Quantcast
FFXV will revive SQ and the JRPG genre, will sell over 10 million on PS4 alone

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXV will revive SQ and the JRPG genre, will sell over 10 million on PS4 alone

rpgmaniac said:
The guy who made this thread is obviously delusional, it might reach 6-7m combined sales PS4/XBO & that's it, some people mostly young in age think that because they get excited when they watch trailers from FFXV because it have pretty graphics & Advent Children-like combat the same apply to any FF fan out there, well that's not true, not every FF fan out there is hyped like some young FF fans who find FFXV "cool" me especially I'm not excited at all & I don't like that battle system at all I prefer turn based battle system over this button mashing shit ala-KH FFXV have anyday because I like to use my brain during battles & use a strategy not just spam buttons on everything moving around in order to win.

FFXIII sold 7m with a rather mixed reception from fans. Not only that but it went on to sell another 1m a year after release. To say that FFXV cant sell over 7m is you being uninformed or just blind hate for the game.



Around the Network

Thinking about it. XV has the potential to be VII-like for the franchise. It is a big step forward, the game could attract new audience just like VII did. So  Gilgamesh prediction is not impossible.

I maintain my prediction of 8M LT. 6.5M on PS4 and 1.5 on Xbox.



ktay95 said:

FFXIII sold 7m with a rather mixed reception from fans. Not only that but it went on to sell another 1m a year after release. To say that FFXV cant sell over 7m is you being uninformed or just blind hate for the game.

The only reason FFXIII sold what it sold was because FF fans trusted blindy SE back then & get it w/o first to read some reviews & watch some trailers, FFXIII had record-breaking numbers of refounds in case u didn't know it, also what happen with the 2 sequels that follow? after everyone saw how crap FFXIII was the sale plummet XIII-2 sold just 1/3 of FFXIII sales & LR not even 1 million why that happen? because FFXIII was absolute shit & the 70%+ who play it hate it so open your eyes & don't tell me that I'm uninformed be sure that I'm more informed that some blind fanboys like your self will ever be, also don't be so sure that FF fans forget & forgive all the shit SE pull till now, I will be here few months after game launch & we will see then who is truly uninformed & who is a blind stupid fanboy that keep on licking SE @ss no matter what they did & no matter how crap they treat their fans.

 

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast



10 mill on a single platform seems too high, but I'm sure it'll do very well.

I personally haven't given FF a second look since XIII, which I hated, and I was never the biggest fan in the world of the franchise, but I'm pretty hyped for this one. The characters and English voice acting seem a bit iffy to me atm, but other than that it's looking rather amazing



I'm not sure I agree with SQ being revived as I'd say ffxiv a realm reborn has already done that, the company is back into profit and its down to that game.

I do think that ffxv is going to sell really well though, in my opinion there's only 2 games that look like they're starting to really use the hardware of these next gen consoles and that's Final Fantasy XV and metal gear solid V the phantom pain. I really hope these two sell well because its these type of games in which you can see there's been a lot of work, passion and dedication put into them that deserve the sales that games like Call of Duty get.



PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
AZWification said:
tiffac said:
Wait... so the prediction is FFXV will do 10M on the PS4? :O

Yeah, not a very bold prediction if you ask me! Badge's prediction is actually a very bold one!

Holy Smokes! xD



tiffac said:
AZWification said:

Yeah, not a very bold prediction if you ask me! Badge's prediction is actually a very bold one!

Holy Smokes! xD

You don't see predictions this bold very often, eh?



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

rpgmaniac said:
ktay95 said:

FFXIII sold 7m with a rather mixed reception from fans. Not only that but it went on to sell another 1m a year after release. To say that FFXV cant sell over 7m is you being uninformed or just blind hate for the game.

The only reason FFXIII sold what it sold was because FF fans trusted blindy SE back then & get it w/o first to read some reviews & watch some trailers, FFXIII had record-breaking numbers of refounds in case u didn't know it, also what happen with the 2 sequels that follow? after everyone saw how crap FFXIII was the sale plummet XIII-2 sold just 1/3 of FFXIII sales & LR not even 1 million why that happen? because FFXIII was absolute shit & the 70%+ who play it hate it so open your eyes & don't tell me that I'm uninformed be sure that I'm more informed that some blind fanboys like your self will ever be, also don't be so sure that FF fans forget & forgive all the shit SE pull till now, I will be here few months after game launch & we will see then who is truly uninformed & who is a blind stupid fanboy that keep on licking SE @ss no matter what they did & no matter how crap they treat their fans.

 

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

You know, it's much easier to have a discussion when you use the most basic of tools to ensure your facts are in order. XIII-2 did around half of XIII and LR has indeed passed 1 million WW. For reference, there has always been large drops in sales from first console FF to the second. Effect is compounded by the heavy criticism.



Ff15 will not be in my collection. 13 made me feel too disappointed.



Gilgamesh = John Lucas of Final Fantasy?



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.