Quantcast
Wii U beaten by the Dreamcast - what now?

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U beaten by the Dreamcast - what now?

Voltaris said:
Nah they'll be fine, at the end of the day they are making money from this all in all so its not to much to be concerned about


How is it not concerning, their consoles are no longer viable sellers.  What do they do next given wiiu abysmal sales ?  The next one if there is one will follow the lowset selling Nintendo consoel ever, any business plan following it will be hard to justify especially the 3rd parties are truely done with supporting then consoles.



Around the Network
Mikmster said:
Voltaris said:
Nah they'll be fine, at the end of the day they are making money from this all in all so its not to much to be concerned about

How is it not concerning, their consoles are no longer viable sellers.  What do they do next given wiiu abysmal sales ?  The next one if there is one will follow the lowset selling Nintendo consoel ever, any business plan following it will be hard to justify especially the 3rd parties are truely done with supporting then consoles.

Nintendo came back from the GC, so yeah... there isn't much to be concerned about.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Going by the numbers on VG chartz Wii U will have passed the Dreamcast in sales by Christmas, numbers that it took the Dreamcast 4 years to do?



setsunatenshi said:
WolfpackN64 said:
ps4tw said:

Looking at the sales figures, the Dreamcast, a console widely seen as a failure and the downfall of Sega, sold better than the Wii U to date. As Nintendo has the cash assest to survive a failed console, where will they go from here? It seems that they do not want to adapt to the demands of the modern gamer, and their core user base is smaller than ever. This being said, will this force Nintendo's hand out of the console business just as the Dreamcast did to Sega? How can Nintendo repair the publicity damage the Wii U has done to them in the eyes of gamers? 


The Nintendo core base is MUCH larger than Sony and Microsoft's. The Wii U will outsell the Dreamcast no problem and Nintendo's stifness is paying off, profits tripeling this quarter. Carry on.


Excuse me...

 

 

Care to elaborate what would give you such idea?

I'm talking anout real core gamers, not people who trade in their PS3 and all their FIFA games just to buy a PS4 and the new FIFA. Nintendo's games have a high attach rate, higher than some Sony and Microsoft exclusives. Their own software makes them quite a lot of money.

To be clear, I was NOT talking about pure console sales. Nintendo is clearly not in the best position. But it's also not doing bad anymore.



RolStoppable said:
Mikmster said:
Voltaris said:
Nah they'll be fine, at the end of the day they are making money from this all in all so its not to much to be concerned about

How is it not concerning, their consoles are no longer viable sellers.  What do they do next given wiiu abysmal sales ?  The next one if there is one will follow the lowset selling Nintendo consoel ever, any business plan following it will be hard to justify especially the 3rd parties are truely done with supporting then consoles.

Nintendo came back from the GC, so yeah... there isn't much to be concerned about.

With a fluke fad ? not strenght of their own merits proven by their incapability to replacate the success agian.    I dont doubt they will find success agian, neither would i doubt ill be as a 3rd party.



Around the Network

I really don't know what Nintendo will do next tbh. The casual gamers are gone, so another Wii like system probably isn't a good idea. The core gamers will always choose a PlayStation or a Xbox over a Nintendo system, so another GC like system probably isn't a good idea. Handhelds are on the decline, so the hybrid thing probably isn't a good idea. I really don't know...



Mikmster said:
Voltaris said:
Nah they'll be fine, at the end of the day they are making money from this all in all so its not to much to be concerned about


How is it not concerning, their consoles are no longer viable sellers.  What do they do next given wiiu abysmal sales ?  The next one if there is one will follow the lowset selling Nintendo consoel ever, any business plan following it will be hard to justify especially the 3rd parties are truely done with supporting then consoles.


Gamecube made Nintendo money. They profited pretty well. They profit off Wii U. They are fine.



ps4tw said:

Looking at the sales figures, the Dreamcast, a console widely seen as a failure and the downfall of Sega, sold better than the Wii U to date. As Nintendo has the cash assest to survive a failed console, where will they go from here? It seems that they do not want to adapt to the demands of the modern gamer, and their core user base is smaller than ever. This being said, will this force Nintendo's hand out of the console business just as the Dreamcast did to Sega? How can Nintendo repair the publicity damage the Wii U has done to them in the eyes of gamers? 

Meanwhile back at Nintendo......




It isn't all about console sales. Nintendo's software is mostly 1st party so they make tons of cash from that, and amiibos have sold nearly 1 million to date.



http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

Wii U + PS4 

Consoles>Mobile

When you have one direction as your user pic I can not take anything you say with any kind of anything. Nintendo is in a better spot then sega was.