game there is no point in having something on ultra unless it has no impact on the performance.


I use everything on ultra when I want to take my time to enjoy the vistas in some games and when I want to take screenshots. But playing on ultra when you cant see the difference is just wasting performance on nonsense.

As long as I can play it without having bad framerate I put everything as high as possible as long as it has an actual benefit.

As soon as I prefer visuals over gameplay I stop being a gamer.





Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Conina said:

Ever heard of the term "vocal minority"? And there are many other advantages in PC gaming besides graphics and power.

Yes, but let me just tell you that most actually do care about graphics and if steam is a vocal minority than PC gaming doesn't exist since physical sales are practical non-existant.

You are doing it again. Only a very small fraction of Steam users will ever post in the Steam forum, the majority will buy and play their games without writing about it. The same goes for the majority of console, handheld and mobile gamers.

Mr.Playstation said:

What other advantages? PC gaming is rarely cheaper than console gaming. Yeah you can do more with a gaming PC but you can also do the same stuff with a cheap Netbook and who doesn't have at least one PC already these days.

Free choice of the controller (gamepad, mouse, keyboard, touch screen, flight sticks...), free choice of the game setup (some prefer better resolution, others prefer higher framerates, others prefer better antialiasing, others prefer better special effects, others prefer multi-monitor-widescreen-gaming, others prefer stereoscopic gaming, others prefer to game on more moblie devices like gaming laptops, ultrabooks, netbooks or even windows tablets...) instead of the one-size-fits-all-approach in console gaming, indie bundles, playing older games in the best possible way without rebuying "remastered" editions, modding, total conversions like Nehrim, emulation, point&click-adventures...



Lawlight said:
Captain_Tom said:

Weighing a forth as much as a "Desktop Replacement" and having an all-day battery life is massively different.  Laptops are meant to be portable in my world (And most other peoples').  I had a bulky laptop, and then I got a netbook (Which are just as fast at everything but gaming) because i needed to be able to bring a laptop to class easily - my god it was so much better.  Sell the portable-anchor and then get a desktop - You will be much happier because that is clearly what you really want.


Desktops are useless - you can't carry it with you when travelling and it takes up a lot of space. I have a netbook too and it's way too weak for how I use my PC. There's a good reason why you don't get a desktop or netbook for work.


You can make desktops now that are the same size as large laptops, and they are cheaper and stronger as well.  Hell my desktop fits in a cary-on suitcase and it is big enough for CrossFire.

Netbooks have gotten a ton better lately, there are even gaming ones that sacrice nothing (Unless screen size is a problem - sit closer!).



daredevil.shark said:
NightmareCash said:
daredevil.shark said:
Nice thread. After reading the response I feel good at my decision to be console only this gen (last gen I was PC and PS3). Better get a decent laptop (for email and normal stuff) instead of gaming rig this gen.


Why?


I dont like indies. Most of them are garbage. I have never played a few games that I purchased from steam / origin. I am not a graphics junkie anymore. Its an expensive hobby. Evey time a new GPU came out (in past) I felt I need to buy it and it wasnt good financially. So PC is out of question. Happy with PS4. Now I am thinking to get Wii U / Xbox One for exclusives.

 

Don´t get Xbox One. Dead Rising 3 and Ryse already on PC.



NightmareCash said:
daredevil.shark said:
NightmareCash said:
daredevil.shark said:
Nice thread. After reading the response I feel good at my decision to be console only this gen (last gen I was PC and PS3). Better get a decent laptop (for email and normal stuff) instead of gaming rig this gen.


Why?


I dont like indies. Most of them are garbage. I have never played a few games that I purchased from steam / origin. I am not a graphics junkie anymore. Its an expensive hobby. Evey time a new GPU came out (in past) I felt I need to buy it and it wasnt good financially. So PC is out of question. Happy with PS4. Now I am thinking to get Wii U / Xbox One for exclusives.

 

Don´t get Xbox One. Dead Rising 3 and Ryse already on PC.

Yup.. I've played both Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood on my PC. Maybe Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, etc. will soon come to PC as well. Only reason for me to buy the XB1 in the near future is if Rise of the Tomb Raider stays exclusive for good.



I can play all my games at 1080P and 60 FPS with a few exceptions. Total War: Rome 2, with thousands of units on screen at once slows down to 30 or so, and a few poorly optimized games.

i5 4690k, GTX 970 OC, 8 GB RAM, 1TB HDD