Quantcast
WiiU redesign - I think it's time and would boost sale.

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU redesign - I think it's time and would boost sale.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Wii u has basically reached its limit and I doubt anyone would care for a redisigned console....nintendo really drop ed the ball this gen, will have to take being in last place for a long time....


The GameCube didn't get a redesign either. Though it got a lot of color variations. Gold Wii U for Zelda is probable I would think.



Around the Network

They need a new look. Like how they did with the 360



You want a redesign with new CPU, more RAM, more storage, and a Blu-ray drive for less money than the current model MSRP?

And sorry, but a gamepad-less bundle won't ever happen. I used to want it to happen, because all it requires is an OS update right? WRONG. The gamepad is a necessary component for too many games already in the lineup, and Nintendo has already said that they won't abandon it. Nintendo's abandoning, and OS update (if it was tuned more suited for controller pro, instead of gamepad) would be unfair to the existing owners as well. NOT ONLY THAT, Nintendo would have to produce a GamePad SKU for retail.



DrasticDracon said:

You want a redesign with new CPU, more RAM, more storage, and a Blu-ray drive for less money than the current model MSRP?

And sorry, but a gamepad-less bundle won't ever happen. I used to want it to happen, because all it requires is an OS update right? WRONG. The gamepad is a necessary component for too many games already in the lineup, and Nintendo has already said that they won't abandon it. Nintendo's abandoning, and OS update (if it was tuned more suited for controller pro, instead of gamepad) would be unfair to the existing owners as well. NOT ONLY THAT, Nintendo would have to produce a GamePad SKU for retail.

 

The part nintendo use are outdated .... Simply switch from 2gb ram ddr3 to 4gb ram ddr3 or 2 gb ram ddr5 would greatly improve performance costing about the same.

Nobody even make 32 gb hd .. They could easily switch to 64 or 128gb cost would be only a few dollars.

nintendo Wiiu part are all old and outdated there much better yet still cheap parts that could replace and improve performance beside I think they should only improve load times not alienate current base with incompatible games.

the most expensive part on the Wiiu is the gamepad. Compare price of gamepad to controller pro...

 

The gamepad is necessary?? My gamepad has been dead for almost 6 month, I been using only wii remote or controller pro. The system can already work without gamepad!!! 



Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

yvanjean said:

The part nintendo use are outdated .... Simply switch from 2gb ram ddr3 to 4gb ram ddr3 or 2 gb ram ddr5 would greatly improve performance costing about the same.

Nobody even make 32 gb hd .. They could easily switch to 64 or 128gb cost would be only a few dollars.

nintendo Wiiu part are all old and outdated there much better yet still cheap parts that could replace and improve performance beside I think they should only improve load times not alienate current base with incompatible games.

the most expensive part on the Wiiu is the gamepad. Compare price of gamepad to controller pro...

The gamepad is necessary?? My gamepad has been dead for almost 6 month, I been using only wii remote or controller pro. The system can already work without gamepad!!! 

Firstly, I agree that an increase to RAM alone would be a good upgrade since it's hardly costly, and would boost the OS well. More bundles with larger storage capacities is actually a no-brainer, but a redesign with all of the upgrades you mentioned in OP is too much for <$250. You're also right that the Wii U hardware is outdated. Hell, people said that it was outdated when it came out 2 years ago.

The fact that the gamepad is an expensive part of the overall package certainly stands. I never spoke against it, but I believe there are some features to the current OS that can only be operated with the GP, such as system settings. I'm pretty sure you need it to set up the console in the first place, and there is in fact many games that require the gamepad. (Ex: Nintendo Land, Wii Party U)



Around the Network

Nothing will Help Wii U. Nintendo need to go back to the drawing board and release the NES 7 in 2016 or 2017. Most importantly drop the Wii name.



“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

 

DrasticDracon said:
yvanjean said:

The part nintendo use are outdated .... Simply switch from 2gb ram ddr3 to 4gb ram ddr3 or 2 gb ram ddr5 would greatly improve performance costing about the same.

Nobody even make 32 gb hd .. They could easily switch to 64 or 128gb cost would be only a few dollars.

nintendo Wiiu part are all old and outdated there much better yet still cheap parts that could replace and improve performance beside I think they should only improve load times not alienate current base with incompatible games.

the most expensive part on the Wiiu is the gamepad. Compare price of gamepad to controller pro...

The gamepad is necessary?? My gamepad has been dead for almost 6 month, I been using only wii remote or controller pro. The system can already work without gamepad!!! 

Firstly, I agree that an increase to RAM alone would be a good upgrade since it's hardly costly, and would boost the OS well. More bundles with larger storage capacities is actually a no-brainer, but a redesign with all of the upgrades you mentioned in OP is too much for <$250. You're also right that the Wii U hardware is outdated. Hell, people said that it was outdated when it came out 2 years ago.

The fact that the gamepad is an expensive part of the overall package certainly stands. I never spoke against it, but I believe there are some features to the current OS that can only be operated with the GP, such as system settings. I'm pretty sure you need it to set up the console in the first place, and there is in fact many games that require the gamepad. (Ex: Nintendo Land, Wii Party U)

The market has spoken and they are simply not interested in the gamepad only 7 million Wiiu sold after two years. If Nintendo want to insist on the gamepad they need to take a lose on it. Many people posting on the thread still claim a price cut won't make a difference. But, I stongly dissasgree. At the moment none of the console are priced at impluse purchase price which is around $199 or less. The WiiU retail at $299, any drop in retail price will increase sales. It's simply economics 101. Look at how well it worked for the Xbox one. 

On black friday the Xbox one Assasssin creed bundle was selling for $329, WiiU with it's obsolete hardware and unwanted gamepad look miserable next to the Xbox one at $299 or the extremely popular power house that his the PS4 selling at $399.99.

You need to remember that the WiiU has come out two years ago .... there immense cost saving achieve during that time. Minor ram upgrade or cpu upgrade would greatly improve performance at almost no extra cost. Ignore the blu-ray movie option that's just my personal preference. A redesign would also increase awareness and put the spotlight on WiiU for a short while. The buzz that it would create in the gaming community would generate free word of mouth advertizing. The more controversial the change greater the buzz....

You must also acknoledge that Nintendo has nothing to lose. They don't even have a install base to support because the current install base is currently so small and on the grand scale meaningless. 3.5 million in USA; 2 million in Japan and slightly more than 2.5 rest of the world thats hardly a healthy install base. Beside the only thing we need has current WiiU owners is more games. 



Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

yvanjean said:

What we need in redesign:

1. Quietter consoles. 
2. Bigger harddrive.
3. WiiU without gamepad just a WiiU Controller Pro.
4. WiiU without the power brick. 
5. Blu-ray video support. Not sure if this is possible and still run the WiiU optical disc.
6. Increase Ram and processor, Not for games performance but faster loading menu and load times.
7. Cost need to be under $250.00.
8. Color, I loved my Platinum colored Gamecube. 

Platinum color WiiU for $250 featuring wisper quiet console with faster loadings time, 250 GB HD and WiiU controller Pro (gamepad sold separately). 

1) I really don't hear any noice from my system. But, as long as it doesn't change the size of the system... I guess. But, I don't see this as a issue.
2) Highly agree with this one
3) No.... tired of constantly hearing about this.
4) That would make them completely redesign the system. The power brick hiding behind your Tv is what makes the system be so small. They would have to increase the size and design to do this. I also see this as a none issue and not that important. I don't think a power brink is stopping people from buying the system.
5) I don't see the need. It would make Nintendo loose money for not much return. People just use there Xbone or PS4 to watch there movies.
6) This would be nice.
7) They desperately need to give the system a $250 MK8 bundle and a SB bundle. Bundle, but cutting the gamepad is not the fix.
8) They could possible do the faceplates they were doing on the new 3ds. but, they do need to do more limited edition systems.



     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Much more memory and a price drop is needed urgently.



    

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

yvanjean said:
DrasticDracon said:

Firstly, I agree that an increase to RAM alone would be a good upgrade since it's hardly costly, and would boost the OS well. More bundles with larger storage capacities is actually a no-brainer, but a redesign with all of the upgrades you mentioned in OP is too much for <$250. You're also right that the Wii U hardware is outdated. Hell, people said that it was outdated when it came out 2 years ago.

The fact that the gamepad is an expensive part of the overall package certainly stands. I never spoke against it, but I believe there are some features to the current OS that can only be operated with the GP, such as system settings. I'm pretty sure you need it to set up the console in the first place, and there is in fact many games that require the gamepad. (Ex: Nintendo Land, Wii Party U)

The market has spoken and they are simply not interested in the gamepad only 7 million Wiiu sold after two years. If Nintendo want to insist on the gamepad they need to take a lose on it. Many people posting on the thread still claim a price cut won't make a difference. But, I stongly dissasgree. At the moment none of the console are priced at impluse purchase price which is around $199 or less. The WiiU retail at $299, any drop in retail price will increase sales. It's simply economics 101. Look at how well it worked for the Xbox one. 

On black friday the Xbox one Assasssin creed bundle was selling for $329, WiiU with it's obsolete hardware and unwanted gamepad look miserable next to the Xbox one at $299 or the extremely popular power house that his the PS4 selling at $399.99.

You need to remember that the WiiU has come out two years ago .... there immense cost saving achieve during that time. Minor ram upgrade or cpu upgrade would greatly improve performance at almost no extra cost. Ignore the blu-ray movie option that's just my personal preference. A redesign would also increase awareness and put the spotlight on WiiU for a short while. The buzz that it would create in the gaming community would generate free word of mouth advertizing. The more controversial the change greater the buzz....

You must also acknoledge that Nintendo has nothing to lose. They don't even have a install base to support because the current install base is currently so small and on the grand scale meaningless. 3.5 million in USA; 2 million in Japan and slightly more than 2.5 rest of the world thats hardly a healthy install base. Beside the only thing we need has current WiiU owners is more games. 

While this is a pretty good argument on the subject, you still have to think about how Nintendo, as a company, makes decisions about their products. When they released the WiiU, they said that the GamePad is strictly an important part of the console. They have an obligation to their promise regardless of some of our opinions on the matter. (When the console was unveiled, I thought the idea was HORRIBLE)

I agree that the cut would raise prices to a degree, but I doubt it'll ever happen. If it does, it might be closer to the end of the WiiU's lifespan, kind of like the offline Wii Mini.