Quantcast
Locked: Microsoft doesn't earn a single dollar from X1 "lost exclusives" to PC.

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft doesn't earn a single dollar from X1 "lost exclusives" to PC.

This days anywhere you go you find console wars, specially between Xbots and Sony ponies. And one thing i have read many times from xbots is that when an Xbox exclusive is announced for PC it doesn't matter because "the PC is from Microsoft". 

Well i'm sorry for you guys but PC doesn't belong to MS, only one of the many operating systems available for it. And MS only makes proffit with a game coming to PC when the ip belongs to them.

MS hasn't earned a single dollar from PC versions of games like Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and other third party games that were once X1 exclusives, becuause MS doesn't own those ip and those games have been launched on Steam so all profits go to Valve and the studio that actually made the game.

I know i may look like captain obvious for many of you that actually have a brain but there's a lot of people that keeps saying that and maybe we can help them out a little with threads like this :/ 

PD: Sorry for my english.



Around the Network

I thought that was how it worked. This money distribution thing kills me though. Too confusing.



They make money on the people buying the computer to play the game. They sell their operating system, along with what comes included or as a option. So in the long run they do make money, it adds to the operating system. Which promotes more sales and value.



Im pretty sure the goal is to keep it on Microsoft platforms (most PC's is Windows) which makes them more appealing while keeping them off their competitor's platforms(PS, Nintendo). XBO is more appealing because of these games and the devs can be happy because they can earn more profits on PC which isnt hurting Microsoft but also makes Windows and PC look more appealing at the same time.  Its an incentive to the developer, you give us console exclusve and we allow you to work on PC as well for extra cash.  Win/Win situation



Nice way to troll, Don't think you won't get banned for this. Seems over reaching.



Around the Network

I think they get money indirectly cause people has to play on Windows and not Mac or Linux



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I think they get money indirectly cause people has to play on Windows and not Mac or Linux


Exactly! It adds value to the operating system which MS makes a ton off of.



DJEVOLVE said:

They make money on the people buying the computer to play the game. They sell their operating system, along with what comes included or as a option. So in the long run they do make money, it adds to the operating system. Which promotes more sales and value.

You can't count the money MS makes from the OS as money made with games. MS sells you the OS one time and earns profit from it but you were probably gonna buy that OS anyway (if you buy a pre-build computer you are always buying a copy of windows with it), but every game that will come from X1 to PC and does not belong to Microsoft is not a profit they are making, is only an exclusive they are losing and all the profits from the PC version of that exclusive will go to the company that made the game.


Also many PC gamers normally order PCs with the specs they want and without OS, and after they download a pirate copy of Windows. I have Windows 8.1 right now and is the first legal windows copy i ever have on my gaming computer and because i took the license from a laptop i had...



Uabit said:
DJEVOLVE said:

They make money on the people buying the computer to play the game. They sell their operating system, along with what comes included or as a option. So in the long run they do make money, it adds to the operating system. Which promotes more sales and value.

You can't count the money MS makes from the OS as money made with games. MS sells you the OS one time and earns profit from it but you were probably gonna buy that OS anyway (if you buy a pre-build computer you are always buying a copy of windows with it), but every game that will come from X1 to PC and does not belong to Microsoft is not a profit they are making, is only an exclusive they are losing and all the profits from the PC version of that exclusive will go to the company that made the game.


Also many PC gamers normally order PCs with the specs they want and without OS, and after they download a pirate copy of Windows. I have Windows 8.1 right now and is the first legal windows copy i ever have on my gaming computer and because i took the license from a laptop i had...


Indirectly it adds to the system, Where else can you do that? So I can do exactly that. Your argument is flawed.



Yeah, the wording in the OP is very poor. Probably best to lock this before it gets out of hand.

The actual topic however does seem to have potential. You're welcome to remake the thread, if it has a more level-headed approach which doesn't just attack other fanbases and has something to back it up.



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.