Quantcast
Locked: Global Hardware 8th of November 2014

Forums - Latest Charts - Global Hardware 8th of November 2014

Burek said:
dangerguy said:

And yes, MS has goals and if PS4 is somehow exceeding their sales expectations, that doesn't all of the sudden make Xbox "meeting" sales expectations a failure.

Somehow I doubt XBox is meeting sales expectations.

Because had it been doing so, I doubt that Microsoft would have:

- Debundled an integral part of the console

- Given away free blockbuster games

- Cut the price less than a year into the lifecycle

- Been forced to reduce production due to excess of stock


Unless part of their goal was to sell more than Sony. In which case you could still sell as expected.



Around the Network
MB1025 said:


Unless part of their goal was to sell more than Sony. In which case you could still sell as expected.

It was! Microsoft have to sell more than Sony and Nintendo and anyone else that dares challenge them! They have to be number 1! If they can't be number 1 then they don't deserve to exist! Number 1 or nothing!

 

/sarcasm



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

dangerguy said:

Wow, huge Xbox One NA numbers. That's insane! Should be a good generation for both consoles.

With PS4's hold in Japan I don't think Xbox One will ever surpass it, but who cares? It's good for consumers to have more than 1 successful console. In 8 years if PS4 has sold 100 million consoles and Xbox One has sold 90 million, who cares? Congrats to PS4 for "winning" the generation, whatever that title gives you.

The gap is already over 6 million, you think the gap will only grow another 4 million over 7 years? Of this I am certain, there is no way both Xb one and PS4 are coming close to PS3 and 360 numbers this generation.

There was zero growth between gen 6 and gen 7 across the PS and Xb platforms (PS2box = 181M, PS360=167M). All that happened was a reshuffling of market share towards 360, and the missing 14 million are those who went with Wii instead. I also think the casuals of the last 2 generations have gone to the real casual platforms of phone and tablet, and facebook games. So PS4 and Xb one I reckon are fighting over a market of about 150-160M. My guess is best result for Xb one is 2:1 split of market share in favour of PS4 with 100M:50M.



“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

 

Europe SW:

 

PosGameWeeklyTotalWeek #
1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)
Activision, Shooter
1,048,305 1,048,305 1
2
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (XOne)
Activision, Shooter
497,576 497,576 1
3
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS3)
Activision, Shooter
414,969 414,969 1
4
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (X360)
Activision, Shooter
293,566 293,566 1
5
Football Manager 2015 (PC)
Sega, Simulation
82,421 82,421 1
6
FIFA 15 (PS4)
Electronic Arts, Sports
75,170 2,157,255 7
7
FIFA 15 (PS3)
Electronic Arts, Sports
64,916 1,542,492 7
8
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC)
Activision, Shooter
54,256 54,256 1
9
Farming Simulator 2015 (PC)
Focus Home Interactive, Simulation
50,421 181,682 2
10
FIFA 15 (X360)
Electronic Arts, Sports
42,382 1,097,454 7
11
MineCraft (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Adventure
31,405 726,978 26
12
FIFA 15 (XOne)
Electronic Arts, Sports
30,520 685,424 7
13
Destiny (PS4)
Activision, Action
29,629 1,217,618 9
14
Tomodachi Life (3DS)
Nintendo, Simulation
29,321 561,630 23
15
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS)
Nintendo, Fighting
29,252 378,372 6
16
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4)
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Action
28,316 440,138 6
17
The Evil Within (PS4)
Bethesda Softworks, Action
28,215 309,784 4
18
Sunset Overdrive (XOne)
Microsoft Game Studios, Shooter
24,476 83,231 2
19
MineCraft (PS4)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Adventure
24,244 168,221 6
20
Minecraft (X360)
Microsoft Game Studios, Adventure
20,515 1,686,933 72
21
Just Dance 2015 (Wii)
Ubisoft, Misc
18,570 55,219 3
22
The Sims 4 (PC)
Electronic Arts, Action
18,488 466,963 10
23
Alien: Isolation (PS4)
Sega, Shooter
18,221 132,443 5
24
The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Adventure
17,188 720,245 15
25
WWE 2K15 (PS3)
Take-Two Interactive, Sports
16,241 52,862 2
26
The Evil Within (PS3)
Bethesda Softworks, Action
15,606 109,476 4
27
Lords of the Fallen (PS4)
Square Enix, Role-Playing
15,543 52,783 2
28
DriveClub (PS4)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Racing
15,226 237,435 5
29
Forza Horizon 2 (XOne)
Microsoft Game Studios, Action
15,055 225,711 6
30
Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii)
Activision, Action
14,374 77,852 5


yeah ps4 will win in cod sales
good job xbox one
and hey wii u has a new japan bundle coming so it should get better :)



Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Pretty good week all round really

yeah I mean xbox one did really well

ps4 did really well

wii u did ok I mean its doing better in us and europe by a couple k than last year(plus the reason why it was behind the week before was because of the wii party u bundle that sild like amazingly well in japan)

and 3ds shall be doing god-like numbers week of november 21 all good



Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Xbone and PS4 will always be ahead of Wii U because of 3rd party titles that wouldn't sell on Wii U anyways. As long as each gaming division is profitable at the end of the day, that's all that I care about. Anyway, Xbone shot up nicely yet PS4 is still on top. This is truly going to be a battle. We're talkin' Apollo Creed vs. Rocky Balboa here with Nintendo being the towel guy.



Ljink96 said:
Xbone and PS4 will always be ahead of Wii U because of 3rd party titles that wouldn't sell on Wii U anyways. As long as each gaming division is profitable at the end of the day, that's all that I care about. Anyway, Xbone shot up nicely yet PS4 is still on top. This is truly going to be a battle. We're talkin' Apollo Creed vs. Rocky Balboa here with Nintendo being the towel guy.

Wii U is doing better than last year at least

XD



Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ljink96 said:
Xbone and PS4 will always be ahead of Wii U because of 3rd party titles that wouldn't sell on Wii U anyways. As long as each gaming division is profitable at the end of the day, that's all that I care about. Anyway, Xbone shot up nicely yet PS4 is still on top. This is truly going to be a battle. We're talkin' Apollo Creed vs. Rocky Balboa here with Nintendo being the towel guy.

Wii U is doing better than last year at least

XD

This is so true. Nintendo's faring pretty well as of late. This gen will be far from the legend that the was Wii and DS era but I think good things will come out of Wii U throughout its life cycle.



Ljink96 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ljink96 said:
Xbone and PS4 will always be ahead of Wii U because of 3rd party titles that wouldn't sell on Wii U anyways. As long as each gaming division is profitable at the end of the day, that's all that I care about. Anyway, Xbone shot up nicely yet PS4 is still on top. This is truly going to be a battle. We're talkin' Apollo Creed vs. Rocky Balboa here with Nintendo being the towel guy.

Wii U is doing better than last year at least

XD

This is so true. Nintendo's faring pretty well as of late. This gen will be far from the legend that the was Wii and DS era but I think good things will come out of Wii U throughout its life cycle.

itll get better wii u hasnt released smash toad in us and new japan bundles yet XD



Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3